Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yeah I don't think I really dislike any of the Showa era except for All Monsters Attack. Biollante, King Ghidora, and Destoroyah are the best in the Heisei era. I also like 2000, and Against Mechagodzilla almost entirely because of the Mechagodzilla drop to rocket punch moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I attempted this once, watching at least 1 movie every day. I didn't get every far. :(

It's still on my big 'to do' list, someday I'll watch do a total Godzilla movie rewatch, all in order

I don't have a schedule for it because there's other things I also want to watch but I've been doing this very slowly over the last few months in order and really enjoying it. Except for All Monsters Attack.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Chronojam posted:

The Yetee put up a bunch of shirts for Godzilla and Kong. They're usually reliable quality although they have been switching up manufacturers so no promises.

I've actually found their newer shirts a lot more durable/quality than ones from a few years ago. May pick up a tie die Godzilla shirt.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to try and see it Saturday at the theater I can order food and beer at because I doubt it'll be shown very long. Pretty excited for a new big G movie.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just got back from the movie, thought it was great. I liked seeing Godzilla before the nuclear testing and he kind of reminded me of '98 Zilla. His breath was incredible in this movie and I'm fine with the somewhat happy ending especially if they do something with the regenerating parts and such.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i feel like desty takes too long before it goes insane

Agreed, it’s biollante.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I ran out of room on my shelf for godzilla stuff but I need to make room for a -1 figure and if there's a cool pink zilla figure I'll probably get one of those too even if the movie sucks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfv1u2PBeU

If it actually makes the WOM WOMWOM WOM WOM WOM noises as it gradually lights up I'm gonna have to buy one of these

Well I guess I need this. I'll just pretend I didn't just preorder the minus one figure since it's not being charged to my card til September :v:

Mr E fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 14, 2024

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The modern western Godzilla movies have been awful with scale in general tbh, especially in 2014 but also in the Kong movies. I'll probably go watch this one in theaters cause the local place is pretty cheap and lets me order beer and food from my seat so I'll enjoy it either way. I'm not big on Kong's design but I like pink fin big G.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I dont care if the scale is wonky in 2014 if it means that we get Godzilla smashing through the golden gate bridge or towering half a kilometer tall at points.

Yeah to be clear I notice the scale issues a lot in 2014 but it's not usually that big of a deal to me either if the action is still cool.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think it'd be neat if I could purchase Minus One on blu ray with English subtitles before the Dune 2 home release comes out next month

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really want a steelbook 4k of this movie but I'll take a normal blu ray released in the US too. Please let me give you money Toho (also let me buy the few movies not available on blu ray anymore from Heisei era).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just finished rewatching the Showa era and King Caesar doing absolutely nothing after getting a full length song to bring him out was hilarious. While I didn't love all the movies on this rewatch the only one I stopped and just skipped was All Monsters Attack.