Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

name:
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

real english title, aka not translated by the failsons at crunchyroll or something (all credit goes to Squark):
You thought your online game wife wasn't a girl?

what is it about :
loving bringing death to normies, also online gaming and harem (mid season edit: not actually a harem???) stuff i guess. who cares

characters:

OUR MC, THE HERO, WIFE GETTER Hideki Nishimura
-has wife
-has friends (see them for a split second in the gif)
-proud otaku

THE MAIN GIRL, HUSBAND GETTER & NORMIE HATER EXTRAORDINAIRE
-hates normies
-has acquired a husband
-no sense of netiquette
-stunningly incompetent at both gaming and real life

Akane Segawa
normie :mrapig:

Kyou "Apricot" Goshouin
-the guild leader
-"apricot"
-she rich

other characters:

the traumatic cat girl. using my incredible ability of watching the op, i'm willing to guess it will be the teacher so i'm putting them in the same space

Nanako Akiyama
there's a pink haired girl in the op, she has pink hair, she's in the lineup, she's either playing the game already or will start playing the game

http://i.imgur.com/pXrbtlj.mp4

Davincie fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm in

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

in before vinci fixes the op for 1080p havers

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
No I can't handle this burden.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

This looks like a cool show

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

it is

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Everyone in this show is incredibly shiny.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I was wondering why they would put a really revealing outfit on a male character, but then all became clear.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I can't decide whether or not I want this to go super-dark and scary.

Could someone explain the "Just like in that doujin!" joke from Ako in the most recent episode?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You know

That doujin

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be a reference that only she understood, because she's a crazy person. Perhaps explained later in a flashback or something.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo posted:

You know

That doujin

I get it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

I can't decide whether or not I want this to go super-dark and scary.

Could someone explain the "Just like in that doujin!" joke from Ako in the most recent episode?

Ako going full yandere or something would not surprise me in this series even though it's probably not the case. She has the distaste for society of Tomoko from WataMote and the near disassociation from reality of Rika from Chuunibyou. She's still sorta endearing, but it's a bit too early if her lack of sense becomes too grating.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The scenes in episode 2 where Ako was clearly not understanding the social boundaries the others wanted in real life was very effectively creepy. It's sad that Nishimura's wife is mentally ill (and bad at games).

I'm curious if they will actually explore this or simply ignore it in future episodes.

I hope he ends up with Schew.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

OP you should have made the title "Ask me about a girl who think she's married to an anime guy" The Anime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope this young lady finds the mental health assistance she needs.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
In all seriousness I expect socializing Ako will be the overall plot focus going forward.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Honestly, I find it somewhat implausible that she even knows what "normie" means, given how little else she knows.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Clarste posted:

Honestly, I find it somewhat implausible that she even knows what "normie" means, given how little else she knows.

Normies are the enemy, duh.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I hope that the series ends with everyone realizing MMOs are a huge waste of time and becoming normies.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
why does the teacher have a visible thigh gap and camel toe while wearing a suit

why was this popular enough to show up on the front page

why did i read this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

teardrop posted:

why does the teacher have a visible thigh gap and camel toe while wearing a suit

why was this popular enough to show up on the front page

why did i read this

typical normie

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

It's just a reference to a Japanese internet meme. A: "You're going to do something terrible to me! Just like in an ero doujin!" B: "No I'm not, Jesus Christ." is how it typically goes, according to the niconictionary, you're one stop shop for terrible meme explanations in Japanese.

Speaking of, this:

Is a reference to the Wall Punching Proxy Service, the people who punch walls for you when you see a normie doing normie things and need to punch a wall, but either don't have a wall to punch, or don't have the muscles with which to punch one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope Ako can get over her fantasy prone personality disorder

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I dont because I want a girlfriend who hates society and is a depressed piece of poo poo much like myself

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I really dig the morphing between dude persona and girl that went on this episode. It was cool and a bit disorienting, and I hope it continues.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This thread is gonna be like watamote where everyone gets angry at ako/tomoko because they are projecting their own self loathing and desire to fit with the horrid people that make modern society on them and want the girls to fulfill that ideal for themselves. Not me though I know ill die a virgin neet on a pile of trahs and hell, thats fine with me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Not me though I know ill die a virgin neet on a pile of trahs and hell, thats fine with me

High five, bruh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This thread is gonna be like watamote where everyone gets angry at ako/tomoko because they are projecting their own self loathing and desire to fit with the horrid people that make modern society on them and want the girls to fulfill that ideal for themselves. Not me though I know ill die a virgin neet on a pile of trahs and hell, thats fine with me

I can't empathize with a character who is bad at video games

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I can't empathize with a character who is bad at video games

I do, for I am Brazilian

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This isn't nearly as painful to watch as Watamote, probably because Ako isn't our viewpoint character.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She shouldn't call others normies when she's awful at the video game tbh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I felt more uncomfortable watching this than reading tomoko tbh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This isn't nearly as painful to watch as Watamote, probably because Ako isn't our viewpoint character.

:agreed:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

This show is loving amazing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

I hope that the series ends with everyone realizing MMOs are a huge waste of time and becoming normies.

please don't advocate becoming a normie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
instead of ako becoming normal i hope everyone devolves into a normie hating pile of trash

• Locked thread