Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Godzilla Minus One is easily my favorite Godzilla film. Glad I got to see this in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Outside of OG Godzilla, Shin, and -1, what are the other good Japanese Godzilla movies?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Now the question is to watch subbed or dubbed. Subbed is likely superior.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I watched Final Wars last night. Amazing how much this series has improved.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Watching Godzilla vs Megalon. Some of the fights in this are hilarious/great. This movie has so much more charm than Final Wars. Final Wars felt like what if a Dreamcast era sega cutscene director was allowed to make a Godzilla.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Which Godzilla movies have better fights than Godzilla + Jet Jaguar vs Megalon + Gigan?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you look at the domestic box office for the various Monsterverse movies it's been steadily dropping off since 2014:

..... but if you look at the worldwide numbers it's still going strong. G:KOTM was a low point but GvK rebounded pretty strongly and interestingly enough, Skull Island was the top money earner. I guess that might explain why they've leaned so hard into Kong in New Empire? KOTM sidelined Kong and audiences dropped off, but GvK gave him a ton of screentime and the numbers bounced back up again.

Kong also had way better actors while KoTM mainly had tv actors iirc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The new Godzilla vs Kong is going to be hilarious because a bunch of random people will see it after their friends told them Godzilla Minus One was one of last year's best films. Many will have no idea the new movie is unrelated and will no longer trust their friend's taste in film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The first issue of Godzilla vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II was released today.

Could not resist getting the issue after seeing a cover with Godzilla fighting Megazord. The first issue was insane and I'm excited to see where it goes.