Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Heavy Metal posted:

Those are two of my favs! Humble brag, I got to see both of those in theaters! Brattle theatre in Harvard Square is quite boss. Saw Gojira there too.

The Brattle had GMK at one point? I only saw Gojira and Final Wars there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Beeez posted:

Are there really people who don't think Geoffrey Rush was fantastic in Pirates of the Caribbean?

If there are I don't know them. The reason everyone remembers Jack Sparrow was because of how colorful a character he was and Johnny Depp turns out a great performance,

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

He was pretty good but I think everyone was expecting Cranston to be the main character.

It doesn't help that Cranston was in the marketing FAR more than Johnson.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

So... I went to look for a NA release, but that doesn't seem to be happening :negative:

I imagine withe the Legendary sequel in production they are just going to release it on DVD with little fanfare.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
Only thing I see near me is in New Jersey. Nothing near Boston.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Never doubt the power of "I'll just go to Best Buy after work."

I tried my local Best Buy earlier but they didn't ave one. :( Have to try Wal-Mart tomorrow.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Well, you got half of it right.

Kind of want that Bob Ross pop vinyl.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Nroo posted:

LegendaryGoji to perform new, modernized victory dance.

Would watch a movie twice in theater just for this.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

When I hacked my SNES Classic, I put Super Godzilla on it and revisited it for the first time since renting it when I was a kid.

Do not revisit Super Godzilla.

Super Godzilla is so bad, even if there is some great spritework

I still say the end is cool for when it goes full DBZ.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
Also isn't King Kong vs Godzilla still one of the highest grossing films in the franchise even adjusting for inflation?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

They freeze Godzilla twice to prevent him from catastrophically melting down while Destroyah is defeated by Godzilla - Destroyah's juvenile forms were also vulnerable to attack before they merged into its Aggregate Form

I thought the cold from the JSDF weapons and heat from Godzilla's spiral breath was what killed him.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

Specifically it's generally agreed that the freezing weapons bring Destroyah down, and Godzilla's meltdown is what finishes them for good

In that case I would give both credit for the kill.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Holy poo poo- a friend of mine in Baltimore was cleaning out his warehouse and mailed me this large lad. 22" long Maganulon from Rodan! X-Plus soft vinyl from 1998!

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1315070929974648832?s=20

That thing looks awesome and I want one.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

The American title was even better at being misleading

GODZILLA'S REVENGE

The American titles can be hilarious sometimes.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Beast Wars Yes.

Armada No.

Beast Machines hell loving no

What's wrong with Beast Machines CGI? The explosions are a little liquid looking but otherwise it's fine to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Big-G is a loving SELL OUT. Always has been.

Hey he's got a son to take care of and the ex got a lot in the divorce.