Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Play KOF98/02UM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

You should also check out Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and/or Special. The general pacing and the back Lane systems for those games might take a bit of time to get used to, but drat they are really fun games once you get into them. Sure, there are a few players in the rooms at a time but there are also a few dedicated players in North America that play (or used to play) from time to time. I've only played a bit a long time ago but I'm actively trying to play this with people (especially RB2)

And yeah Breakers/Karnovs are also good

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Real Bout 1 is fun in such a stupid way. Ring outs for days

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I really want a God Hand-style beat 'em up set in the KoF/Fatal Fury universe.

The closest thing we have is a fan remake of Fatal Fury remade from a fighting game to a beat em up.

http://seeproduction.blogspot.ca/2015/02/fatal-fury-final.html?m=1

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Some SNK games with those motions would have a qcb, f motion as a shortcut. Alternatively you can also do qcbqcb, f if you want.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 23, 2016

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Falcoon has committed crimes against humanity by giving Blue Mary the worst redesign in video games. It's a shame he still works for SNK

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

I'm glad the Tekken numbers are 1000+ strong this year and GG, though ever so slightly lower, is still doing fine.

I'm couldn't care any less about KOF's number since 14 is absolute trash

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

The walk speed is decently fast and all but am I crazy to think that the stages are kinda too big for the current speed of the game?

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Where the gently caress is Raphael at

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ivy's default costume is great cuz tits

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

If you a real one, you get the light ver then buy Hokuto and the Gougi decks separately.

I've done that and I have zero regrets. FLEX is just too fun man

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 2, 2018

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Quasipox posted:

If I've never played an Arika game, how hard is it to get into FEXL? I've been playing a lot of SFV and Tekken lately as part of my "hey let's play some fightmans games" phase and kind of want to check out FEXL on sale. I mean, Skullomania dude...

Not really hard to get into at all. As far as 2D SF esque games are concerned, it's fairly fast paced due to how great running is. Combos aren't too hard as well since you can chain lights into mediums into heavies like the vs games.

Though, the one thing that might take a while to get used to is the Gougi system and how you gotta remember how to activate certain cards in a match through doing certain actions like blocking more or using up meter. Really cool system otherwise

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

darealkooky posted:

what moba has unit building and actual combos/mixups

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. Just play as Jack-O

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

With Capcom having a recent track record of putting out lousy ports, I'm sad that we won't have a proper Sengoku Basara X port.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

1cc omega rugal to bypass evo pools for life.

The General from Kaiser Knuckle would be a better challenge

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

I hope it's North American title is Samurai Showdown

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/Nosuke0213/status/1045922448523186177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_amSCW27k

Man, EXVS2 looks so drat good, it kinda makes GVS pale in comparison. And I like GVS. I hope we get a port and they don't just leave it arcade only for forever.

EXVS2 does look really good. Hopefully they remove that awful striker system GVS has right now.

And of course, a console release

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Funnily enough, the most enjoyment I got from SG is training mode. Though that was back in late 2012/2013 when the game was a broken piece of poo poo

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

The simple, relatively low cost option Marvel can do is port CoC(k) to consoles

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

AnEndcat posted:

What's even the point if you don't have a vertically swapped HCB, 46464646 repeatedly endlessly, and whatever was going on with that Haohmaru move?

5sp also has standardized super inputs with 236CD btw so we may still have jank inputs

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I got a review copy of Samurai Shodown so I can answer any questions if ya got em. Can't talk about certain modes though (mostly single player stuff).

Is 2C Firebird still busted?

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

My scene has an actual flat earther so it's automatically rear end

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Is it that Soul Calibur guy who brought his kid on stage during a Top 8 while wearing a MAGA hat and a Flat Earth shirt.

Yup that's oofmatic. Toronto's pride and joy

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

P-Mack posted:

What's the most popular KoF in Brazil, I forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

As far as I know since 2019, Combo Breaker is still THE premier Fighting Game major