Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ganbatte, Shiraishi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Ohta almost the world's greatest detective.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Miyano is one sharp cookie.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Everybody in this show is so tender and I love it. It's just a show about nice people being nice to each other it's great

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

krnhotwings posted:

Miyano is one sharp cookie.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Miyano was a cookie, would she be a shortbread? :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This show was already really good but with the inclusion of an episode about pancakes it has moved into the territory of extremely good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tenebrais posted:

This show is too real

The part about the girl going through all the complex thoughts in her head, then cut to the guys doing nonsense like making crab hands

this crossed the line, show is way too real.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I was honestly having some pretty bad flashbacks to my time in high school being a goddamn dweeb

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everyone on this show is cool though

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
especially miyano. miyano is in fact the coolest

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
She is filling the Popura-shaped hole in my Popura-shaped heart.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/tanaka_anime/status/727745438535815170

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
There's literally nothing about this show I don't like.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

I like the loud, short one.

https://a.pomf.cat/wdbhut.webm

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This show is great, I need more.

Echizen best so far.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahaha so funny
This episode had so many of my favorite jokes, I'm dying

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/T24YIYD.gifv

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You know what you have to do with this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Those are amazing.

And awww, I feel bad for Echizen being misled. :3:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

No, stop, I haven't had this av for very long

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
poo poo... I'm rooting for Shiraishi because she's cute and good, but on the other hand, Tanaka and Ohta are already husbands! gently caress! What a dilemma!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

alcharagia posted:

poo poo... I'm rooting for Shiraishi because she's cute and good, but on the other hand, Tanaka and Ohta are already husbands! gently caress! What a dilemma!!

Embrace polyamory.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

Embrace polyamory.

Both Shiraishi and Ohta have already acknowledged that Ohta is Tanaka's husband. It's fine

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hosed up that Echizen so seriously considered those proposals when she already has the perfect girlfriend, IMO

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Someone needs to .gif the towel sliding off Tanaka's face towards the beginning.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone on this show has crushes on everyone else, all the time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally watched all the shorts posted on the show's twitter, definitely watch those if you haven't already

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Echizen: 越前
Tanaka: 田中
Ohta: 太田

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
In real life all the characters on this show would have black hair. Just something to think about

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dangerdoom volvo posted:

In real life all the characters on this show would have black hair. Just something to think about

Echizen would have bleached blonde hair

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Poor Ecchan :kimchi:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

alcharagia posted:

hosed up that Echizen so seriously considered those proposals when she already has the perfect girlfriend, IMO

Follow-up: I looked at the mang and found out that this chapter takes place well before Miyano confesses her love to Echizen so I am actually okay with it with that knowledge in mind

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually no now i'm wondering why they bumped that chapter forward on the list so far

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
maybe they bumped it up so Miyano would have a clean arc and people wouldn't assume her crush was Tanaka, the guy who already has both a crush and a husband as is.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

alcharagia posted:

actually no now i'm wondering why they bumped that chapter forward on the list so far
What's been adapted so far:

1: 1, 2, 3 - Tanaka & Oota focus
2: 4, 12 - Miyano focus
3: 11, 7, 21 - Echizen focus
4: 5, 6 - Shiraishi focus
5: 8, 19
6: 23, 10, 13

So they introduced the principal characters in the first four eps, then went with a grab bag of chapters for the next two.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

alcharagia posted:

Honestly, placing the chapters in that order shows how little they take the thing between Miyano and Echizen seriously. I know Japan has huge issues with acknowledging lesbianism as anything other than a phase or a joke, but even when you know it it still stings when it's ignored like that. It sucked all the enjoyment out of what would have otherwise been a really funny part to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyre posted:

Honestly, placing the chapters in that order shows how little they take the thing between Miyano and Echizen seriously. I know Japan has huge issues with acknowledging lesbianism as anything other than a phase or a joke, but even when you know it it still stings when it's ignored like that. It sucked all the enjoyment out of what would have otherwise been a really funny part to me.

Yeah, that was incredibly disappointing; while originally I thought that her acting like that despite the thing with Miyano was her thinking like that, learning that it was them taking the chapters out of order didn't make it much better. I laughed at things in it but the entire time it felt a bit bitter, and afterwards it's mostly disappointing.

• Locked thread