Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny that Mini Kong in this movie is still twice the size of adolescent Kong from Skull Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Full of sound and fury?

signifying MONKEY SMASH

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

banned from Starbucks posted:

What drama parts did Kong do? That movie still somehow had 70%+ of its runtime with the awful human characters and that's with Kong "doing the drama parts"

he looked solemnly at the monkey slavery

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Half the film is Kong dealing with loneliness and/or fighting Monkey Mordor in the hollow earth.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

site posted:

he looked solemnly at the monkey slavery

aren't we getting a new Planet of the Apes film soon? that seems like a much better place to get my monkey slavery fix

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ungulateman posted:

aren't we getting a new Planet of the Apes film soon? that seems like a much better place to get my monkey slavery fix

IIRC Caesar and Kong have the same mocap actor. (Who also plays Gordy)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is it too late for a Kong/Planet of the Apes crossover? Or too soon?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ceaser need big ape

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

McSpanky posted:

Is it too late for a Kong/Planet of the Apes crossover? Or too soon?

Already was one! In comic form. There's a gently caress load of Planet of the Apes comics actually, one is about an ape biker gang who call themselves The Humans.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sorry, there's only one Casesar appropriate for this thread.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
king ceaser got them eyeball titties

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Soul of Chogokin Mecha Godzilla has been announced- 27cm tall, LED gimmicks and sounds, flight pose mode, die-cast and plastic. $250!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7FaLF2Qvo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1784460971517608148?t=BcnGnZ0ys0th58-VpAT8iw&s=19

Kojima has words about Godzilla X Kong which is the best endorsement.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Muscle Tracer posted:

Mystic Kaiju demigod got his rear end jobbed out in his debut film despite being the focus of the whole plot up to when he finally appeared, after getting his own mid-movie music video. It's the funniest joke in the series. I will always love King Caesar.

Him re-burying himself in rocks at the end after Godzilla did all the work is extremely funny.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

And then Goji solos MG and his goofy dino friend in the next movie. Caesar wasn't needed, what a loser.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Already was one! In comic form. There's a gently caress load of Planet of the Apes comics actually, one is about an ape biker gang who call themselves The Humans.

I wish someone would adapt the Humans but there’s no way it would retain all the graphic monkey sex.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Muscle Tracer posted:

What did they do to King Shisa? Looks like a drat Mogwai.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just finished rewatching the Showa era and King Caesar doing absolutely nothing after getting a full length song to bring him out was hilarious. While I didn't love all the movies on this rewatch the only one I stopped and just skipped was All Monsters Attack.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

i remembered what day it was so i swung back around to this post to check the account and either it got taken down or the owner deleted it lol. so things are looking good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

site posted:

i remembered what day it was so i swung back around to this post to check the account and either it got taken down or the owner deleted it lol. so things are looking good

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

People are receiving their blu-rays from CD Japan already of Minus One. I should be getting mine from Amazon Japan by next week; I picked up the 4K version. Both have the minus color version on blu-ray as well.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

People are receiving their blu-rays from CD Japan already of Minus One. I should be getting mine from Amazon Japan by next week; I picked up the 4K version. Both have the minus color version on blu-ray as well.

Does the 4K have English subs?

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

No English subs on the Japanese 4K, it has hit files sites

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

There’s at least HD clips out now so I can relive a few moment while I wait for the Blu ray release.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/nebsgoodtakes/status/1785861574764400703?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There’s at least HD clips out now so I can relive a few moment while I wait for the Blu ray release.

I can sup for months on the minelayer sequence alone.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gods, that first night scene was amazing

Absolutely loving terrifying - Goji was animated so well

Edit: Fin~
Fantastic

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 3, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/14_kaiju/status/1786256249190846851?t=iueeLAbm56hwF__cfoOYVA&s=19

Yes, disappointed. That's the right word.

Just release the drat movie, Toho.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s what you get toho

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: What is that - a tweet from a child? No poo poo it was gonna get pirated.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I could be watching Minus One right now.

Toho plz.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My UHD copy of Minus One should be here next week from Amazon Japan. I'm looking forward to watching the Minus Color version and the extras disk.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I watched it last night and I need to upgrade my sound system because after experiencing imax, ginza does not hit the same with these lovely TV speakers with no bass

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Give the people what they want, Toho! The People's Godzilla

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Please, Toho, please, I just want to give you money for English subtitles.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's a real tendency with Japanese companies that they just want the rest of the world to shut up and go away.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea well if they didn't want to give me english subs then maybe they should have won the war

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Where’s a good place to buy shin Godzilla and shin kamen rider?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: What is that - a tweet from a child? No poo poo it was gonna get pirated.

Company leadership should probably learn that playing regional games with global highly invested fanbases gets them burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ruddiger posted:

Where’s a good place to buy shin Godzilla and shin kamen rider?

Shin Godzilla: Amazon

Shin Kamen Rider is coming out in Japan on Disk I think this coming November, but if you have a Prime membership you can watch it on Amazon Prime in the meantime.