Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring
little know fact: if an intruder stays in a house for 7 consecutive days without being noticed they are now legally the owners of the house and may evict anyone else living there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

December Octopodes posted:

you sometimes run into counter intruders who come in one day later and hide under the intruders bed

yeah it's really just laziness on the current homeowners, it's as easy as calling out, "Marco!" and any intruder is legally obligated to return with, "polo!" but people just forget to do that daily

:shrug:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

actually the current occupants are evicted one by one, so the key is to have a big family or lots of housemates so you have time to recapture the command post

damnit... yeah you're right, just reread my state's laws on this. Also forgot about the legal placement of your home's flag and how much must be visible at all times (it's 5% so can you still hide it pretty good)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Splatmaster posted:

Everyone in this thread assumes the intruder is flagged for PvP, but what if they aren't?

that sucks when that happens. the other day i had a dude just walk in and start opening chests in my house and just taking stuff and there was nothing i could do :(

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Vynar posted:

contact a GM and get your stuff reimbursed. Opening claimed chests is supposed to flag them.

i'll try, unfortunately the guy walked outside and got hit by a truck and when his body disappeared the only thing there was a little bag with like 5 copper coins in it, everything else was just gone but apparently the truck got 10xp

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
after successfully breaking into their house you use their phone to call your house, in which the intruder is and they answer the phone

you: hello inturder, do you know where i am?

intruder, now sacred: no..? where?

you, ominously: I'm in your house...

• Locked thread