Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

darkgray posted:

Uhoh, I hope they didn't blow the entire season's animation budget on this one episode.

Seriously. I was really impressed by the animation during the fight. Must be a lot more relaxed stuff for the next few episodes. :v:

Fellis posted:

so do y'all think his reset point will get changed with the dawn of a new day?

I would be very surprised if that isn't what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Feels like the tiny librarian is gonna be the big key for his survival of whatever the hell happened this time. Seemed like she knew what was gonna happen to him once he went to bed. Hard to get any good idea of what was the cause from loop one though.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
:catstare:

Subaru sure gets it rough, gently caress.

Going by the sounds and some hints this episode, he clearly got super super poisoned at some point. Also maybe one of, if not both of the maids are maybe actually a demon of some sort? It still feels like him being able to find Beatrice whenever he wants and ducking into her room is going to be the big save he needs to make it through this.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm mainly curious if depending on which sister he gives attention to, it'll be the opposite who ends up coming after him for whatever reason it is.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
The best part of this episode was how obnoxious Subaru was being since he was forcing it thus making his already energetic personality dialed up to twelve and it was making him sick. I thought it was grating and painful to watch and I actually like Subaru a bunch. It did a drat good job on that front. :allears:

I feel like I should go back and watch the episode where he visited the village but I can't recall anything about it standing out that might have been a clue. Just a ton of kids clinging to him.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
How are they going to defeat the king puppy if Rem returned to normal :ohdear:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That was a good smile, Rem. :unsmith:

I think this is my favorite show this season. It just has so much going for it that I really like.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Holy poo poo, I completely missed the fact this is two cour.

I'm suddenly super excited.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Subaru and Emilia both need a hug :smith:

Not necessarily from each other at this point, but drat do they both need one after all that. Rem was a good victory but we all know who Subaru really wanted to win over as hard as Rem is on his side now.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

What is it about Subaru, presumably, thinking he'll use his reset powers to solve everything that makes the Demon Butler decide that Subaru doesnt want to become stronger?

I got the impression since Beefcake Butler looked at his eyes and could tell he's "faced death many times" he could also tell that he's stopped caring about physical strength after that point.

Also loving hell this episode. Subaru being so beat up emotionally like this is even worse than when he was forcing himself to be energetic and happy so hard he felt sick. Also please appreciate Rem more, Subaru. You didn't just save Emilia, you saved her too and she actually remembers this fact. :smith:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Subaru continues to have an extremely hard life and Rem is still best girl.

gently caress that episode was painful.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Those all better live up to how soft and fluffy Subaru claims he is. :colbert:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'll never forget you, Rem. :(

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
This episode had me ready to cry at any given moment. What an amazing episode that just flew by. I'm glad that this feels like the start of the comeback. :unsmith:

Rem feels like more of a main heroine in this series now than Emilia ever was.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I look forward to my friend, Subaru, overcoming these obstacles and getting everyone to work toward a common goal of loving up the cultists and going on a Moby Dick mission. :getin:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Feels good to have Subaru finally getting the wheels turning in a positive way again. Feels like it has been a long time coming even though only a few weeks. :allears:

Rem still best girl.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Adds in a raid boss shouldn't have the same stats as the main boss, pls nerf this encounter.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

please don't expose my magic attribute to everyone like that

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Frankly i'm relieved Subaru is looping again because it means he might be able to avoid some needless deaths oh his side.

Seriously, there were a lot of villagers caught up in the crossfire. If he can prevent some of those I'm sure he'd be fine with it. And that village was a lot bigger than I thought, I was surprised how big a crowd was there for him having to convince them to leave.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I thought the biggest and most obvious sign of his character growth this episode was instead of internalizing and freaking out about his possession from the last loop, he flat out told everyone about it right at the start.

Also I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing Wilhelm just appear by a cultist to take them out. Such a cool old man. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I am glad my pal Subaru got to end this season on a high note and it was not full of despair for the inevitable second season. Leave that poo poo for when it drops dammit. :argh:

This is definitely my favorite show of the year, no question. I look forward to going insane looking for Rem merchandise to order.

• Locked thread