Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I pressed buttons in UNIEL training mode last night and it felt good because I fuckin love anime and all of its super bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hadooooken posted:

I wish people kept playing UNIEL but then again the netcode is just boring BB netcode so i still wouldn't be playing anyone

I wish Aquapazza had playable netcode because I'd probably play that game forever even with Buhbuhj bullying me with Sasara all the time if it just felt even sorta ok to play online.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

There's lots of love for Homo-Genius already so here's some love for its bastard nephew, Queering Aids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4v9-t7kklE

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dias posted:

It also has whatever the gently caress that GRD system is, which is arcane even for a game related to Melty Blood.

GRD really isn't that hard to understand at a basic level. It's a ticking countdown that rewards the player who's got the momentum of the match in their favor when the circle fills up by giving them a damage buff and access to an RC. It does other things and is influenced in other ways, but that's the quick and dirty explanation behind it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

That KoF14 hype vid makes the game look fun and fast. I hope the game is actually fun and fast.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

A.o.D. posted:

Doesn't WNF run SFV on PC? I wish that I could say that I knew for certain, but that poo poo runs way past my bedtime.

Yes, they're sponsored by Dell Alienware.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

She's one of the side characters in the same organization as Linne I think? Gonna be cool using her if we ever actually get uniel[st] I guess.

Edit: Orie's organization, not Linne's.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 6, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mintergalactic posted:

Looks like she's going to be coming with an arcade update along with a balance patch in summer

Meanwhile, there's still apparently no word on uniel[st] coming to consoles in any fashion. Profound Sadness.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Horrible Taste posted:

French-Bread announced at the Struggle Overture tournament in March that they've been working on a console version since uniel[st]'s arcade release. Also part of the reason it's taking so long is because they're giving it a BlazBlue-style story mode.

Oh nice, I missed that news. That also reminds me that I never got around to watching any of Struggle Overture.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It's unsurprising that NRS is abandoning PC considering they don't seem capable of doing the port themselves and they also don't seem capable of finding and hiring competent companies to outsource the port to.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Baal posted:

The worst champ has done is play to the heel role others attached to him.

I think he also ripped off and/or didn't pay people who helped him with FGTV related poo poo, actually.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I liked what little was there in that Injustice 2 video, but I also liked Injustice. I just hope the loot thing is ignorable.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

bhsman posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Pomp posted:

i would rather deal with focus attack and one frame link BnBs than any of sfvs problems.

Doubling down on this post.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Real hurthling! posted:

its cool that the charcters attack each other on the select screen.

its not cool that you can wiff a super and not lose the meter apparently

That's almost certainly just a feature of the early build so journalists and people who suck poo poo at fighters will eventually land supers after whiffing several times and get to go OOH and AHH.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Lemon-Lime posted:

I like the UNIEL soundtrack, though. :(

Also, a useful reference for people picking up UNIEL, although I can't say whether it's 100% accurate or not: http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/System

A couple other good resources:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/298-under-night-in-birth/

Also I can probably still answer some questions about a few characters, like Waldstein, Byakuya, and Yuzuriha, although Byakuya in particular had a ton of work put into him even after I stopped playing the game as much.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Real hurthling! posted:

is there a good list of kof xiv demo bnb's yet? i never played kof real for reals

A couple places you can look for some info:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=116.0
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIV

You can also look on Youtube, obviously, although you have to filter out the flashy combo video stuff for things that are more all-purpose.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 25, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mintergalactic posted:

No netplay is the ultimate form of poverty

Reminder that PS3 and PS4 Blade Arcus versions were games released in TYOOL 2015 with no netplay. They added netplay specially for the Steam release.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

In Training posted:

Heaven or Hell. Duel 1. Let's rock!

DECIDE THE DESTINY

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Gutcruncher posted:

I bought Blade Arcus today. Can't wait to get home and play that poo poo!

Why in the world would you do this to yourself???

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Gutcruncher posted:

I'm the kind of retard that buys all the Steam 2d fighters and loving is grateful for the chance!

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol nevermind I hosed up

I hope you at least figured that out before you played for 2+ hours and can no longer get a Steam refund.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

Fuudo is a sweet boy and I hope he is able to achieve his dreams unperturbed by the negative influence of good looking women

This post reminded me of Seth Killian's extreme infatuation with Fuudo's "sweet face" during Evo Top 8.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It was a post talking about supers being both triggers in MK9 instead of being finger puzzles:

quote:

I really like that the "super combos" of this game are just pulling both trigger buttons. It makes the challenge knowing when to use it, instead of knowing silly finger puzzles.

Edit: Specifically, this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3373444&pagenumber=248&perpage=40#post391136826

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

NA PSN seems to be having a flash sale until 8AM PT on the 26th. PS4 Revelator is $24, BBCPE is up there for whatever reason (but you might as well get CentralFiction when it drops in November if you like BB), and Nitroplus Blasterz is $12.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Saoshyant posted:

When people figure anime poverty hasn't dug deep enough, we get newer games localized!

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/782419637875204096

Golden Fantasia AKA OMK AKA a fighting game based on the Umineko VN. Because.

anime: http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/02/mangagamer-announces-their-localization-of-golden-fantasia-cross-for-steam/

Anime: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/29/blazblue-central-fiction-see-north-american-release-november-1/

ANIMEEEEEE: http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/01/nitroplus-blasterz-heroines-infinite-duel-blasts-to-pc-this-winter/

I was gonna do this post in a different order but you already posted about the Umineko fighter.

