Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Fighting games are fun and cool.

Especially the best fighting game, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R.

You should play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K25fB0PhlN4

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBGVWiP2ls&t=272s

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yet everyone's still gonna play on caster anyways.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, uh, apparently the steam release of Current Code isn't the same one as the Carnival Phantasm one that everyone's been playing.

https://twitter.com/muto256/status/722718493930569729

There's also some different stuff with meter gain too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad they wait because it's fun actually having people to play with.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Baal posted:

Oh well Corbeau said they're bad so that's just it

Yeah man, he even said 'Period'. That shows he means business.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seriously though, for graphics, I'm with old man zand

Zand posted:

personally I don't really care what the hitboxes in my fighters are skinned with.. try not to get hung up on the graphics.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got my versions mixed up, and thought F-Seifuku was F-VAkiha who is anything but really bad. :downs: Fighting F-VAkiha is sadness.

I play C-PCiel, who is really fun but also really bad.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Those look great, but even the cheap option is a little more than I was looking to spend. I'll definitely keep them in mind though, thanks for the links.

Just make your own on the cheap!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dracula Factory posted:

SFV looks just fine except for Ken's face, whoever modeled that must have been a blind chimp who hated people.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

People keep explaining the mechanical consequences of guts and all it's doing is convincing me it's a good thing

"oh no, we made a mechanic that encourages you to be more aggressive in a match that's already down to the line"

Well I mean people are talking like systems that promote offense are bad things, so who knows what it's like in this strange bizarro universe.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

How many times can I put +R down before hitting the character limit?

But seriously, +R is probably my only undying classic that I'll always go back to. I enjoy melty on a more casual level and whatever BB revision is newest for fun, but other than that, it's just a rotating set of poverty games.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

literally every melty blood combo ends in an airthrow

Unless you're C-PCiel in which case everything is j.C/airthrow, j.236A~A (with maybe a bonus 236B~B after that).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That game looks absolutely abysmal, and you're really just digging a deeper hole trying to pimp it absolutely everywhere.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've got an 8-button stick so I just use:

P K S H
D

But I'm totally aware that's a weird layout.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/739653056292233217

The hell are you up to, Uniest?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Surely Guilty Gear should be Queen. It has anime Freddie Mercury as a playable character already.

+R is Queen.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know nothing about RWBY other than there's a character with gauntlets that fire shotgun slugs. If they did that, I'd be obligated to play it just for that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

+R is the best game in the series, and dirt cheap, so that's a great start.

I haven't played overture but if you're into that sort of thing, I hear it's a pretty fun time.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Actually Revelator came out in June

+R came out in 2014 though?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nah, adding poo poo for the sake of adding it is reserved for slowdowns, camera angle pans, and danger time.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Force Breaks and FRCs at least contribute 25 meter offensive options that you can do even during blockstrings or combos, unlike forced RRCs. And FRCs don't eat inputs like YRC flashes.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ah, I see what you mean. Usually when I see people complain about FRCs, it's on the mechanic as a whole. You have a point on the additions that I tend to overlook just by virtue of having a character (HOS) who benefited pretty greatly overall from the update. For me, the difference comes in the problems I have with +R are more character specific, whereas the problems I have with Xrd are on a system mechanics level.

Personally though, I just find it more engaging and refreshing to play. That's not to say that I hate Xrd, just that it isn't as satisfying, and jumping back and forth lately really has me missing it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I like the sound effects being louder than the in-game music

The best sound effects are ones that are actively damaging.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh god he is the guy with that terrible demo game that everyone griped about at Combo Breaker isn't he. I totally forgot about that.

That makes it even better :laffo:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

anime was right posted:

also more games should have cvs2 style 3-sec long low anim unique intros. i feel like repurposing animation and having unique voice lines vs diff chars does a long way in selling a chars personality but lol no one cares about stronger character focus in fgs.

Baal posted:

Marvel 3 is literally the only game Capcom has put in recent years that did this and it was awesome

That makes me wonder, before they ditched it for Xrd, was arcsys the only guys left doing that sort of thing (along with combat intros)? I know they still have occasional special combat intros in BB but that's all I can think of that's still doing it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zand posted:

remember the intros in GGXX that changed the starting positions for the characters if you let them play out

They're even better when they glitch out randomly so like Slayer vs HOS will have the wrong effects applied and HOS gains a magic fire barrier during the intro and poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

IKs were the least of GG1's problems. My personal favorite is fullscreen 50% from a DI VV but there's just so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP79wXWV0cM

Of course that's an extreme example but still.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Man, if you're gonna make a robot fighting game for VR, you'd think they'd go for something more Virtual On or EXVS styled rather than... Whatever the hell that is.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There are hierarchies now? I thought it was just pick one and worship him to death?

(For me that'll be now and forever Inoue.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i went to michigan event back in 2013 and went 0-2 in sf4 or something, I don't even remember, but then i played casuals in AH3 against the same guy with the same characters for 4 hours. all and all a good tournament

If it was Michigan it was probably Greats. The guy is a monster at anything he puts his mind to.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Chaos Code has redeeming features like Chef Bravo, a crazy robot with Getter Beams and Tomahawks, and Bodypillow Ryu.

As well as "JESUS", "YO YO YO YO YO!", and "OUCHIIIIIIEEEEE"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

there aren't a lot of combos or blockstrings

I'm confused. I don't understand.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I didn't realize how incredibly prevalent this was until recently, and now that I am it really sucks but explains so much.

No poo poo. I mean, just look at how many people FRCs scared off every time they were brought up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Eh, when it's a little nod in a series that already references a ton of artists almost by name (like GG or JoJo), I'm okay if you put a soundalike riff in a song. The lovely thing is when you pull a Budokai whatever that one was and wholesale lift the entire song.

That reminds me, for as bad as All Star Battle the game was, the OST was drat good, and had some pretty great sample work that was appropriate for the given character, like in ACDC and Zeppeli's themes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_qe5oQoPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feBSsf3MHzE

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

To get a legal non-steam copy you've got to buy a Carnival Phantasm blu-ray that I think at launch was in the 100 dollar range, and now looks to have rocketed up to about 300 dollars.

That said though, last I checked, the Carnival Phantasm set isn't tournament standard anymore because the steam version is more arcade accurate. I don't know the total changes, I just know that there's some characters who have some issues.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chickenfrogman posted:

CPEX was excellent and the new one CF is a really solid game so far.

I'm actually curious, since this sentiment comes up rather often, are there enough people interested in CF to justify a thread for it, seeing as it comes out in like two weeks? I know it (and non-Melty/GG airdashers in general) is rather persona non grata in this thread, but having a thread for it would at least keep others who don't like it from being bothered by it. Maybe merge it into a general Arcsys/airdasher thread since the Xrd thread is getting on in years and the OP is really out of date.

Of course, I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes either, but might as well ask.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 28, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

an airdash general thread is probably a good idea. i dont know if a bb only thread would be worth the time

Yeah, I just didn't want to step on Henaki's thread, but I bugged him and he said it wasn't a big deal so I'll probably start writing something up for a GG/BB/general airdasher/anime fg thread thing.

Is there anyone who still plays P4AU that might want to do a short blurb on it? I never really played it to any deep extent so I'd be kind of at a loss for that.

Lord Chumley posted:

bb came out WAYYY before p4a friend

:downsrim:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

an airdash general thread is probably a good idea. i dont know if a bb only thread would be worth the time

Well I did it. So now there's a special place to discuss all the high flying anime girl fighting games you can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zappa randomness is great because otherwise we wouldn't have the Mitsurugi Dog Counter.