Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Applewhite posted:

If someone builds a sexbot and endows it with real sentience, but structures its positronic pathways in such a way that it wants to have sex with the owner, is it rape?

On the one hand, its consent is as real to it as naturally created consent is to an organic human, but on the other hand the sexbot never had a choice whether to come to that conclusion naturally. Need to know answer to this conundrum before sexbots with true AI are invented.

I raised my kids to be sex positive so every time they are having sex it is like i am raping them without having to move a single muscle, it is very convenient and you should try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

blainestereo posted:

I raised my kids to be sex positive so every time they are having sex it is like i am raping them without having to move a single muscle, it is very convenient and you should try it.

dont rape your kids imo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

dont rape your kids imo

Just when it seemed like the 2004-style bigots had gone home, intolerance raises it's ugly head...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

SlipUp posted:

We live lives increasingly devoid of meaning. People find meaning in struggle. In the first world, there is increasingly less meaningful struggles. We've reached the point where people will actively insert themselves into the struggles of others with good intentions and terrible results or invent a struggle to find meaning for our empty decadent consumer lives.

Just train yourself to have as much anxiety as possible. Invent problems for yourself, then try to solve those problems by making them everyone else's problems.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

SlipUp posted:

We live lives increasingly devoid of meaning. People find meaning in struggle. In the first world, there is increasingly less meaningful struggles. We've reached the point where people will actively insert themselves into the struggles of others with good intentions and terrible results or invent a struggle to find meaning for our empty decadent consumer lives.

Instead of struggling for things like good grades or a promotion or a clean house.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Stephen Fry said he was sorry

Do YOU forgive him?

I can never forgive him. Because what he said doesn't have an effect on me, what's to forgive, you know?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Professor Shark posted:

Stephen Fry is right about a lot of things, hell he may even be right about most things

He is definitely correct about the things in the OP.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Stephen Fry said he was sorry

Do YOU forgive him?
He is wrong about apologizing though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RideTheSpiral posted:

dont rape your kids imo

controversial

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Stinky_Pete posted:

I can never forgive him. Because what he said doesn't have an effect on me, what's to forgive, you know?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Our lives are increasingly devoid of problems therefore

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think rape and sexism is bad but I also think the far-left needs to get back to arson, kidnapping and bank robbing.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Maoist Pussy posted:

Our lives are increasingly devoid of problems therefore

we troll trans people on the internet apparently.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Never forget the price of our victory, comrades

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Drad_Bert posted:

Never forget the price of our victory, comrades

who is this walrus man?!??

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Oh is this the thread for this now? Ok.

"Safe space" is being used in the opposite direction now, against student protesters. At least at OSU. Freddie DeBoer was right:

quote:

At Ohio State last week, a sit-in and protest inside a university building was cut short when students were warned that they would be forcibly removed by police, arrested, and possibly expelled if they did not vacate the premises within a few hours, by 5 a.m.

"Our goal, because I want you to understand why we would do something like this—I didn’t think we were going to—but the consensus of university leaders is that the people who work in this building should be protected also.

They come to work around 7 o’clock. Do you remember when you all made the rush down there and chanted to the folks outside the doors a minute ago?

That scared people."

Who was scared, they scoffed, the police officers with guns? Said the university messenger, “If you refuse to understand what I’m trying to tell you—I’m not going to answer that question,” meaning he refused to say who it scared. Soon after, his sidekick steps in, saying, “It would scare employees who are wanting to do their work in this building.” Added the first messenger, “The employees who work past five o’clock left early this evening. Do you know why? Because they were scared you were going to do something.”

Said messenger two, “That’s the truth you guys. I talked to several of them when they walked out of here.” Their consensus position: “The people in this building have a right to a safe environment, and to an environment where their jobs won’t be interrupted.”

They were actually calling for divestment from several companies as opposed to just being mad about statues or whatever, so this was actually a more material protest. And probably one OSU didn't want to hear about.

The proper reaction here is a reevaluation of the logic of "safe space" to prevent protests or speech you dislike generally, imo. But the comments are a lot closer to "haha those kids got owned". So, I guess this is all a cycle. :circlefap:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

The Landstander posted:

Oh is this the thread for this now? Ok.

"Safe space" is being used in the opposite direction now, against student protesters. At least at OSU. Freddie DeBoer was right:

No, no, this is the trigger warnings for everything thread. The safe space thread is too safe to be revealed

edit: also lol that he called it a "paddywagon" and nobody called him out for insensitivity to Irish immigrants

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 15, 2016

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The Landstander posted:

The proper reaction here is a reevaluation of the logic of "safe space" to prevent protests or speech you dislike generally, imo. But the comments are a lot closer to "haha those kids got owned". So, I guess this is all a cycle. :circlefap:

I'd like to think that the cause for that is a "reap what you sow, dipshits" attitude but I know that it's really just authoritarianism celebrating the authority giving the bitchers the boot.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Wulfolme posted:

I'd like to think that the cause for that is a "reap what you sow, dipshits" attitude but I know that it's really just authoritarianism celebrating the authority giving the bitchers the boot.

what goes around, comes around

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
EVEN THE SKULLS OF WHITE PEDIGREE MALES

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

this thread must be destroyed for the good of the people. setting up the explosives now

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kelly comics are getting weird

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Wulfolme posted:

EVEN THE SKULLS OF WHITE PEDIGREE MALES

LOOK...AT THE PICTURE!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Wulfolme posted:

Porque no les dos?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I clicked on this thread because I knew a Steven Fry in high school and he was pretty weird. He wanted to be a communist and wanted to be British like those two things had anything to do with each other. I remember when we were watching a video of the American Revolution in history class and he went on and on about how the British should have won the war and started picking fights with people in class about it. He ended up jumping on me in the hallway when it was my turn and I just held him down until he stopped. He also refused to give the pledge of allegiance every single day. He was pretty cool and I was actually friends with him when he wasn't being weird.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
making children pledge allegiance is creepy as gently caress.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

wtf is this, some /pol poo poo?

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit

skeletonotherkin posted:

wtf is this, some /pol poo poo?

some guy from or adjacent to "million dollar extreme" drew it

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I once said that Jeremy Clarkson seemed like the meathead version of Stephen Fry. Goons quickly and firmly informed me that I was wrong, because Jeremy Clarkson is a piece of poo poo. As we now see, I was, once again, correct.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I read this and now I have schizophrenia.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am seeing more lum avs and it is good, thank you for contributing

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mad Magazine trying to pick up the ppl Cracked has dumped? Smart move.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i am seeing more lum avs and it is good, thank you for contributing

I have no idea who gave it to me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember that time Jeremy Clarkson made an off-hand joke about truckers murdering hookers (it's true) and something like 550 people took the time to write formal complaints to BBC over it?

what's the deal with that stereotype, was there some famous trucker murderer in Britain?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Mordja posted:

I have no idea who gave it to me.

aw gently caress you then

wait what's happening. not like this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I'm so glad that failed

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I'm liking these lum avs a lot.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
This thread isn't about Futurama. What is this bullshit.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

youre a couple days late for the parody threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

I agree with him.

• Locked thread