Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Animation's really nice on Rotten Core, but the blatantly ripped-off assets are a huge turnoff. If you don't have your own sound design yet, it's not your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I don't really give 3/16 of a poo poo if the models look janky, if a game plays nice and is mechanically solid I'll play it. Especially after putting faith in SFV and getting burned as bad as I did.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zand posted:

this game should have just been put into the trash and remade. maybe selling less than sfxt will convince them to try making a good game instead of a baby game next time

Most likely it means they will make no games, other than monster hunter.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

anothergod posted:

Harsh crowd! I'm going to hide in my computer hole until Combo Breaker now! Laaaters.

I was on the fence before, but I'm annoyed after reading this. You're too thin-skinned to be showing this game to people if this is your reaction to some extremely constructive criticism.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Tekken fans, how do you feel about Pokken pulling twice the number of players compared to T7?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I love the idea of evo classic, I would travel to that motherfucker

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Endorph posted:

what games would be at evo classic. sf2, 3s, melee, mvc2?

which of the old KoFs do people like the most.

Is Melty Blood a classic.

ST, 3s, MvC2, CvS2, Melee and Tekken Ball

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Zand is my favorite bad grandpa

e: my favorite naughty grandpa, that's better

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Reiley posted:

What are the different situations you would use Ryu's multihit red fireball over the regular blue one, is it just a mixup thing or does it fulfill a specific purpose? I've decided to start learning Ryu myself and I'm not 100% sure when to use the red one over the blue.

When fireball zoning it's always a good idea to mix up the speeds and strengths of your projectiles. Red fireball helps you stagger your projectiles by, like someone said, taking a little longer to come out.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

dhamster posted:

Yeah, I was having a hard time finding a universal pattern besides the hitboxes being lower and a more moves needing to be blocked low. Sometimes a crouching move has a specialized purpose like an anti-air or a longer poke, but there is a lot of variation. ST Ryu's jab and strong have the same frame data standing and crouching. XRD Sol's crouching moves tend to have more frame advantage. For SFV Ryu it varies from move to move.

There are no generalizations you can make about Crouching Moves In General that wouldn't have a laundry list of exceptions. You do them while crouching. That's all.

e: on average, the hitboxes that extend when you use crouching moves are lower, relative to the ground, than those with standing moves. Even then, Slayer's stomp and Boxer and Guile cr.hp are all crouching moves that extend as high or higher than the character would be standing.

Sade fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 6, 2016

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Serenade posted:

I swear to god his v-trigger better not be a "shin" install.

The character on his back says "shintin" rather than the usual "ten." That is Shin Akuma.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Wanderer posted:

For whatever it's worth, Disney aggressively shut their in-house games development down earlier this year, which is part of why people thought an MVC4 might happen at all. They're apparently going 100% third-party contractors for the foreseeable future.

They do have an absolute prohibition on featuring X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in new games, however, so unless there's a lot of aggressive behind-the-scenes dealing, an MVC4 wouldn't have Wolverine, Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix, or Magneto.

It'd probably have a bunch of loving Inhumans, though.

These are all the marvel characters I like. Maybe they could port their gameplay concepts to different characters?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah the obvious followup question is "who's the first black FG character that isn't an explicit reference to a real person"

Birdie, maybe...?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Is nitroplus actually a good game or is it just trendy ATM because it's new?

I watched a video with all the ultimate attacks and there's one where the chick literally just poses almost naked for some photos, and that's the attack.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
What are the playerbases like on nitro+ PC vs. console? I'm assuming for anime bullshit PC is the way to go.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Clean that loving cartridge dude, show some respect

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zand posted:

ssf2 speeds apparently.. lol capcom

loving ugggh what???

I'm not too surprised, I guess. Even though ST is the competitive standard, USFII is pretty clearly not meant to be a real competitive entry in the series. Capcom probably knows they will never make ST heads (like me) happy so they're going for a nostalgia play by appealing to a demo whose best SF memories are of SSF2 on the super nes.

loving god dammit I'm still mad though

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah but you have to play with joycons which look even less practical than sideways wiimotes when it comes to fighting games.

Joycons have a fairly traditional number of buttons for a controller, actually - same as the SNES controller, with 4 face and 2 shoulder buttons plus an analog stick.

Also "have to" is kind of a moot point bc Hori is making Switch arcade sticks.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Trykt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcoMiUtDNeE&t=58s

Everybody please look at how sick and dope Yoshimitsu combos are, thank you.

