Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I can't decide whether or not I want this to go super-dark and scary.

Could someone explain the "Just like in that doujin!" joke from Ako in the most recent episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
OK, so it seems like the nucleus of the major conflict/breakdown is probably going to be the President.

Sette is obviously pinkhair, so Schwein, Rusian, and Ako all have close RL friends in the game. I'm sure there will be some romcom stuff with Sette vs. Ako, but I'd be surprised to see it as the major focus, especially since there was already the Ako vs. Nekohime-Sensei battle

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why does Pink hair suddenly like Rusian? Assuming she's the new character.

I think she always did, but her loyalty to Schwein came first. Hence why she was always trying to get the two of them to be friends, so she could hit that

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

VostokProgram posted:

Now you need to tell us which one is first best.

Haganai with Yukimura maybe? That scene lacked the immediate punch of this one, but the dialogue during/after it was great.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Netoyome would be the usual way to shorten the name of this show. As in: first two syllables each of two words in the title.

It's written like that: ネト嫁 (Neto in Katakana followed by the Kanji for Yome)

How do you decide which words to shorten? Based on Kanojo Ga Flag wo Oraretara ("Gaworare") and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ("Haganai") you would almost expect the shortened title of this one to be "nowajatta", using all of the particles and the ending of the verb. "Yahari, Ore no Seishun Rabu-Comedy wa Machigatteiru" ("Oregairu") uses the ending of the verb, but with the ending itself shortened, removing the "atte" sound in the middle.

On the other hand, based on Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata ("Saekano") and Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake Ja nai ("Oreimo"), the "first two syllables of the worst two words" theory holds.

In the case of Gaworare, at least, it seemed to be the production company or author that decided on the shortened form of the title, based on next episode previews always starting with the girls going "Gawo! Gawo!", but is that the case for the other non-standard shortenings as well?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This episode brought out repressed emotions in me.

On the one hand, as a former evegoon, I am inclined to be in favor of scammers, as long as they're funny.
On the other, I got my WoW account hacked while applying to a raiding guild many years ago, completely loving me over.

Xelkelvos posted:

Rusian has some good friends. Would Goons even be that charitable in helping a hacked account if it also didn't involve loving with pubbies?

Goons would absolutely help you out, even if you're a bad person and a terrible poster. I've been helped out multiple times in various MMOs, and there's no way you're worse at either than I am.

Still... loving with pubbies sweetens the whole deal (I'm not sure that there's a recent game that functions the way that LA seems to, with no bind-on-pickup or bind-on-equip gear and largely small-dungeon grinding for experience to a seemingly unlimited level cap. I get the impression from this episode that it's supposed to be like a modern reboot of Ultima Online?)

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think they just did.

Eh, more like PL than Goonswarm, honestly.

For one thing, they were competent at their game.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Kanos posted:

This is the funny thing about this show. The premise is these characters are all huge mmo nerds but their gaming habits are super duper casual relative to how far a lot of hardcore MMO players will go. They kind of reference this when they talked about the black magician's guild.

That's the funny thing about MMO players generally. The more hardcore a player someone is, the less time they likely spend on the game in any given week.

Of course, this is mostly describing modern western MMOs with progression caps. Back in the good old days, between world bosses, alternate achievement points, and so on, that effect was smaller.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This was a really satisfying show. I started off the episode regretting that the climax was going to come without actually resolving any of Ako's issues, but by the end I really liked how Ako and Nishimura were able to meet each other halfway. Nanako became a wonderful, strategic character ("Hi Bats!" "poo poo, we just used all our cooldowns" killed me) just over the course of this last episode. As did Akane with her blissful "Ran-Ran!".

So, let's do some math. 500 Tears of Yggdrasill -> 13 means Kyou used 487 of them. That's in the course of 55 seconds (likely a bit less, since the time announcement was a few seconds before combat actually started). 9 keypresses/second with a single finger for an entire minute is pretty damned impressive. I'm not sure whether or not I would have been happier if she'd bound it to three or four keys and piano-ed it instead.

I'm definitely going to read the manga, but I hope that the LN winds up getting licensed. I mean, hell, Yen Press licensed Rokka no Yuusha, they'll buy any IP, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

VostokProgram posted:

They should make a season 2 that's all about schwein

I was thinking this too, but about Master.

I mean, she's constantly alone, just made friends, is about to graduate/be forced to focus on entrance exams, and doesn't really have anyone to bridge the real/game gap like Ako does with Nishimura and Schwein has with Nanako. I was really hoping (Hoping isn't the right word, but you know what I mean) that the last couple episodes would be some manner of crisis involving Master rather than just "We need to justify our existence to the school so we need to do a culture fest thing".

• Locked thread