Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvEsIYYcks

they put antonio banderas in kof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

inthesto posted:

Does the default layout still put P under K

I will never get over that poo poo

I bet you play box instead of neogeo layout for kof

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Garnavis posted:

How do people generally map Neo Geo buttons on an 8-button layout? I've been trying to find a good setup for my HRAP and nothing feels particularly comfortable. Four buttons in one row? A on the bottom for and B/C/D on the top row? Are you supposed to use your thumb for A? I've never used a real Neo Geo cabinet so I'm not sure.

a on bottom left for your thumb, bcd on top row starting from the left

it's an arc for your hands

if your hands are bigger shift bcd over one button i guess

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykP6lFCvdHM

hello please watch one of the greatest fg sets of all time

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

Trip report: Melty Blood still more fun than SFV. Pity the netcode is Bad and the port apparently has some issues. But hey, might as well pay my Melty Blood Tax.

also my h-vsion is garbage and i can't combo and i won a couple matches off dashup throw which is not a thing

I also play h vsion and the trick is to do her overheqe against bad players you're welcome for the tip

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Grd is one of the coolest systems I've seen in a fighting game in a long time, in that it rewards both good offense and defense, and is tied into the pace of the game in a really smart way.

It's a fantastic way of building advantage by playing well

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Saoshyant posted:

That's two times people have mentioned that ST in fightcade is frustrating. I thought it was still the game novices were encouraged to pick up to learn the fundamentals so I imagined the population would be disparate between veterans and newcomers. Guess not?

you will learn the fundamentals very quickly precisely because people who are good will put you through the grinder if your defense and spacing are bad

there's a lot of bullshit in st but it's fun bullshit, and to get past it you need to be on point

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Saoshyant posted:

I think we are all aware what ST is, how fast it is, how "pure" it is, etc, etc. I just imagined there would be tons of newcomers playing it on fightcade which would even out the odds for them, but this being such a niche hobby, I guess it really doesn't make much sense in practice. Most newcomers probably aren't even aware they should go for ST so they likely just stick to the online of big games (previously SF4, now SF5 and KI).

i direct people to use pat miller's guide

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5axndoon7v0luj6/FightingGamePrimer.pdf?dl=0

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
watch any f-vakiha match with GO1 and you'll see why the character is stupid good: http://www.meltydb.com/resultall.php?1c=VAkiha&1m=Full&tdb=cl

besides having a billion traps and good ways to convert into really advantageous situations all around, she's a loving tank

her guts rating is super loving good for some reason

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

Do you mean F-Akiha? VAkiha is the fast, glass cannon-ish version, Tohno Akiha is the tanky rear end in a top hat

yes i should stop posting at 6am

this is weird bc i used to play vakiha in aa

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
here's an svc zero infinite anyone can learn

start a juggle in the corner

and then do j.c

over and over

until they die

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dnastyx

please add me to play super turbo or other cool games on fightcade or just find me on #goonsgarden

i like
magical drop 3
alpha 2
neo turf masters
vampier savier the lord of vampier

mostly i play st poorly and i will play some hyper fighting once the new fightcade comes out

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

inthesto posted:

The best part of MUGEN is its community and how people on youtube brag that they made a character that can beat Violent Ken in AI vs AI battles

The best best part is the Sean who beat Violent Ken because the guy who made him accidentally flagged his parry as a move that can be canceled into, so you see the startup frames for a really lovely Sean move and then he immediately parries and then begins to do another move and parries again and it repeats like six times in a row

Link this video

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Golden Battler posted:

Something I've been wondering about for a while is, what is the purpose of the Guts system in games that have it (or something similar)? I mean, I get what it basically does, in a general sense, I just don't really understand why a develop decided to implement it, and why the system still sees use. I don't dislike it or anything, I just don't really get it, I guess.

guts affects how good chip damage is

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

so it's an unnecessary thing

oohrah

honestly I never really got the weird defense/health scaling some game have, melty has that poo poo and I'm like can't you just make that lifebar bigger then

no it affects how good health recovery from heat is at a given point for one

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
don't play soku it's a poo poo game

play a good game like iamp instead

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I would rather read 20 Brian posts about how amazing 3s is

(this is not permission for brian to post about 3s)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You fuckers weren't supposed to take the 3s bait

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Sakuya is top tier in iamp play iamp instead

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
No one plays iamp anymore don't actually start playing it

Even when I started playing there was a pool of maybe 50 competent players in the whole US and that number has only gone down

It's dead game rip sweet anime shrine maidens

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

dangerdoom volvo posted:

3s is the most ridiculed game in the sa scene

no it's actually garou bc you can spot bads immediately by how much they think that's a good game

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Golden Battler posted:

Throws aren't even a thing in soku, though some characters have command grabs that range from bad to decent.

The ask was for good fgs

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You can combo into airthrows in melty and combo out of gold airthrows

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If you beat anonspore in a ft10 in the chipp mirror it's rumored that he will buy 800 copies of your game

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What happens when woshige fights you and then you have to buy 800 copies of sf5

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You can ignore most of those systems until you get a little more comfortable with playing the game

Like many other anime games, the resources for melty are much better than what you'd normally get for a street fighter game so you can take it at your own pace

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jmcrofts posted:

I played Crystal Control II at combo breaker and it is definitely FGOTY (fighting game of the year) if any other goons are here you should go play it in the indie game area, and also check them out on greenlight. It's basically a 2 player vs shmup.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626581378

E: no offense intended to anothergod whose game i also played and enjoyed, but CC2 is the truth.

how does this compare to twinkle star sprites?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
zinac has been working on fearless night for a long time and he's very dedicated to it

it's not my speed but he has a very particular vision for the game and i can appreciate that

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
arcade layout

anything else is blaspehmy

like those people who play neo-geo games on box layout

loving heathens

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

attackmole posted:

Literal quote I overheard at locals yesterday.

"I don't play Guilty Gear because it doesn't have any waifus"

i loving hate anime so much

do you know why dfc is so popular

licensed waifus

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

marvel 2 is sandstorm by darude

marvel 2 is all of the songs in clock vs neo

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think he also ripped off and/or didn't pay people who helped him with FGTV related poo poo, actually.

dacid said he never got paid for streaming on fgtv

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

I have to drive two and a half hours both ways to get to an offline scene and I will sure as gently caress mock a Sol for using grand viper and 6P his riot stomp while I'm at it

don't live in the poo poo part of norcal maybe

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

FanaticalMilk posted:

This got posted in the SFV thread but I don't think anyone posted it here, anyways, SFV producer said the 8 frames of lag were an intentional choice, and then Spooky speculated this was to create greater parity between the online and offline experiences. gently caress Capcom, they don't deserve to have the privilege to create another Darkstalkers game, outsource it to ArcSys.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...oichi-sugiyama/

it's funny because they implemented it incorrectly for online so it just feels worse everywhere, whereas in tag 2 they eat some of the latency with the input lag

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

dragon enthusiast posted:

the uniel netcode was never good in the first place, don't get your hopes up unless they straight up went and hired madscientist to work on both melty and unib somehow

They implemented his rollback code for melty

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Last post on this.

Zand, if you're honestly taking offense me saying that most people seem to consider ST the best, then you really need to chill out, especially when that is an observation based on posts such as yours. Stop projecting your frustration and anger over Capcom and SFV on me just because I like the game. I think you're a decent dude but you honestly need to get over it.

If you want, hit me up on the Discord and we can talk about it or PM me.

most people think hyper fighting is better :shrug:

people don't really have a problem with your bad opinions it's more you posting like you know fighting game stuff when you've proven continuously that you don't know poo poo, even about this garbage game that you love :shrug:

what's so hard to understand? :shrug: i think you're a chill dude but you honestly need to stop posting about fighting games :shrug: stop projecting your frustration and anger over people not liking your game onto people making fun of you for being dumb :shrug:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Endorph posted:

tbh i hope the guy keeps posting about liking SFV because of how insanely mad it's making people

i hope he keeps posting about sf5 because of how salty he gets whenever he gets called out for posting nonsense

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you should be able to articulate your preferences and explain why other people should adopt them

like if i say "parries are good because they're a pure skill check and increase the gap between players without creating new decision points" you know exactly where i'm coming from re: one or two mechanics and can infer a lot about how i think about competitive gaming in general

(plus if i'm wrong and they actually do create new decision points you can school me and both potentially change my mind and make an informative post about how 3S actually works)

This is a very elaborate way of summoning brian

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Medullah posted:

Hey as a Michigan person I can proudly proclaim that Detroit is no longer the complete cess pool it was 10 years ago. There's a good chunk that is worth hanging out in!

I mean, 80% is still terrifying. But 20% is great!

the detroit airport is cool

and it has a good popeyes inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Pleasantly surprised to see SFV on sale for ~$40. May pick up a copy for a friend.

he's not going to be friends with you anymore after that