Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

PacMan Championship edition: dx+: Beast of a game. An intense rush as you eat the ghost chain, and the garish colors appeal to me i love it. checked my score im still like 150 in the world and thats with like 100 hacked scores so that makes me pretty much the lord of pacman. unfortunately due to how the game is timed and the tables laid out theres potential for a perfect game and then a score ceiling so i imagine strategizing for scores would be just finding the optimal route and trying to do it flawlessly. ghosts move around in what appears to be random ways but if you play the same every time the ghosts will go the same place. It's so fun that i dont really care it can be aced.

Luftrausers: really really fun and i like the simplicity of controls, but its way too rng dependant to get a good score, and not in a good way. I can go in depth but i doubt many would care. like 1900 in global scoreaboards. again the game is so fun that it doesnt really matter that truly good scores are random, and i can play for hours hoping to see an ace submarine.

Geometry wars: Oh baby. game owns holy poo poo game wons which leads me to

Geometry wares 3: 3d crazy stages O_O. Many bitch about the geoms in this but i think its fine in geowars 1 you could kite enemies and just shoot backwards, so now there's an incentive to risk dying by retreading ground where enemies could be chasing. Still i think the better strat in geowars 1 was to shoot forwards to clear a path by the time things became too hectic so idk. I like both a lot. (If you jhave this game please tell me i only ever seenlike 3 friends in the leaderboards and i beat them pretty consistently)

TRACKMANIA!!!: more like time trials but the idea of improving your own "score" is still there so im including it besides it's loving badass. Almost literally no rng. If you can do a track consistently you will, and variety comes from user created tracks rather than random disposition of game elements on the fly, each with their own leaderboards. Addictive as hell, and going at mnach speed through 5 loop de loops into a wallride never gets old.

Bejewewled 3: i know im gonna get a looot of poo poo from the pimpsquad here, but the mode where you have a timer and have to make chains REALLY fast to get bonus points is such a good time i dont give a poo poo!

I loving love CE DX, even though I play the exact same board every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After recently getting into cave shmups, it's really cool to me that the different difficulties change not only enemy placement and bullet patterns, but also change how the scoring works, so harder difficulties have higher point ceilings. That's clever and indicative of how much thought goes into every aspect of the design of the levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

ghostrunning absolutely killed dailies for me

stuff like that that makes the game unfun because of how you have to manipulate score is lame

• Locked thread