Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

op, add kof to the upcoming games list

also idk if its worth mentioning in the stick section but the chun li sfv te2 does not have the bad plexi issue like other variants of that stick. i have one and its the solid thick plexi on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm not a huge fan of how the default ggxrd buttons lay out the 3 extra buttons on an 8 button stick
I usually move RC to R2 to get it closer to where my hand usually hangs out and take taunt off a binding so i don't accidently hit it but what should i put on my L1/L2? a burst macro? what do you guys do with the extra buttons?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sounds good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dragon enthusiast posted:

If you preorder Revelator right now (if you do it from the EU store you won't be charged until a bit before release) you get access to a demo which is essentially the offline arcade version of the game.

Yeah its really polished too. All chars but 1 have full story modes, the new stick tracker in training is a godsent for figuring out why you are blowing moves, and the new stages and camera angles they added have it looking better than -sign- ever did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Technically those are arcade story modes, and there will be a cinematic animated story mode with no gameplay on release because everyone knows you buy these games for the deep lore.

4 hours of barely animated slow panning anime conversations are my jam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When jacko eats a rack of bbq ribs in the rev story it will be totally worth it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

I shouldn't buy a Madcatz Alpha for $140 should I? I mean the reviews aren't that great but I like how small it is but still, it's generally agreed that it's a bad purchase right?

isn't it supposed to sell for half as much? also small sticks move around too much while you play

edit: yeah the msrp is 80 so go kick whoever's rear end is trying to rip you off (unless you're talking like canadian dollars or other forms of home heating fuel)

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 19, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

I keep hearing brawlsticks brought up because I guess they were really good for the cost, but I just find it really funny in my head that a niche fightstick made in a limited run for a loving wrestling game in 2011 for god knows what reason turned out to be a good enough stick that people are still recommending it. Is there anyone who buys the latest WWE game and goes, ooooh yeahhh, need a fight stick for this one? How did that happen?

I think the WWE art on it is only sliiiiightly less embarassing than an anime schoolgirl fightstick, too.

what's up only other person that doesn't care about wwe? i was getting lonely

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i found a diagram of a brooks pcb which might help

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Japan only or worldwide?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i am excited for kof

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

inthesto posted:

The best part of MUGEN is its community and how people on youtube brag that they made a character that can beat Violent Ken in AI vs AI battles

The best best part is the Sean who beat Violent Ken because the guy who made him accidentally flagged his parry as a move that can be canceled into, so you see the startup frames for a really lovely Sean move and then he immediately parries and then begins to do another move and parries again and it repeats like six times in a row

Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dangerdoom volvo posted:

we await the arrival of our fighting game messiah who will usher in a new golden age

harada

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone know how to set up party chat on ps4 while using a stick w/o a headphone jack? can i log in the ds4 simultaneously and run the chat off that or is it not possible?

Dracula Factory posted:

It would never happen but Marvel vs. DC would be sweet. Really Marvel vs. Seinfeld would be good too, it's hard to find a bad combo.

it would be a nrs fighter like injustice though and ehh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

SNK wants to keep costs down so quality models and textures are a big no no.

works for KI

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3s is amazing looking. mvc2 has a nice look too. since then nothing really has grabbed my attention from capcom in terms of art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Probably went through the Pc versions files or has an uncle at arcsys

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yardbomb posted:

Tekken 7's looking real nice, but it'd look even nicer on my TV and in my PS4.

Some day.

Im excited

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Then you're not looking at KI.

KI's biggest problem is that it's the most visually noisy fighter I've seen in forever where between single fire balls and stage effects the screen can become 60% obscured by big ugly particle effects.

Not to mention the game blasts sound clips constantly to really up the sensory overload. It's like they're trying to hide their game.

xbox one and uwp app store are most certainly where you put things you are trying to hide.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they had nothing to lose other than a bad quarterly report from just doing 4 more months of beta. real unforced error.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spuckuk posted:

Guilty gear has absolutely tiny throw range*

*throws are like 0 frames though and untechable in vanilla Xrd

Also nearly every character has a fast running forward dash to throw out of.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that power stone clone game last fight is out on pc and has a gb quicklook. seems like a pretty decent arena fighter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hobojim posted:

If anybody wants to beat me up in Last Blade 2 I'm trying to learn it, just put time into it for the first time yesterday. I'm on Fightcade right now.

i'm the dummy waiting for the ps4 release tuesday to pay more money and have fewer opponents

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_6HY0wdQw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new KoF has 3v3 team battles for six players. gonna be a lotta hate mail sent via psn. good times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is cabbagepots back? are we talking about gigamaidens again?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the last blade 2 theme hosed up and put the boring picture on the main screen and the cool one up above on the options row.

tiny little angry dude hugging a dead person in an ocean of offwhite/beige is not getting me pumped

edit: the mp connection i got with a couple people was good. now to figure out wtf i'm doing

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 24, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

when is revalator out, my new "arcade cabinet" is gonna be delivered next week and i need more games for it

june 8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I use macros for burst and yrc. I am lame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you have not played xrd before its worth it on sale just to play xrd even if you dont play online much because their challenges and missions are some of the best around and im sure you can get a goon who bought it on pc to play with you every so often.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm tempted but on the other hand i don't want to give Arcsys the idea that PC gamers will keep buying everything that comes out 6 months late with no rollback

Xrd was almost 2 years late

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

It was only a year after consoles, wasn't it? Arcade doesn't count for me, those are mythical things that don't exist.

In that case yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

Uh the demo probably? Iunno if they'd scrap all its assets and make you redownload it, I hope they just patch it.

I haven't seen any games that do it that way on ps4.
My library is full of defunct betas and demos. Sony claims to have a hide function coming for these licenses. I imagine they do it that way because they dont want to set up a system that removes/replaces software licenses from an account automatically for hundreds of thousands of people at once.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

I've read about double tapping but outside of the how I don't understand the why, what is the benefit of pressing a button twice instead of just once? Does it have something to do with manipulating the input buffer? Hello thanks for reading my post.

you have to hit a button in a particular window to get what you want. do you hope you nail the correct timing on one press or would you like to be getting that input in over 2 frames?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I practice the art of quadruple tapping to make sure I have all my bases covered

Yeah when im on tilt i revert to spamming the button i want until i see that i got it and then im spamming the next one. If i dont know what button to push i push several and hope for the best
Gotta work on keeping my cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

can you remap it at the system level to inputs that dont do anything like the triggers (with macros disabled) ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

Not AFAIK, because it's a vita game.

Vita allows remapping its in the settings somewhere. I dont remember how many things they let you change though. They definitely dont let you remap the touch screen for some reason

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

Didn't they add input lag on purpose to this LB2 release so online and offline would be about the same? That's what I heard.

Its just a rom of the neogeo game. Also it plays amazingly smooth even cross country.

The story you tell is the rumor about street fighter 5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nice :cool: