Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

So why the heck was his name "Kushnood Butt" in Garou?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The three things every master requires....kush, nudes, and butt....

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/exaarcadia/status/1784424252906803534

oh poo poo its actually happening, and with a name change looks like

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 28, 2024

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
where is ex-a getting all the money to fund this poo poo, pretty much everybody I know seems to hate the platform

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Unlucky7 posted:

Never officially confirmed but some resources I've read say it's something like M. Bison and Mike Tyson, but with a martial artist named Ricco Rodriguez.

On a different note, until the last VA trailer I had no idea Tizoc was originally called Griffon Mask in Japan. Wonder why they ended up choosing Tizoc when they localized it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Feels like this Evo's been one for the sickos

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Unlucky7 posted:

Nobody knows for sure but the longtime speculation was that SNK USA thought his Japanese name was too close to the MMA fighter Ricco Rodriguez and, similar to how they took the name "Kim Kaphwan" from an actual dude, they borrowed "Khushnood Butt" from the name of the guy who distributed SNK's games in Pakistan (so "Butt" was probably supposed to be "Bhaat").

dragon enthusiast posted:

where is ex-a getting all the money to fund this poo poo, pretty much everybody I know seems to hate the platform

They charge thousands of dollars per game ($5k+ for limited editions) so they can get by with relatively low sales, and a lot of their buyers are private owners/collector types and not people genuinely looking to generate income with them.

They're also just putting window dressing on existing games, so they're relatively cheap to produce.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 28, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy gently caress

Garou coming back in this big way is like the hypest poo poo ever

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It’s funny watching footage from this and 2XKO back to back and seeing how much more readable in action and pleasant to watch Garou is

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Also Garou is like a proper-rear end name for a game while 2XKO seems like the name for some lovely Chinese knockoff of Subway Surfers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

2XKO might genuinely be the worst name for a product ive ever seen. even if you break it down, what does it mean? 2x the kos? because it's 2v2? but the original league game is 5v5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/exaarcadia/status/1784424252906803534

oh poo poo its actually happening, and with a name change looks like

Omg yes!

Chaos code lives!!

Mg hikaru with his godlike dandy step confirmed in trailer!!!

Be still my heart

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
2XKO is how you pronounce "we got sick of seeing Valorant at the bottom of alphabetized lists so gently caress you" in lojban.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Garou is also kind of a bad name tbh even if the City of Wolves subtitle is pretty good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought it was named after the French word for werewolf (which knew from the role-playing game about it) but apparently 餓狼 meaning "hungry wolf" in Japanese is actually just a coincidence?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

2XKO might genuinely be the worst name for a product ive ever seen. even if you break it down, what does it mean? 2x the kos? because it's 2v2? but the original league game is 5v5.

The name legitimately killed a lot of my interest in the game, it's so bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

morestuff posted:

Garou is also kind of a bad name tbh even if the City of Wolves subtitle is pretty good

Garou is a good name. Punchy, has a good sound, easy to remember.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Endorph posted:

if they have any sense they'll pronounce it double KO

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it's pronounced "twix co."
they're safe from trademark suits as long as they dont sell tie-in candy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jazerus posted:

if they have any sense they'll pronounce it double KO

Cannon says "Too Ecks Kay Oh" in the video unfortunately

I'll call it "Twix-Koh"

e:fb!!!! wtf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think 2xko is a good name but i'm pretty stunned seeing people still say that it's bad enough to have killed interest they had in the game or w/e. i got over the name in like 3 days, it just looks like any other proper noun now when i see it. maybe if i heard people saying it out loud more id be more annoyed but i guess i mostly just see it in text form and i actually think the logo looks nice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a name by itself isnt the end of the world but 2xko is so like, corporate and consulted'd to death that it feels like it reinforces peoples worst fears about the thing itself. its like if marvel vs capcom infinite was named Tie In Video Game to Promote the MCU featuring functions.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's the kind of title that feels primarily chosen for SEO and makes it seem like they're deeply embarrassed about the source material they're pulling from, neither of which inspires a great deal of confidence

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hilariously riot games has basically outright stated that they killed off half the league spinoff stuff like ruined king, because the league name seemed to hurt sales, not help it. so thats probably why the name is desperately trying to pretend it isnt a league fighting game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Garou means "picture gallery" ??????? What were they going for with this??

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

2xko could be for every 2v2 fighting game. It's not even what the League announcer calls out if you kill two enemies in a close period of time. They really don't want it to sound like League.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

a name by itself isnt the end of the world but 2xko is so like, corporate and consulted'd to death that it feels like it reinforces peoples worst fears about the thing itself. its like if marvel vs capcom infinite was named Tie In Video Game to Promote the MCU featuring functions.

Imagine it being called universe or something so people would have to shorten it to MvCU.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
they should have named it pentakill and made it 5v5

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

Makes sense given LoL is the definition of all that, alongside some very bland designs (purposefully so you have to buy the skins, something I’m sure they will try to do for this game as well).

City of the Wolves really feels like the game SNK always wanted to build up to making, from all the way back when they initially returned to the scene with KOF14–a game that was really ugly and it was heartbreaking looking at the official art book seeing how great a lot of designs were, but they didn’t translate well to the very flat character models. COTW looks like the art they draw for those games now.

Since it’s a Fatal Fury game I’m still expecting the return of Duck King. Expecting Gato and Blue Mary to show up again, maybe Yamazaki with the knife again. Gotta be getting one or both of the Kaphwan Kids.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Makes sense given LoL is the definition of all that, alongside some very bland designs (purposefully so you have to buy the skins, something I’m sure they will try to do for this game as well).

City of the Wolves really feels like the game SNK always wanted to build up to making, from all the way back when they initially returned to the scene with KOF14–a game that was really ugly and it was heartbreaking looking at the official art book seeing how great a lot of designs were, but they didn’t translate well to the very flat character models. COTW looks like the art they draw for those games now.

Since it’s a Fatal Fury game I’m still expecting the return of Duck King. Expecting Gato and Blue Mary to show up again, maybe Yamazaki with the knife again. Gotta be getting one or both of the Kaphwan Kids.

Mai with two kids and a reduction as the internet implodes upon itself.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mai is like the least likely fighting game woman to want smaller boobs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

It's 2v2 because the League player base can't exist without someone else to blame for their losses

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

C. Everett Koop posted:

Begun, the MILF wars have

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endorph posted:

hilariously riot games has basically outright stated that they killed off half the league spinoff stuff like ruined king, because the league name seemed to hurt sales, not help it. so thats probably why the name is desperately trying to pretend it isnt a league fighting game.

Shame. I enjoy everything about League but League.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/BATTLE_ATHLETE/status/1784423758209450214?t=zWA1tTGSp-S5scq5A8Hwug&s=19

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Why do you want to take away something women love (mais tits)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's clearly just a setup to gently caress with Andy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

God if they let a potential Garou 2 Blue Mary be a cool middle-aged woman she could stand to have one of the greatest fighting game designs of all time.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Reiley posted:

God if they let a potential Garou 2 Blue Mary be a cool middle-aged woman she could stand to have one of the greatest fighting game designs of all time.

Sorry women past 30 can't be credible martialist artists *continues to assiduously ignore Michelle Yeoh and Ming-Na Wen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think there are fighting games with women above the age of 30