Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

Could someone explain the "Just like in that doujin!" joke from Ako in the most recent episode?

It's just a reference to a Japanese internet meme. A: "You're going to do something terrible to me! Just like in an ero doujin!" B: "No I'm not, Jesus Christ." is how it typically goes, according to the niconictionary, you're one stop shop for terrible meme explanations in Japanese.

Speaking of, this:

Is a reference to the Wall Punching Proxy Service, the people who punch walls for you when you see a normie doing normie things and need to punch a wall, but either don't have a wall to punch, or don't have the muscles with which to punch one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The original Japanese term is just an abbreviation of "people who lead a fulfilling life outside the internet," so I guess normie is a fairly reasonable equivalent.

El Burbo posted:

Why is the pay2win guild leader called Master instead of Apricot.

It's short for guild master. As for why, same reason people call student council presidents kaicho or whatever instead of their name.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

tbf her having an actual knife would make the whole club advisor thing significantly more awkward even if it would line up better with old japanese internet urban legends

For the uninitiated:

In 2002 a dude posted a thread on the Ragnarok Online 2chan board about how a girl he was friends with in the game had turned into a creepy online stalker. Dude asked another friend, nickname Ako (short for acolyte, her class in the game), to help convince the first girl she was being a creep. This not only doesn't work, it convinces her that Ako is a witch trying to tear them apart. It all culminates in the girl following the dude to an irl meeting with Ako, who she tries to stab with a knife before getting knocked out by OP. (I'm leaving a lot out, but whatever.)

The famous line is basically as it appears in the show: "Move, onii-chan! I can't kill her!". It's still a fairly common meme today, almost 15 years later. (It of course turned out to be fake but whatever.)

They made a song out of it too. This has been your worthless Japanese internet history lesson for today.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Ka0 posted:

The fact that they made a lovely song about it makes me laugh like an idiot. Where can I read the full saga.

Looks like someone translated the original article over here. (I misremembered some bits, oops.)

• Locked thread