Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WHERE JOJO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KoF02 UM is a fun game with one of my favorite FG characters in it. I recommend playing some of the old rear end Fatal Fury games too even if they're p old, it's always fun to see GEESE's origins.

I'd also recommend Maximum Impact because of how loving stupid it is, but that's not one I'd recommend for anything other than Schadenfreude. Ikari Warriors, Art of Fighting, basically if an old game has characters from later KoF games in it then I'd say play it to at least get familiar with character origins.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't play Samsho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're good then, yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno I've just never enjoyed a Samsho, 5 with the Fire Arm dude is the closest I got, but I still couldn't get into it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say just pre-order Revelator on the PSN Store and get the demo so you can play the game two months in advance otherwise yeah just wait til june

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am practicing Jojos stuff right now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
melty blood is on steam

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zand posted:

missing stages and modes and you can't use the caster with it and the new netcode is worse than the caster

how is it missing stages

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jmcrofts posted:

Originally they were called SEs (standard editions) and were SF4 branded. Those were also pretty hard to find and got discontinued after a year or two. The brawlstick came out a few years later, same stick but with different art.

Pic of an SE:

This was my first stick and I still have it, but one of the buttons is hosed up because I used it to play a lot of Marvel 3.

I should probably pop it open and mod it actually since I now have like... 4 different sticks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

attackmole posted:

it's socially acceptable if you're under 12, yeah.

Something someone in the fighting game thread said about another person's children's toy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's even lamer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where is Hyde

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm actually okay with that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/koihime-enbu-coming-west-pc-via-steam-may

Time to get the bad anime fighting games along with the good ones.

This game is actually fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Come to BBJ or Tabs for JoJo tips

Or Fayk if he's around, he's the JoJo Brain Game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

jojo's is a hard loving game that's why my entire gameplan is dashing poke buffered into red bind

I mean that's not really a bad strategy, believe it or not

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

3S kinda has a big community that stayed in 3S because that game is the most distinct SF outside of EX series. It's also really pretty, has a lot of flashy bullshit and the music is good.

As a millennial I can tell you several of my own kind gravitate towards that game because the aesthetic is "Incredibly My poo poo" as several people I know have put it to me. Hell, it was pretty cool to me for a while too until I was like "This got boring somewhere along the way and I don't know where, back to SF4."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is the only time I will ever use generational generalization bullshit because it is insanely retarded and me wanting to skateboard while slamming down some tang does not have any effect on fighting games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Game looks good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not falling for the brian sales pitch

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KOFXIV doesn't look amazing, but at least the faces look like they aren't meth riddled or made of clay

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am literally saying the models look less lovely than SFV, what are you talking about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And even then I wouldn't loving care because the game looks fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That's more Salvador Dali which is classy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SFV looks like my rear end crawled out of a store that specializes in waterpaint

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh well Corbeau said they're bad so that's just it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a PS4 and am excited for KoF

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

They are bad compared to anything that came out this gen. They look incredibly flat, like plastic models, it's PS2-era skin textures all the way. I mean, just freeze frame on faces in that trailer. Now, if that bothers you or not, that's a different thing.

Still better than the mess that is Eyes of Heaven

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The SVC sprites look bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd like to thank brian for the only post he's ever made that is relevant to my interests because it led me to this

dangerdoom volvo posted:

interesting kof graphical journey comparison + its boob centric:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am all for emphasizing Angel's amazing assets

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Listen you're gonna be in the presence of such greatness as Justin Wong and Diala Umejambalaya, you should only be so happy that 65 is all you have to spend to even be in the presence of such greatness.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not pre-regging and they can charge me more if they want to but not doing it nope

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Overwatch is v fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marvel 3 ended up making about 3 mil between the combined sales of MVC3 and UMVC3 which I believe was actually profitable for them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MVC3 and Fate/Unlimited Codes are good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care gimme Geese

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SF4 and MVC3 look better than KOFXIV... But all of them look better than SFV.