Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been using my hori RAP4 for probably a year and a half at this point and I think I'm gonna swap out the stick for something that's a little less loose. Idk if it's from use or being too hard on the stick but now when I let go of it to snap back to neutral it will usually hit the opposite input, which is no good! I cracked open the case and tightened the spring screw and that seems to have helped but I'm still gonna swap it. Any recommendations on good parts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

it fits sanwa and seimetsu sticks and those are your best bet, they both have different feels to them though. i don't know which one is closer to the hayabusa stick that the rap4 uses but i think that its trying to be basically the standard sanwa jlf https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick/

the seimetsu ls-32 is pretty good for anime games if you play those

this sounds like the old anime con tournaments where only stock controllers/no button binds were allowed and they did wierd stuff like single elimination. fg players used to go to cons just to win anime tournies for free but then too many people started doing that...

Thanks! I do primarily play anime games, any reason why you recommend the seimetsu for that? Seems like the major difference is that the seimetsu is stiffer, which I might prefer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

attackmole posted:

While we're on the topic of modding the RAP4, what's the deal with joystick mounting plates? I can order the LS-32 with both a flat plate or an SS mounting plate but I haven't found any easy answers in a quick google about what you'd want for modding a RAP4. Or do you just use the mounting plate already in the RAP and take it off the stick? I have no idea how any of this stuff works I just feel like doing some modding as a project. All I've found is that the older Hori RAP's you should get the SS plate but haven't found anything explicitly talking about the RAP4.

Curious about this as well, but I think I'm just gonna crack open the stick and see what the mounting looks like.

E: The mounting plate is fit so a flat mount or an S-mount will slot in. So you shouldn't need a converter. If you want to adjust the length of the joystick you can use washers on the screws. I just ordered a LS-32!

In Training fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 3, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like 4mm of stick height is all I can tell, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I would never gently caress a guy who's into blazblues plot

Same here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SaltyBet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This seimetsu stick is loving tight and exactly what I wanted. Thank you for the rec Zand.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how about Marvel vs SNK

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They said SF5 was more Capcom than Dimps this time around but both companies have lost key personnel to SNK recently, including a guy called Hidetoshi Ishizawa who was a lead on most of the big fighting games they've released since the Alpha days (SF4 excepted).

Eighting (or Raizing) is the company that made Bloody Roar back in the day, as well as the early Naruto fighting games and the peoples' favourite Castlevania Judgement. Their real specialty was bullet hell arcade games like Battle Garegga.

No big studio makes anything 100% in-house anymore, it's too expensive and takes too long.

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arzachel posted:

XIV would be fine if the animations were less janky.

I think they look fine and readable?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're ugly and readable.

Yeah, it's a shame they'll probably never do sprites again because HD sprites are a nightmare to make or whatever, but I'm glad the game exists at all and looks like fast fun. And shockingly it's going to come out feature complete, imagine tht

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well the PS2 generation was best gen ever, so full steam ahead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So that Castlevania Judgment game, does it have a story mode or are those clips from an arcade mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

That's the story mode

Awesome, I just bought a copy, thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

It's a really lovely fighting game, but I have playing it because of how bad it is. Idk why this one in particular sets off my enjoyment of it so much over other really bad FGs, but there's something about it that just makes it easy to gently caress around and do poo poo and that's fun to me.

I've seen video of the fighting and it looks kinda stupid but I have been on an intense Castlevania kick recently and wouldn't mind loving around in a dumbass story mode to round out my experience. And it was like 3 dollars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's calling JoJo's a bad fighting game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if legendary motherfucker Ogawa was pulling his punches against a street fighter player lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought 3rd strike was cool until I realiEd that if someone actually knows how to play the game and when to parry it would probably become the most boring game in the world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Xrd and Garou.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Skull Grills, Persona 4 Ultimax, 3S

Beowulf and Kanji are the grapplers I always wanted.

P4A was my gateway drug to fighting games, and I hope P5A exists at some point as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

I mean, if SFV had an arcade mode and whatever mediocre story mode we'll get, the backlash against the game would've been SO much smaller. Instead: http://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-will-prioritize-completeness-in-future-releases/

It's so weird to see this from the company that also makes Monster Hunter, one of the most insanely dense series of releases in gaming and they churn out one every year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

to be fair 95% of melty blood takes place in the air

Does it have air grabs? Because air grabs are the coolest move in all of FGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

i need to play more tekken probably

I wanna try 7 whenever it winds up on consoles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't particularly like either marvel 3 or sf5 if it helps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Max combos should do like 80% of a health bar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Last Blade 2 on the PS4 version and it's rad. The game is great but a lot of the menus and additions around the rerelease are pretty lackluster and bare bones. The netcode is solid when you can match against someone with good ping though and I've been having fun getting my rear end handed to me by people who actually played this game sometime in the last two decades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In my limited experience it seems like everybody has a meter less combo that does 35 to 50% which is cool. Everything is dangerous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell even some (slow, risky) normals can do like 25%+ damage if you're in Power mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SCII is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fond memories of pissing all my friends off by yoshimitsu pogoing around the ring and winning with the seppuku move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

inthesto posted:

LB2 is just a high damage game across the board, to the point where combo damage has to be hardcapped at something like 75%

Does the PS4 release support PS3 sticks? I assume the answer is no, but I can always hope.

I can check when I get home today and report back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm going to be honest. Even though I'm going to actually be in Combo Breaker, I don't really even want to stop by and play anothergod's game due to how dismissive he is. Not only is his attitude a key reason to as of why his game isn't reaching its potential, but it's also really putting others off in wanting to help him.

You should go there and say memes and shoot a video of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I've no idea what the hell they will fill that many pages of an art book and three audio CDs with, but here it is.

Purestrain win, most likely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No DMC gif??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

inthesto posted:

LB2 is just a high damage game across the board, to the point where combo damage has to be hardcapped at something like 75%

Does the PS4 release support PS3 sticks? I assume the answer is no, but I can always hope.

Tried my PS4 stick in PS3 compatibility and dug my old PS3 stick out of the closet, neither worked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

American friends, Best Buy has the KOF14 LE for $60 instead of $80, possibly a temporary mistake, possibly a big discount to compete with Amazon's 20% discount on preorders? Who knows.

I just bought this, holy cow. Thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Garou and CvS 2 are cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use the regular I think and then bind whatever button is my 6th button (L1 or R1 I can't remember) to the YRC input.

Oh and unbind taunt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait a minute I use a modified Type D, probably because the first FG I ever learned was P4A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I practice the art of quadruple tapping to make sure I have all my bases covered