Then the round after this timestamp Paul does 45% for pressing 3 buttons.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Play ST, it's simultaneously the most fundamentals-focused fighting game and the least fundamentals-focused fighting game. It's a game with very few core system mechanics, but every character is rich with depth and layers of play to discover. Every character is extremely mean and sadistic, and the game is full of Bull poo poo: throw loops, true 50-50s, unseeable crossups, stored supers, dirty frame traps, projectile lockdowns. Almost every dirty trick you can think of in a modern fighting game has its roots in at least one Super Turbo character. But for being so full of Bull poo poo and stuff that makes people mad in modern games, ST is also the fairest game - you don't get subjected to Bull poo poo if you don't put yourself in a lovely position in the first place. Every stray hit does 30%, and most rounds are over in under 20 seconds. Characters have real options, real threatening pokes with walk speeds that let you literally just walk up and do high-damage, one-button throws on people - if you correctly condition them first. Your own decision-making and execution are all that separates you from your own painful death. This game will expose all your bad habits to the light, train your execution, and generally make you a better, smarter, morally superior player in all your other games.

also it's FREE on fightcade, play ST m'lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBWwWbuEOLY

e: Also, ST is a great litmus test for fighting game players in general - the reasons they don't play ST will tell you a lot about what, outside of actual good mechanics and gamefeel, that person values in fighting games.

Sade fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 28, 2017

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

TheManSeries posted:

Its pronounced Kusoge or Vaporware.

Most vaporware FGs are kusoge, but not all kusoge (literally "poo poo game") are vaporware.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Alpha 3 is at least notable for being the most kusoge of any mainline SF game.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
VideoGames, you are too pure for this thread, and for this world.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Easy Hyper Combo!

does look like 6-button though, these characters have more normals than marvel 3 for sure

Also looks like skullgirls-style OTGs, I saw hulk OTG with a cr.lk more than once

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
"There were learnings," Evans says.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 mods you say?! Holy crap I had no idea this was a thing. Thank Jesus for PC releases (PC maser race 4ever). I hope the crack this engine wide open and turn it into 3D Mugen :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDA68kD17wk

My favorite part of Phoenix Wright was when Maya pulled out her .45 and shot Phoenix in the loving head.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
ST announcer is superior bc of "Barlog"

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Keegers posted:

Team I haven't watched dbz: Goku, pink alien, Goku's friend.

I really need to watch the series.

Just watch DBZ Kai and the two newest movies (Battle of Gods and Resurrection F). The original version is a huge, exhausting undertaking if you don't have any nostalgia for it.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Babe Magnet posted:

Goku/Bardock/Goku Black

e: Goku/Bardock/Ginyu in Goku Body

Ginyu should be the "random" button

Ginyu is the random button, but no matter who you get it's Ginyu's voice.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Are we gonna get anymore DBFZ gameplay?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Rutibex posted:

I think they only have the 6 characters at the moment, and we've seen most of what they can do already.

I've seen everything the 20 characters in ST can do years ago and I still want to see more of that

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Dragon Ball Fighter Z: Waiting for Goku

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Give Goku your energy so he can genki dama (spirit bomb for stupid americans) capcom out of existence

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

DLC Inc posted:

im amazed melee has that many regs. kind of sad how desperately people want to hang on to that poo poo and EVO just kowtows to them. But good for Nintendo hearing the desperate pleas of that John the Craptist motherfucker saying "this is a lifestyle" and responding nah bro we good with Splatoon, don't touch us with that locust covered hand

Same

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

impulse 7 effect posted:

A new frontier where pokken players champion their professionals against the dirge of street fighters who are really marvel players. Children and manchildren alike will lament and cry out as a million losses rack up and house rules and honor are defended.

edit: uh oh, here comes the anime players

edit2: so dbz online will last maybe 3 months, if we're lucky. But such a bounty to be had.

Good games have communities long after the general public loses interest. You might have to matchmake outside of the game, but there will be people playing DBFZ

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

mango sentinel posted:

Also it's Flash Thompson in there now and not Eddie Brock

It's brock again now, gavok cleared this up last page

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Kurtofan posted:

super sayan breasts expand??

It's the most obvious thing in the world,if you think about it. I can't believe there hasn't been a saiyan girl that became a big titty super saiyan before.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
That streamable link is down now, what was it?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

OSad posted:

One thing that sucks about living in such a restricted region player-wise: you meet the same regulars almost every night. They have been invariably playing the game for quite a while and will be using their mains. They will beat your rear end senseless onto the ground before you even have a chance to break out of the corner or understand what you've done wrong.

Not to sound like a whiny bitch but that can make the game pretty frustrating to learn. I look at the half-dozen US/EU/JP rooms that pop up every night at peak time, probably with at least a couple of people who are also new to the game, and curse my luck for being born in this country.

So watch better players, talk to better players, and keep losing to better players until you understand what you did wrong. Apply yourself. Never stop criticizing your own play. This is The Grind. This is how you get good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It owns that we're getting chars from later Dragonball Super arcs in DBFZ. I want Hit, the Pride Troopers, the furry trio, the fat magical girl, Beerus (lv5 super: Whis teleports in and punches once) Champa w/ fighting vuvuzela action.......

I hope that one of the costumes for android 18 is just playable 17 with 18 as the assist char.

all of this assuming the leaks are true, ofc, but it seems hella plausible

Sade fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 21, 2017