Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

really considering buying a recroommasters cab

anyone have any experience with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

marvel vs dead or alive

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

any place do reproduction posters from fighting games?

i found a bunch on ebay (Xrd posters are $140 bucks each, jesus) to put in my office where my cabinet is going to go

got this one while sifting through all the naked chun li wallscrolls

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

General Morden posted:

do you have a HQ version of that poster

because if you print out that version, it's gonna look p. bad

it was 5 bucks on ebay, i rolled the dice and we will see what china says

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

someone should make a poll and actually find out what sas favorite fg is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i have nostalgia for games that launched finished

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MvC1
VF5

Can't choose, so consider it favorite 2d and 3d

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

The PS3 WWE Brawl Stick works for SF5, right? Just bought it from the Gamefly used sale for $20 and don't really want to invest heavily in a real stick and still have that one I bought on clearance back in the day.

i think in legacy mode it works

also i have one of those (very heavily modded) but if you want to do a PCB replacement or anything it's super easy with the SE case.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

when is revalator out, my new "arcade cabinet" is gonna be delivered next week and i need more games for it

also was there ever a soul calibur 1 port for ps3? thanks to PS+ i've got a ton of fighting games already downloaded on it, but that's def a glaring omission

i skipped way too many college classes when i first started because they had a soul blade machine in the student center

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

there was a soul calibur 1 port for 360, a sc2 port for ps3, but no soul blade/edge port. that said the ps3 can play ps1 discs, and you can get a copy of ps1 soul blade on ebay for like 10 bucks + shipping

oh poo poo you're right. might as well grab bushido blade and rival schools while im at it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

stop shilling your lovely game here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

My friend and I both got SF 5 for the PS4, and I realllly don't want to invest in a new stick. I got the WWE Brawl Stick working, but it just doesn't feel as good as my TE stick. He got this Xbox 360 to PS4 adapter and claims that it works flawlessly. He's also not quite as into fighting games as I was so I don't fully trust him - has anyone here used it and have any feedback about input lag?

the brooks converters are 100% fine. lag is minimal, and they're tournament approved.

i just bought two of them and they work fine. i may sell them later and just install brooks pcbs into my cabinet but this allows me to be lazy and not feel horrible about it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Has anyone with a TE2+ had issues with it randomly disconnecting? A friend picked up the TE2+ that was recently released in Japan and said that it cut out on him once yesterday (made him have to switch to PS3 mode and back to fix it), and that it's apparently a known issue.

havent heard about it before, try tech talk on SRK and see what they say

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

anything else is blaspehmy

like those people who play neo-geo games on box layout

loving heathens

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Xrd was almost 2 years late

worth the wait

also oh poo poo revelator next week, is there a ps4 preload?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

edit wrong thread

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 1, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

oh dang does it play ok otherwise? i got it on ps4 and it's great

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Other than that it seems pretty much perfect on Vita, yeah. Really easy to read even on that small a screen.

yeah it seems like it's a perfect fit for it. bums me out b/c i really liked the vita, especially the really fantastic umvc3 port

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 2, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

My only annoyance is that select is pause, so to change training settings you have to hit select, pick the menu option called "Select" that tells the game "no, I wanted to press select," then do the same thing again to dismiss the menu. :v:

It's crossplay (at least on UK PSN) so if you still have your Vita, try it out. It's only a couple hundred MB, too.

oh yeah i grabbed it already and played it on my ps4, i know i got the vita version too but i've been lazy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I wonder if the multiplayer is cross-platform.

yeah, it's crossplay. which is good because otherwise the vita mp would be immediately dead

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw i put the movelist on the control panel

i did it as best as i could to look uniform and tried to get as high res an image as possible to get it. had to shrink text here and there to get it to fit, but i was just trying to make as close to an official sfv cab as i could, since capcom isnt making one

its not that i like sfv that much (it's alright, i get the bitching but i've played more broken games for a lot longer and i still have fun learning it), but rather when i was a kid and playing COTA or MVC1 and having the wild dream of owning the newest hot arcade game and never having to wait for quarter up

still it's a lot of fun so far, playing sfv on it is an absolute hoot

im building a PC box and setting up hyperspin on it at the moment, it runs ki maxed out so it'll play everything ok. have no more fun money so i'm gonna wait a long while and then try to set up aimtrak guns for all the time crisis games and stuff. im pretty sure you could map the pedal to a rock band drum pedal for the cover

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

That's pretty cool but what are you gonna do when all the DLC characters make your movelists incomplete??

not give a poo poo since i only put on the original cast

outdated and incorrect signage adds to that real arcade feel

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw i misspoke earlier i didnt design it i paid recroommasters to do it for me with the guideline of "make it look like an official SFV cabinet". i blame :420: and i didnt want to take credit for their work. it looks great in person and im very pleased with it.

i trawled craigslist for forever, and traveled down to a very old stomping ground of mine, Smiles in Milford, CT before they closed down in hopes of grabbing a good cabinet to restore up, but everything was just trashed

craigslist is all MAME abortions and big buck hunter cabinets with missing everything in my area, so i figured this was the next best thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dhamster posted:

Speaking of MAME abortions, there is an old MAME arcade cabinet in a basement lounge in the building next to where I work. I mostly got it working again, except a couple of the buttons on the 2P side don't work. Is there an easy way to take the plexi off and replace the buttons, or do the design of these things differ from cabinet to cabinet? I can take a photo if that helps.

gonna need a pic

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 5, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

how much $$$$$ did this set you back?

799 for the cab, $150 for artwork design/printing/installation of the panel art

i paid em to do it since im horrible with photoshop and a blind child could do better

btw the control panels on these run ps360+

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 5, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

799 including the controls and buttons? I'm assuming not including the monitor.

That's actually not a very bad price considering, especially if they're legit buttons and sticks. "Build a cabinet" has been on my bucket list for years but I'm super lazy.

yeah, i had a 32" tv that i tossed in there, it's all VESA mounted and poo poo and looking good

got the 2nd player side of the board working in PS4 finally using a brooks converter. Needed to plug em both in to a USB hub to get enough power to it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Capcom couldn't make a better looking one if they tried, sadly.

it's easy with this since they're not going to make one

also in other discoveries killer instinct is a million times more fun on a cabinet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh poo poo is GG tomorrow

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there a midnight launch on psn

if so i'll buy it immediately

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

whoop

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey Injustice 2 is gonna be announced at e3

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah superman was a douche

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Baal posted:

Yeah, but you could hold back to block.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i still had fun with injustice

its a big goofy game thats fun to push buttons and yell at each other not to hit you b/c you wanna try out the supers

as a tournament game its dumb and stupid but with friends not giving a gently caress i liked it

basically its smash bros but actually a fighting game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Baal posted:

Now see this is how I feel about MK because that game's more of a spectacle than Injustice is.

i feel 100% feel that way about mk as well.

injustice actually did a good job making it feel like it was genuinely in the DC animated universe with how it looked, and NRS does a good job of making a cast that i actually want to play through and explore

just replace nintendo with dc comics and it's smash thats fun and goofy and they take advantage of that by actually making a decent story mode out of it all

it's a niche but even the early mk games feel like that to me, and it's fun and goofy and who cares push buttons

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Baal posted:

Btw I would put MKX above Skullgirls in the western game tier list.

idk what i'd put below it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

clayfighters

oh well if you're talking old ones like that then ballz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

can you people post some examples of these because i do not want to sully up my google searches with this trash