Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

please don't advocate becoming a normie

part of not being a normie is having good taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Stairmaster: Normie Supreme

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's just a reference to a Japanese internet meme. A: "You're going to do something terrible to me! Just like in an ero doujin!" B: "No I'm not, Jesus Christ." is how it typically goes, according to the niconictionary, you're one stop shop for terrible meme explanations in Japanese.

Speaking of, this:

Is a reference to the Wall Punching Proxy Service, the people who punch walls for you when you see a normie doing normie things and need to punch a wall, but either don't have a wall to punch, or don't have the muscles with which to punch one.

thank you

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I will watch the first episode, because i hate normies

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

I will watch the first episode, because i hate normies

Same, but next week when it releases for everyone. I'm a dirty poor normie hater.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The first episode is already available for dirty poor normie haters like yourself and myself. Master is a pretty strong, and cool.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I'm glad that Japanese fans also have the concept of normie. International solidarity! :un:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Not just good taste that any plebe can have, but patrician taste developed through years of isolation and anime watching. :goonsay:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress normies

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why is the pay2win guild leader called Master instead of Apricot.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to write a strongly worded e-mail because I don't think normies is a literal translation

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Namtab posted:

I'm going to write a strongly worded e-mail because I don't think normies is a literal translation

Naw dude it's definitely a literal translation. Subtitles are never wrong

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'd rather they use normie than "normalfag" like the guys who translated the manga did.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

El Burbo posted:

I'd rather they use normie than "normalfag" like the guys who translated the manga did.

After weighing up the evidence I'm now only going to write a softly worded email

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Heck, agreed

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

I'm glad that Japanese fans also have the concept of normie. International solidarity! :un:

It's probably something that channers adopted from japanese net culture in the first place.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Riajuu is the original from 2chan then it was made into normalfag by 4chan and bastardized into normie by le reddit

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The original Japanese term is just an abbreviation of "people who lead a fulfilling life outside the internet," so I guess normie is a fairly reasonable equivalent.

El Burbo posted:

Why is the pay2win guild leader called Master instead of Apricot.

It's short for guild master. As for why, same reason people call student council presidents kaicho or whatever instead of their name.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The last time I heard the world "riajuu" was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWqhkBKd14

so what I'm saying is that get Hyadain on this anime stat, he knows his stuff

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

alcharagia posted:

The last time I heard the world "riajuu" was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWqhkBKd14

so what I'm saying is that get Hyadain on this anime stat, he knows his stuff

Cool callback to the Nichijou opening song right at the end.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Watched both episodes, enjoying the show. I hope everyone learns to hate normies as much as Ako does

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Watched both episodes, enjoying the show. I hope everyone learns to hate normies as much as Ako does

I hope Ako learns to, if not necessarily like, at least accept others' differences, and gains the self confidence to not be depressed about everyone else seeming to be happier than she is.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I hope Ako becomes a normie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I hope Ako becomes a normie.

She's already started talking to friends at school, she's halfway there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

personally i hope she goes full on normie hater

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Davincie posted:

personally i hope she goes full on normie hater

I hope she gets the other characters to become full normie haters too

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm torn between trying to accept this show as likely being about socializing this girl so she can better make friends and wanting to see how much further her yandere quirks can go.

I can't quite decide if Hideki is just genuinely being nice to a troubled individual in the hopes of seeing her improve or if he tolerates the creepier aspects of her personality that just made themselves manifest in real life because "A hot girl is into me... Yes!" because of low self esteem.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He's supposed to be honestly kind of worried about her, as a mirror to how he was constantly troubled over how incompetent she was in the game.

As I recall, one of the things Netoge was trying to push is that your online relationships can map to your offline ones pretty well.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
New episode, sadly I suspect the yandere vibes probably recede from here.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ako may be a terrible gamer, but she's a great yandere

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wow a wand, thats weak poo poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

El Burbo posted:

Wow a wand, thats weak poo poo

wow that hoshi shouko douj looking good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tbf her having an actual knife would make the whole club advisor thing significantly more awkward even if it would line up better with old japanese internet urban legends

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

tbf her having an actual knife would make the whole club advisor thing significantly more awkward even if it would line up better with old japanese internet urban legends

It was only a fake knife, but yeah, I could see the argument in favor of the wand misunderstanding.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

On the other hand

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

cute :3:

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

El Burbo posted:

On the other hand

dream girl

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

King Dedede Drooling While Eating
I watched 2 episodes so far. It's promising but we'll see. The introduction to the series seems to be over, so

I really hope they don't end up all becoming normies at the end of the series, would be such a bad cliché ending

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I just hope Rusian mans up in the real world and says he likes her outside of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Ugh, could you all stop using this slur against my people

Also get out while you can protagonist dude, that chick is a solid wall of warning sirens. She's like an E/N thread in anime form. In fact I think I've read that E/N thread.

• Locked thread