Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The OP is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

So just to be clear, the principle difference between a TES+ and a TE2+ (besides form factor) is that the latter is more modding friendly? That's basically it?

In the sense that you can pop open the hood on a TE2+ and you need a hex key to open a TES+, yes. It's not worth £40, IMO.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Plus, the TE2+ art/colour scheme is ugly, whereas the S+ black and gold is loving gorgeous.

It's weird that the Shadaloo art/colour wasn't the one they chose for the premium version.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

If you're the type of nerd who cares, the TE2+ pcb is slightly faster than the TES+ and is the fastest option out there as far as I know with the exception of the PS360 pcb which still has the 8 minute lockout thing on PS4.

On the other hand, it's the difference between 2.5ms (2+) and 5ms (S+), which isn't anywhere near perceptible unless your brain is superhumanly fast and able to notice one sixth of a frame in lag. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
EU people, Third Strike Online is on sale for £4 on PSN (less than a week after I bought it for the full £13 :argh:).

e; looks like SF2HD and Alpha 2 are also on sale, but not Alpha 3 Max for some reason.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 20, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Melty Steam is getting rollback integration.

https://twitter.com/MadscientistCC/status/723293799405989889

loving goddamn

I caved and bought it earlier today after I saw ArcSys had already put out a couple of patches to address stability issues. They're a good publisher on PC.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Today, I thought to myself "now that I know the absolute very basics of SF, I should dust off my old copy of Soul Calibur 2 and see if I know how to play it."

I have concluded that I don't know how to play Soul Calibur 2, or indeed any 3D fighting game. :negative:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/koihime-enbu-coming-west-pc-via-steam-may

Time to get the bad anime fighting games along with the good ones.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mason Dixon posted:

Koihime is a solid footsies-based fighter, so I'm pleased it's getting a domestic release of some kind.

I'm glad it's actually good despite looking really poor, and I like footsies games, so hmm...

Serenade posted:

Please give me Third Strike HD on Steam

if UNIEL can do it anything can

This and also SF2HD on Steam/PS4 with CFN integration so we can play cross-platform.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Actually, would I be able to cannibalize my 360 te for the same part?

Yeah, you can. Just lift the entire joystick out of your TE1, though, it's a lot easier than disassembling it for switches.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

NRVNQSR is pronounced nero?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzuiWnyfa8

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If you don't want to drop money on a stick (totally understandable), just get a Hori FC4, they're $30-40 and already much better than a 360 pad.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm trying to play Third Strike on Fightcade but I get this message.

Did you put sfiii3.zip in your ROM folder?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot:

Got rid of the poo poo 1/4" plexi I'd bought and just repainted over the official art vinyl sticker instead, so now my stick doesn't look like rear end.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 28, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

this is clean as hell

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the final result and the fact that you don't need labels to know which button is which. Wish I'd had grey caps instead of white for LB/RB, but I didn't think of that when I ordered the caps and it costs me $20 in shipping every time I want to get more. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 28, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

Did you clear over the paint? If not it's going to rub off very fast. I did this to a stick once and the paint lasted for about a month because I was too cheap to put some clear over it.

It was primed, painted in outdoor paint and then Dullcote'd over, so it should last for a while, hopefully.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have no idea if this is any good (it's a budget one-man FG so it's probably crap, sadly) but it looks cool: http://store.steampowered.com/app/466110/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

can you remap it at the system level to inputs that dont do anything like the triggers (with macros disabled) ?

Not AFAIK, because it's a Vita game.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 2, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Vita allows remapping its in the settings somewhere. I dont remember how many things they let you change though. They definitely dont let you remap the touch screen for some reason

Oh, hey, it's in accessibility settings.

It's annoying to swap back and forth but it looks like I can remap LS to RS at least, and that has nothing bound to it in LB2. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh dang does it play ok otherwise? i got it on ps4 and it's great

Other than that it seems pretty much perfect on Vita, yeah. Really easy to read even on that small a screen.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 2, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
My only annoyance is that select is pause, so to change training settings you have to hit select, pick the menu option called "Select" that tells the game "no, I wanted to press select," then do the same thing again to dismiss the menu. :v:

It's crossplay (at least on UK PSN) so if you still have your Vita, try it out. It's only a couple hundred MB, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I wonder if the multiplayer is cross-platform.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah, it's crossplay. which is good because otherwise the vita mp would be immediately dead

That owns.

I hope we get more Neo Geo rereleases like it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did anyone get Koihime Enbu on PC? How is it as a port?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bhsman posted:

Haven't watched it yet, but these guys played it for about half an hour.

Yeah, I'm watching the Fisticuffs video now, but their copy appears to be an imported PS4 copy. All the menus are in Japanese.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I've never played any of the other versions so I have nothing to compare it too, but it runs very well on my comp. Also, it's made by M2, probably the most technically competent porting company in all of Asia.

Cool, good to know, thanks.

I'm debating picking it up, how's the population? Minuscule I imagine, but still. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

This owns.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dhamster posted:

http://m.imgur.com/a/uXiS7

Alright so here is the MAME cabinet in the lounge I was talking about. Some of the buttons don't work. To service or replace them do I just unscrew the plexiglass and turn it over?

It's going to depend on how it was put together, but probably, yes. You're unlikely to break something that isn't already broken by unscrewing the plexi to take a look underneath, and replacing the buttons themselves is super easy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: they're not even bothering with PC this time?

I'd rather this than them doing what they did with MK, really.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad Capcom made a smart decision and decided to just use PSN/Steam to sell their SF5 DLC instead of having some idiot convoluted in-game RM store.

Hopefully, they can spend the money they would have spent implementing that on fixing their rollback implementation.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 9, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I sure hope the gear that straight up modifies the mechanics in Injustice 2 is disabled for multiplayer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

somehow the thing that pisses me off about this isn't even RNG gear in the multiplayer, it's 4.63%. .63%? gently caress off

How much do you want to be that the value is randomly rolled within a range, Diablo-style, when the gear drops? :allears:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Anyway, ArcSys handled the PC port of UNIEL, didn't they? How did that turn out? Netcode and stuff.

It's not out yet! Doesn't even have a Steam page.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Melty Port is technically solid and they were very responsive in pushing out patches to address people's issues with the netcode and a couple of other niggles, so I fully expect the UNIEL port to come out just fine, and even if it has launch issues, ArcSys will be fixing them promptly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant wait to clash and epically wager against my opponent instead of fighting. I cant wait for the clash to end sending one of us flying back across the overly huge levels for more zoning

Are you hype to wage special meter to see who wins the clash?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

SCII kicks rear end and I wish I still had my GameCube copy.

I still have my Gamecube copy, and I'm even worse at it now than I was when it came out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I was never good at it but it was a go-to multiplayer game when my friends and i weren't playing melee. Getting kills with the yoshimitsu harakiri was awesome

:same:

But I specifically dug it out a few months ago after going to the trouble of learning some fighting game basics, thinking to myself "hey, I bet I can probably understand what I'm doing in SC2, now!" and it turns out that no, I can't.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bhsman posted:

So Qanba just announced a PS4/PS3/PC-compatible stick that's...less than $100?

If that's moddable, it'd make a nice travel stick. Looks nice, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/night-birth-exelate-pc-launches-july-12

UNIEL on Steam in two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sade posted:

Tekken fans, how do you feel about Pokken pulling twice the number of players compared to T7?

The question should probably be "Pokken fans, how do you feel about your game only having twice as many players as a game that isn't actually out yet?" :v: