Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

fighting games in general might be a hard read, but the OP is a Good Read for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ignore the op, this is all you need to know

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

yah but how can anyone expect to win without knowing the micro-walk?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Brosnan posted:

For the record, anyone new to fighting games is required to watch every goddamn video on this page.

this is 100% true

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I LOVE BUSTIN

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo6TbaOMMJI

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i really dont know how anyone could watch the videos on this page, and play any number of free games, and not think that fighting games are the best pvp games on the internet, right now

brosnans post is good

fighting games are good

if u are bad thats fine, im bad too. lets play

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Munsun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJmbozmsis&t=504s

god bless woshige for bringing his false sense of completion to sfv

if the op wasnt saturated with amazing poo poo, this would be in it

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e42UQy9vNKE

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Brosnan posted:

• KOF98 - Good if you want something faster than SF4 but easier to follow than anime/Marvel.
  • X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Good if you want to dip your toe into busted-rear end Vs. games where basically everyone has an infinite that you may or may not be able to do.
  • Vampire Savior - Good if you want to have fun (seriously this game owns and more people should play it).

For anyone else who is into fightcade, I am really bad but want to play all of the above (plus COTA, ST, and 3s.) If you have mediocre fg fundamentals from SF and want to play other games then we are in the same boat, let's fight.

Add me on steam or find me in that goon discord thing
http://steamcommunity.com/id/booyah-

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 17, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

samco posted:

Could you elaborate at all? I'm interested in giving fighting games a try and was looking into this stick as it seemed like a relatively okay stick with upgrade potential should I find myself getting more serious.

Is this not the case? What would you recommend doing instead?

Just to elaborate on the madcatz alpha, it's extremely lightweight which is the opposite of what you want in a real arcade stick. Especially when first learning stick it's good to have a solid base. It's also really expensive to mod because you'd want to replace both the and buttons which will cost like 30 bucks. For $110 you can easily find a quality used stick or just pay 150 for a hori or whatever.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

its me, I'm the bad fightcade player who will be on equal footing with you whichever game you pick.

Right now I want to play kof98, cota, and alpha 2 when the new fightcade is out

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this is good link

As a bad fightcade player, I think ST is really tough to learn with. It feels like either Im playing people who can win the round in two hits, or Im just fighting people who know as little as I do. Sf4 is more fun in comparison, somehow.

I really think we need a gathering place for people who want to play fightcade but are poo poo, as i am. the games can be brutal but at least the netcode is good.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's pretty much the only Street Fighter game I like besides Super Turbo. Every other Street Fighter game is just so...boring to me. Though looking at V, since I've only played like fifteen minutes of it, it seems like it could develop into something I might reasonably enjoy.

want to play me in super turbo on fightcade?

e: http://steamcommunity.com/id/booyah-

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 25, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Not right now, but I've added you to play later.

cool

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Anyone going to Northwest Majors this weekend? I'm not playing in events but I may go for casuals.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

You can get training mode with limited features in fightcade too, it's not as good as 98um but it's useful.

There are a few goons trying to learn fightcade 98 now, including me.

Add me here for fightcade stuffs steamcommunity.com/booyah-

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I guess they look choppy compared to sfv but who cares if the game plays solid?

Also in graphics every trailer they put out looks better than the ones before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kvG7vjH_8

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

KOF XIV has mediocre animation because the models they used are from the ones they traced the sprites over from KOF XIII (which also had mediocre animation).

what's your reference on this?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

They used 3D models in their sprite process. There is no way they would let those assets go to waste.

EDIT - I found a video comparing KOFXIV and XIII's animation. It does seem that there are a lot of similarities between the two games. That said there are a few differences. You can really see the effects of animation between 2D and 3D.

ok so you were speculating. but the comparison vid is cool and if you slo mo it they look very similar so your theory probably isnt far off.

i wish they could do the Xrd lighting tricks and poo poo though. too bad

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

he's a weirdo narcissist, i dont think he cares about good fighting games.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

of all the dumb historian fg stuff to bring up, the david sirlin / udon collaboration of hd remix is the stupidest

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

If it would be too difficult for you to find any sort of evidence by my apparent constant behavior, then don't make wild accusations.

That was over a month ago. I can no longer find the thread on Games discussion and don't have the ability to search. If I came off as elitist before, then I apologized. But I see no reason why I deserve such scrutiny just for one offhand comment. It's not like anyone else here has their hands clean in that regard.

Here's an accusation: fight me in kof 98

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Baal posted:

Rip Me

and me

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

someone should make a poll and actually find out what sas favorite fg is

quick, everyone post your favorite fighting game

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i can't pick one, so top 3 in no order

kof 98
gg xrd but i played more XX +R
ST

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Discover the Art of Street Fighter Vs Unmoving Shimmy in this Tutorial from PAN
NEWSTUTORIALSVIDEOS May 18, 2016 0 Comments

Anyone whos clocked some hours in Street Fighter V is likely familiar with a technique known as the shimmy. This...
READ MORE

That guysa genius, imo

e: he's also the Ken Howitzer guy

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 18, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Kof 14 demo build live at stunfest https://www.twitch.tv/frionel26

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That KoF14 hype vid makes the game look fun and fast. I hope the game is actually fun and fast.

i just hope it has loving less that 6-8 frames of input lag, jesus loving christ

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Has anyone itt played an early build of 14? I'm wondering which of the past games it feels most similar to.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't imagine thinking Street Fighter IV is better than Street Fighter V. Like Street Fighter IV was terrible.

How much sfv have you played?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was fifty hours of someone sticking an X-Acto knife into my dick. I kept playing because others kept insisting me to because it will get better once I get somewhat competent. I actually find the ten hour one a bit enjoyable.

That will wear off well before fifty hours

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

*walks into thread*

uhhhhhhh, does anyone want to play kof 98?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Fereydun posted:

names withheld to protect the innocent

https://a.pomf.cat/tzychj.webm

98 owns so loving much

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

If anyone gets kof 98 um or 2k2 um off that humble bundle or the steam sale, I'm down to play.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

reposting this

What's that xmvsf link again? Need the info..

E: I will play anyone in exactly 1.5 days. Sorry to the peeps I had to turn down bc of injury

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 4, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

digital foundry did a look at ps4 vs ps3 revelator (both are good they say with ps3 only having issues during overdrives and match ending sequences) but the real news is that they let it slip out that the PC version is being worked on by a 3rd party company and is due out around the end of the year or early next.

here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSJByTygWVA

and here's the guy's clarification from the comments when people don't believe him.

I don't have the ps4 Rev, but the ps3 version is really ugly compared to PC Sign. So ugly that I'm going to return it an wait until I have a ps4 or the PC version comes out. Not sure about frame drops and that kind of thing.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

FoxStrats posted:

Nintendo has been on a downward spiral since about late 2007. They realize that appending onto once-original-and-fresh franchises with trivially different installments isn't working, so they're attempting to woo their 90's fans with retro poo poo like rear end-backwards fight-sticks, if I can even call them that.

Nintendo was once great, but they refused - and still refuse - to compete in the arms race that other studios are waging on them, so they're losing a massive amount of fans; by assuming that their legacy would carry them, they've effectively granted the marketing department precedence to save some of the patrons Nintendo has left.

If that doesn't convince you, no other studio would come up with something this awkward and un-usable besides a titan on its last legs trying to come up with something new like they used to back in the 90s/early 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

this is the first ironic post i've seen you make

splatoon as an example of good netcA Communication Error Has Occured

A+