Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

baoh in them fightin herds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New trailer for Nen Impact. Revealing Uvogin and Machi from the Thief/terrorist group known as the Phantom Troupe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPyHSpZ1HY

Outside of that you can expect 2-3 reps from the Chimera Ants species. Meruem a.k.a "Cell with better writing" and Neferpitou for sure. Youpi might be base game or a future DLC as a big body character with plenty of shapeshifting whip arm attacks and big energy eruptions and blasts for his supers.

Knuckle and Shoot could paired together Android 17/18 style and their mentor, Morel Makernasey, is the GOAT using smoke clones and other constructs. I'd be insulted if he wasn't put in the base roster.

Greed Island has two characters who could make the roster. Genthru who is a mad bomber, and Razor who is a surfer looking dude with a killer volleyball serve.

I expect to see Hanzo who is the series resident Ninja. Biscuit Krueger who is a long-time mentor for the main characters and a master nen fighter.

And if they are going to add more Phantom Troupe characters; Nobunaga, Feitan, Shizuku, and Bonolenov in that order of likelihood later down the line.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the base fighterz roster was 24 characters, the base mvc3 roster was 36, for two 3v3 game comparisons. i think a base roster around 26ish seems reasonable.

Gon
Killiua
Leorio
Kurapika
Netero
Hisoka
Uvogin
Machi
^ all confirmed

Besides them, we can assume all the 'main antagonists' besides Hisoka-

Chrollo
Genthru
Meruem
Illumi

And most of the major ally characters -

Biscuit
Kite
Morel

Stick some secondary antagonists in -

Neferpitou
Nobunaga
Razor

And we're left with a 'core' roster of 18. These are most of the characters people'd expect to see, I think, so you have some slots to fill with more tertiary characters.

I'd guess -

Knuckle
Shoot
Ging
Leol
Feitan
Hanzo
Zeno
Pouf or Youpi

That feels like a decently broad selection of the series while having room for DLC. Whichever of Pouf or Youpi you didn't get, more of the phantom troupe, Silva, some of the other secondary ants like Cheetu, Bloster, or Welfin. Ikalgo feels major enough to get in but his smaller body might make it hard, maybe some sort of Meleoron + Ikalgo combo character?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GUILTYGEAR_PR/status/1783994468904960111?t=cIh-zEgCRERhEY05R7a2Gg&s=19

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Quick releases all of a sudden

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sharon looking dope

stratego
May 6, 2007

kum haehyun really slimmed down

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its jigglypuff seen from above

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
cant believe guilty gear is having a code geass collab

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Guys I think the next Guilty Gear character might be Dizzy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

EVO JAPAN STARTS https://www.twitch.tv/evo?sr=a

TEXAS SHOWDOWN DAY 1

https://www.twitch.tv/txshowdownlive

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

the base fighterz roster was 24 characters, the base mvc3 roster was 36, for two 3v3 game comparisons. i think a base roster around 26ish seems reasonable.

Gon
Killiua
Leorio
Kurapika
Netero
Hisoka
Uvogin
Machi
^ all confirmed

Besides them, we can assume all the 'main antagonists' besides Hisoka-

Chrollo
Genthru
Meruem
Illumi

And most of the major ally characters -

Biscuit
Kite
Morel

Stick some secondary antagonists in -

Neferpitou
Nobunaga
Razor

And we're left with a 'core' roster of 18. These are most of the characters people'd expect to see, I think, so you have some slots to fill with more tertiary characters.

I'd guess -

Knuckle
Shoot
Ging
Leol
Feitan
Hanzo
Zeno
Pouf or Youpi

That feels like a decently broad selection of the series while having room for DLC. Whichever of Pouf or Youpi you didn't get, more of the phantom troupe, Silva, some of the other secondary ants like Cheetu, Bloster, or Welfin. Ikalgo feels major enough to get in but his smaller body might make it hard, maybe some sort of Meleoron + Ikalgo combo character?

100% chance the entire phantom troupe makes it in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

i am unsure about how to make kortopi playable

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So I finally got Tekken 8 a couple of weeks ago and have putting some time in online, and uh, for all the complaints people had about SF6 being nothing but shotos online for the first few months, it is nothing compared to the sheer amount of Kings I keep running into on here. I ended up cutting my session short tonight because I ran into like seven different Kings in a row and was completely burned out on dealing with them.

And if it's not King then it's Eddy. Those two alone feel like the vast majority of matches that I get and I already hate fighting both of them

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

i am unsure about how to make kortopi playable

have him drop buildings on people

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Kild posted:

Paku's super makes you relive the (entirely avoidable) hit you took 10 seconds ago

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kild posted:

The one time I would be willing to acknowledge the Phantom Rouge movie would be if they made Omokage the avatar for Random select.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/WoHJosh/status/1783761413170737371

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://old.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyVersus/comments/1ce7gxr/some_notes_after_trying_out_beatrix_at_evo_japan/

quote:

The demo has a 10 minutes time limit and Practice Mode is disabled. So here are some info I get.

(The sticker is given after playing the demo)

Her main gimmick is Clock: When Clock buff is active, after ANY EX(Heavy) or Ultimate Skill HIT, the opponent becomes SLOW in a short period that let you extend your combo.

There are 2 ways to get Clock buff: 1. Use Unique button which is a command grab. Beatrix will lose HP when this command grab connect. Gives her 1 (ONE) time use of Clock. Unlike Vira's Unique command grab, Beatrix' has no start up animation. 2. When HP below 30%, Beatrix will get Permanent Clock buff. But you can't use multiple slow down effect in the same combo because the slow down effect has a cooldown itself.

And…… - Her normals have very limited range - She has a running Overhead attack - She has Invincible DP - Her BGM is her character song but with no lyrics/vocal

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
oh fuckin hell they actually gave her delta clock? let's fukken GOOOOO

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Are there any fun lady characters in Hunter X Hunter?

I'm not going to lie I love YYH but that was always my main gripe, that Botan didn't get too much fighting wise, yukina has a fun powerset but got kidnapped a lot, and Keiko, Kuabara's sister seemed like she had real potential to be cool as hell, but she never gets to do much.

Then we get Genkai, who is awesome, but she's kinda it for woman fighters. I know it's an early 90s Shonen but it always stuck out to me.

I will be fully honest though and admit I never finished YYH, I think I finished around Sensui's arc, not because I got bored but because my library didn't have any more to read :(

FighterZ also had this problem for me as well.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 27, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah that is something Hunter x Hunter is better about, still mostly like a guy centric thing but lot more ladies who get to do stuff. One of them has a funny vacuum with a mouth.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Who had a new updated version of Breakers Revenge for arcade on their Evo Japan bingo card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ0KpEspuho

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know its a pun on how Shikago sounds like Chicago but Ill be damned if Im not ready to Chicago some unsuspecting fool and make them eat at a hotdog restaurant across the street from a hotdog restaurant.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Beatrix sounds really cool

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, i knew in some way they were gonna bring back the clock mechanic from her og kit

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
There are fun women characters in HxH but they're mostly in supporting roles, as far as big center stage fights go it's still primarily about the men. That said, the lady characters I found most memorable were actually almost all noncombatants. Pakunoda, Melody, Komugi and Alluka were all cool in their own way.

I just read through the entire manga recently and I'd strongly recommend anyone to check it out. (Haven't seen either anime to compare.) Its stories have a lot moving parts that intersect in chaotic but well thought through ways, and often culminate in turns both unexpected and impactful. The cast is endearing, and the later arcs get pretty thematically ambitious. Boat arc owns too, even in its incomplete state.
Apropos, I like this video that talks about the strategic layer to one of the fights in a thread-appropriate way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfY5CvKHAI

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
It’s got Biscuit, Biscuit is cool. Hopefully they add her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

biscuit's very popular, she even made it into jump force (lol) as DLC, so she's 100% gonna be in the dedicated hxh game

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
God jump force was so poo poo. ugly and had absolutely no characters from gag manga like bobobo or arale

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also extremely funny that they had to delist it most likely because they put Dai from the Dragon Quest manga in who is probably partially owned by Square Enix

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I'm certainly not gonna sit here and act like I won't play a rebalanced Breakers Revenge.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I love how Rising keeps taking some of the weird fiddly character gimmicks from the gacha and putting them in. Delta clock is great

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Neferpitou is somewhere on the lady / non-binary spectrum, several of the women zodiac members are strong fighters, and yeah if Shizuku and Blinky don't make it in it's a crime

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dishwasher posted:

I'm certainly not gonna sit here and act like I won't play a rebalanced Breakers Revenge.

You wont, because it's exclusive to a gimmicky arcade platform

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Are there any fun lady characters in Hunter X Hunter?

I'm not going to lie I love YYH but that was always my main gripe, that Botan didn't get too much fighting wise, yukina has a fun powerset but got kidnapped a lot, and Keiko, Kuabara's sister seemed like she had real potential to be cool as hell, but she never gets to do much.

Then we get Genkai, who is awesome, but she's kinda it for woman fighters. I know it's an early 90s Shonen but it always stuck out to me.

I will be fully honest though and admit I never finished YYH, I think I finished around Sensui's arc, not because I got bored but because my library didn't have any more to read :(

FighterZ also had this problem for me as well.

Theres around a 70/30 split in HXH instead of the 95/5 in YYH

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2463800/Iron_Saga_VS/

Speaking of probably bad anime fighting games...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the one robot thats just mecha hyde under night

also it has dancouga in it so i guess im playing it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

i saw that earlier and i like that its got kinda a bit of an srw sprite aesthetic thing going on

https://twitter.com/GamersGoinBlind/status/1784189828868849684

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TfQQ1jde5g