Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

Congratulations Netoge, that's the second best "guy walks in on a girl changing" joke in an anime. :golfclap:

Wait, are we calling this Netoge? I've been referring to it as Netoyome because Netoge just means online games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Triggerhappypilot posted:

That's the opposite of how telescopes work ffs

It's an artistic license.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kytrarewn posted:

How do you decide which words to shorten? Based on Kanojo Ga Flag wo Oraretara ("Gaworare") and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ("Haganai") you would almost expect the shortened title of this one to be "nowajatta", using all of the particles and the ending of the verb. "Yahari, Ore no Seishun Rabu-Comedy wa Machigatteiru" ("Oregairu") uses the ending of the verb, but with the ending itself shortened, removing the "atte" sound in the middle.

On the other hand, based on Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata ("Saekano") and Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake Ja nai ("Oreimo"), the "first two syllables of the worst two words" theory holds.

In the case of Gaworare, at least, it seemed to be the production company or author that decided on the shortened form of the title, based on next episode previews always starting with the girls going "Gawo! Gawo!", but is that the case for the other non-standard shortenings as well?

I dunno about the first one, but in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ("Haganai")'s case, it was because it became "I have no teeth/no bite" and Japan loves their puns.

Funny side-note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQCX6tIzC4

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Ever since I discovered Fences, I've made something that is a nightmare of IT everywhere and the most meticulous of OCD people.

Not sharing, because I'd never live down what I have on it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Goons are very likely to help you if you offer them cyber roleplay.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Tree of Savior is basically the same deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Schwein's really gotta go in that picture.

• Locked thread