Edit: More anime (BBCF): http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/03/north-americans-who-pre-order-blazblue-central-fiction-will-get-a-free-demo-on-october-11th/

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 4, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I try not to judge fighters based solely on visuals but everything in KI is extremely visually offputting to me. Many of the environments I've seen end up looking like drab brown or gray blobs, especially when the hitsparks start making GBS threads out all over the screen, and the cast that I've seen range from looking pretty okay to looking almost like Clayfighter style but in hi-def and it all just combines to look murky and awful to me. Even with all that said, I would still probably give it a shot if it weren't for the combo breaker system being extremely uninteresting to me.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

anime was right posted:

id better retweet this after 10 more people say it so it finally gets picked up on kotaku

The Man, the Myth, the Legend: Leaknaki

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Oh boy Akuma zzzz

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

A lot of the negative stuff has already been said, and some of it I agree with, although I don't hate the idea of the game being 2v2 even though Capcom's last 2v2 effort bombed pretty terribly. I am sad to see assists go, though.

Anyway, a few "silver lining" things:

- The gameplay or at least the normals seen in the trailer seem to have good speed/pace to them, so cross your fingers it remains that way and the game doesn't end up feeling like molasses like SF5 can at times. Stages also seem like they may be smaller than SFxT, which was one of that game's fundamental failings.

- X has an airdash and the Marvel pair seem to have some form of flight, so air movement is still there. X's airdash is kinda slow looking, though, and we don't get a sense of the screen going super high like in MvC2 or 3, but it might not really need to, either.

-Ryu got that Searchlight Hadouken back. Shoot that laser into space.

- Wallbounces are present, but no confirmation of ground bounce or otg that I saw. The hope here is that there are enough battle mechanic features to make combos/resets varied and interesting while maybe not being entirely breakable, at least day 1. Edit: Captain Marvel's divekick thing might ground bounce, actually.

Really, the most troubling thing at this point is that this game is supposedly less than a year out and that copypasted article and other reports suggest they have almost nothing concretely nailed down about the roster, controls, or battle system. That in itself brings back some bad memories of SFxT looking cool and fun in the first couple trailers and then getting gems, Pandora, throw nerfs, etc. all thrown on top to smother the good stuff in a pile of poo poo.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 4, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

JordanKai posted:

Have they mentioned what time this is going to be at?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/11/28/capcom-cup-2016-will-be-broadcast-on-espn2-on-december-4th/

quote:

In a recent episode of ESPN SportsCenter, an announcement was made during the shows closing giving details of the broadcast. Capcom Cup will be broadcast on ESPN2 on Sunday, at 8:30 PM Eastern time (5:30 PM Pacific).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I wanna win with Firebrand, but I don't want Firebrand to just be an assist, I want him out so I can play him and wreck people's poo poo

In this specific case you look up Apologyman and Zak Bennett match videos and learn from them.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

There is an airdasher thread but since people are talking Nitroplus here here is a very helpful resource: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s454/sh/1954d2a9-3218-4218-9e16-44ab7fd956be/c2b3f13e4d26ac55cae576f25c2df1b1

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I don't know if all of these videos are relevant or possible anymore, but when Nitroplus first dropped on PS3 I hunted around for whatever combo videos and tutorials I could find for various characters with somewhat mixed success, so here is that list:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSX83mAZE66trjn9h40JRb0Sk2II4kLim

Also here's horibuna's NPBZ page: http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/NPBZ/index.html

Edit: Two more resources:

English wiki, very limited in terms of coverage: http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Nitroplus_Blasterz:_Heroines_Infinite_Duel
Japanese wiki: http://npblasterz-wiki.net/nbfan/

Edit 2: Fixed the playlist link, I typoed it bad while getting around the forum's auto youtube embed poo poo.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 9, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Zand posted:

seconding not to spend money on a stick unless you go all out. but theres supposedly a decent pad to be found with the hori fighting commander but someone was saying that the quality on the newer ones has not been so hot. can anyone confirm/deny?

I like my Hori Fighting Commander although I occasionally struggle with diagonal inputs on its dpad being read as cardinal instead. I have whichever model it is where they ditched the ability to rotate the dpad that no one wanted.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Countblanc posted:

bad news gamers: i asked my friend in london if they say "mike zed" and he said no.

I don't want to live in this world anymore

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

punk rebel ecks posted:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is the best fps this generation.

I know you were just trying to rile up dudes with this, but on a more real note, Kid Icarus Uprising is the best shooty game of all time.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for a fighting game that doesn't revolve around long combo's, but instead reading and playing around your character's strength. No infinite combo's is a huge + for me, and it has to be for PC. My personal Favorite that's not on PC is Smash 4 which doesn't have dumb technical glitch abuse, requires very good reads and play, and most of the combo's are like 3 or 4 hits long at most, while being super risky to pull of, allowing most of the game to take place in the neutral zone.

My favorite kind of fighter, is Rosalina and Luma in Smash, and Ice Climbers in Melee. I like puppet master / zoning / dual control characters where I use weird movement and hitboxes to confuse the opponent, so that's a 2nd wish list.

Do you guys know any games like that?

Battle Fantasia or Blade Arcus.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

He's probably referencing how some characters have some high RISC and high resource combos that kill Chipp from full life.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

That's not what an infinite is though.

True but Zand's initial question also contained the caveat of "100-0 in a single combo" in parentheses. They're two different things but the dumb impractical combos against Chipp fit that second criteria.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

skit herre posted:

so what do you think of this as a affordable non-stick solution for pc games?

I have this and really like it, but I occasionally have issues with diagonals registering oddly. I could just have lazy sloppy thumbs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah Boruto is Naruto's son.