Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I started working on my stick today. Still have to install my art, bezel, sidings and cover, but the buttons came early so I popped them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Which is sturdier, the Hori fighting commander 4 or the Mad Catz Fightpad Pro?

The hori. See also the fightpad pro sucks rear end in every way.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

If NitroPlus Blasterz came out and was really fun, I'm sure this can too.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I use punch, kick, slash on the top 3 buttons and hs and dust on the bottom 3 buttons.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nice

also the smash community smells very bad

Yes. I remember going to The Fall Classic and being blasted by the odor of the smash room on the way to the main hall.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a fan of the TES+, but the HRAP 4 is a great. I wouldn't get one with a touch pad though. The 4 Kai, 5 and VLX all got skewered by Teyah, which is a stick lag testing site. They all had between 14 and 16ms of lag.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I owned one before I switched to a TES+ and its a noticeable difference.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Has anyone tried changing the art in the TES+? I want to do it, but if it's more than just replacing the shadaloo plate with a plexi and art, then I'll pass on it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I knew that rumor was fakr before that, but adding DMC and Power Stone on there was asking to dog pile the credibility. I'd like to see Gene and Ruby Heart, but we'll see. I'm hoping the game is basically TvC2.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Is there a reason TvC is super disliked? I've only messef with it through emulation and I had fun with it. Never saw any tournament play.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Dias posted:

Ibuki knows what truly matters in this world. Also isn't fiending over a legit bear like her friend/rival R.Mika.

Don't tell me you wouldn't want to be crushed between Gief's pecs.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I played that game at PAX south. Its a neat thing, but its still far from finished. I could aee it being appealing to newer folk tho. If anything needed changing it was the booth management team.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

You can find an HRAP IV usually at our around 100 bucks. They are decent sticks even if I cannot stand their buttons. Personally, if you can save a bit and put in 150, you can get a Madcatz TES+, Razer Panthera or Qanba Crystal. All three are excellent sticks. I'd tell you to do the TES+ since is has a really good PC driver.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Brosnan posted:

Hey if anyone who's more familiar with the current lineups from Razer/Hori/Qanba/Eightarc/whatever wants to do quick write-ups similar to those in the OP, I'll throw them up there. I've always used Mad Catz so I'm not as aware of what's current or good in other brands.

I can cover the Razer sticks when I get home.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Here's that Panthera write up for the OP, Brosnan.

Razer Panthera
Consoles: PS3/4, PC
Cost: 200 USD

Pros: This is Razer's answer to the TE2+. Size of the MadCatz TES with the customization of the TE2. It comes stock with Sanwa parts, touchpad and L3&R3 support. Razer has also released a firmware update that decreases stick input lag for their website. It is on the same level as the TE2+ with the update. Has built in compartment for USB cord, uses the same USB cord as the TE2 series and comes with a bat top.
Cons: Stick is pricey at 200USD. It regularly goes on sale during tournaments for upwards of 50 dollars off. While the buttons and joystick are easily swapped, the artwork is etched into the plexi and no one has come up with an alternative for it yet. Focus Attack is working on a solution, but who knows when that will come out.

Boxman posted:

I just dug my stuck out of storage but I'm limited to a PC. What punchman games have a community these days? SFV obviously. Is KI worth learning? Are there any airdashers where I can find a match reliably?

Fightcade is still incredibly popular on the Goonsgarden discord channel. SFV doesn't see a lot of play from there, but its the easiest to find matches in. Both Trykt and I are trying to get more people playing KI, but we're usually down to play. There is a pretty active amount of people playing the latest Guilty Gear for PC.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 28, 2017

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I have a bit of a technical question for any of the stick modders here. I have an XB1 stick I am going to mod. I'm buying this board because it works on everything and has headers:

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-universal-fighting-board-with-headers/

This is the current PCB and hookup in my stick:

In theory since it has headers, could I just switch the PCBs out and switch connections. This is the diagram for what hooks into the headers:

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/d90a4/product_images/uploaded_images/universal-20160222.jpg?t=1458187106

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

skit herre posted:

I guess I'll need to find some more retarded FG discord then.

Please do and don't come back.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Meridian posted:

I would like to learn how to smash people with TJ Combo. Been meaning to pick this game up, I just haven't got around to it yet. Tonight is the night.

Both Trykt and I can teach you TJ. Join the goonsgarden discord. I'm @SethSeries on there if you have immediate questions.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Meridian posted:

Sweet, I'm already on there. I'll hit you guys up once the game is downloaded.

No worries. I've mained him since he launched and Trykt is helping me lab some stuff with him for Combo Breaker so we'll help you do combo.

skit herre posted:

That's pretty much my thing, thank's for summing that up. Pretty sure that was funnier than what went on else of the time. not one of you dared to voice chat with me, babies :) See you and have a good time

We asked you to come play games with us and you didnt. You alienated people becaude you because you were constantly seeking attention and validation for your dumbassery. Good loving riddance.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 31, 2017

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

You may also wanna hit up the r/KillerInstinct discord and only the discord. We run sets a fair amount. Also I will get some info together for you on the discord.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there an official pronunciation of gigamaiden yet? Is it like doc brown in bttf saying jigamaiden?

Its pronounced Kusoge or Vaporware.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm sure it is in the same way that every other year was.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Cabbagepots posted:

KI is poo poo and buying it was the worst mistake I ever made.

Gigamaidens is a poo poo game that doesn't exist and is also the worst mistake you made.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

The razer panthera i won back during the MvC3 Evo fundraiser a couple months ago finally arrived. Really nice stick, feels really solid. Not being able to change out art sucks but it does make the plexi feel more solid.

Focus Attack is working on a solution to that.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Focus attack has replacement plexis for the Razer Panthera so custom artwork is now doable.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Cabbagepots posted:

To be fair, at least Caleb looks like a wolf. Sabrewulf in KI 2013 looks more like an enormous rat.

Thats his classic costume you dumb gently caress.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Trykt posted:

lol if you think you could take a single game off him now

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yours won't be any better if it even exists, fam.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kongming posted:

I'm just going to come right out and say it: You suck, dude.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

Hi, so I'm new to the whole fightstick thing. I'm planning on making GG XRD2 my first PC game and I'm planning on getting a stick for it too. Now that Madcatz is gone, is there a new best or should I just go with the Hori RAP4 for now and switch out the buttons at a later date?

(This isn't my first fighting game, I've played BlazBlue forever on my xbox but the community on it is kinda dead, and none of my friends play xbox fighters)

I'm a big fan of the Razer PS4 stick, but hori had really good mid range priced sticks. I don't like the buttons on them at all.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I am in SFV and KI. I am calling you out in KI. I will end the Tyrek reign and make you take your shame pillow.

https://shunao.myshopify.com/collections/body-pillows/products/shin-hisako-body-pillow

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 23, 2017

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I will be there Saturday and Sunday. However, I only have Playstation compatible controllers and no way to play Xbox One unless someone can lend and adapter.

I'm in SG and Rev2, but I can't make it to Rev2 as I got the Friday pool. I play literally any game I can while there though.

I have a PS3/4 Adapter you can use.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I want to romance Harada in Summer Lesson

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

In Training posted:

Everybody post your mains

Kazumi, Millia, Makoto, Yuri/Kula/Athena, Karin, Muramasa

SFV: Laura
T7: Katarina
Marvel: Chris/Nova/Virgil
KI: TJ Combo
P4AU: Kanji Tatsumi
KOF: Terry/Rock/Vanessa
SFIV: Cody
SF3rd: Makoto
Gundam ExVs: God Gundam/GP03
UNIEL: Akatsuki
SCIII->V: Siegfried

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 24, 2017

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

So I just got in my Qanba Obsidian stick, and it's easily the nicest stick I've ever played on. If anyone's in the market for a high end PS4 stick I highly recommend it.

Mine came in today too. It and the Panthera are both the best sticks out there right now.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

canoshiz posted:

Has anyone announced sales for any sticks yet?

If you are in the US and looking for stick I have a Razer Panthera I am willing to part with.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Oh! I didn't realise.

I'm not looking for budget, but due to the fact that I pretty much have no fighting game experience I don't want to spend too much in case I don't have much fun. I thought that sort of price was feasible without going too crazy.

Be prepared to spend like 150. There's decent places to sell sticks too if it's not your thing. I will say, Hori's new line is out soon. The HRAP N is 130 most places and It's a really good stick.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

If anyone is looking for a Qanba Obsidian for like 140 plus shipping, DM me. I’m looking to sell mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Has anyone set up the nesica emulator. I'm wanting to play P4AU 2.0