Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
If 2015 is any indication, welcome your NFC North champions, the Green Bay Packers:

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/720967494840614912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tampa has better strip clubs :awesome:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I hope the Raiders wear all silver for the chiefs TNF

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Prime time games:

Week 1 SNF Patriots @ Cardinals

Week 5 TNF Cardinals @ 49ers

Week 6 MNF Jets @ Cardinals

Week 7 SNF Seahawks @ Cardinals

Heh, no national games in the back half of the season :laugh:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

I hope the Raiders wear all silver for the chiefs TNF

Black on Black and Red on Red will look glorious as the Chiefs cruise to an easy 31-10 victory.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Having the first real game at the Vikings new stadium against the Packers is probably the right way to do it, although that doesn't make it any less nerve-wracking.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
black on black is too common, Cards/Panthers/Ravens/Saints have all done it and I'm probably missing like 4 other teams

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

black on black is too common, Cards/Panthers/Ravens/Saints have all done it and I'm probably missing like 4 other teams

This drives me crazy, especially the Cardinals. The teams that are allowed to wear black are the Raiders, Steelers, and Saints. Everyone else stop trying to look cool :mad:

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

computer parts posted:

If 2015 is any indication, welcome your NFC North champions, the Green Bay Packers:

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/720967494840614912

Why do people Twitter this now? This was known at the beginning of January.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chromatic posted:

Black on Black and Red on Red will look glorious as the Chiefs cruise to an easy 31-10 victory.
Chiefs should wear Yellow on Yellow IMO

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So the Chiefs have no Monday Night Games...

I'm looking, only 25 teams play on Monday Night this year. 7 have two Monday Night games:

code:
Washington
Eagles
Bears
Giants
Vikings
Panthers
Texans
So 7 teams have no Monday Night games... Working backwards here.

Chiefs
Chargers
Browns
Bills
Jaguars
Titans
Dolphins

I think that's right.

Guess no one wants to watch the AFC? I thought everyone got a MNF game.

This is weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Makes sense, all those teams you listed that don't have MNF games are in much smaller markets (or frankly are shittier teams) than the ones that have multiple MNF games

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

sam bradford lmao posted:

Chiefs should wear Yellow on Yellow IMO

FFS they would look like the kansas city mcdonalds

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought the idea was everyone got MNF game and everyone got a TNF game?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
^^^ Only Thursday Night Football to guarantee everyone gets a "prime time game" aka they needed more popular teams for Thursday games to inflate the value of it in TV deals so everyone is playing one.

Blarfk posted:

Oh AND ANOTHER THING

Steelers play Thanksgiving, Christmas (against the loving Ravens), and New Years Day. I'm sure there's people out there who are excited about that but dangit, I want to relax on my holidays!

I think everyone does.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/720770700542214144

same

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

WHOOPS posted:

^^^ Only Thursday Night Football to guarantee everyone gets a "prime time game" aka they needed more popular teams for Thursday games to inflate the value of it in TV deals so everyone is playing one.

I think everyone does.

What is more relaxing then betting the kids presents fund on an NFL game?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Because they wouldn't do that to Sanchez. Not again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also Peyton vs Brady was almost never in primetime. It was almost always a 4pm national game in early November for Sweeps rating purposes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Going more general, is there any reading out there about how the schedule is made? Obviously it's trivial to figure out who plays who each year, but other stuff like home/away teams, primetime slots, when a certain match-up occurs, etc. seems like a lot to wade through.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Going more general, is there any reading out there about how the schedule is made? Obviously it's trivial to figure out who plays who each year, but other stuff like home/away teams, primetime slots, when a certain match-up occurs, etc. seems like a lot to wade through.
I hope you like Peter King.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/720935086787584000

MrOpus
Mar 21, 2004

Filthy Casual posted:

Bears/Packers is gonna be super gross.

Avocados vs Oranges?
Lemons vs Oranges?

Maybe they should just both wear white in protest.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I think the best way to roate through NFL content is start the week off with peter king's monday column, then reach peak pretensions with Esterbrook on Tuesday, then drew magary's thursday column and then end with a pft commenter binge. Earthy, and hearty.

Btw what's the story with TNF again? Is it off NFLN?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Peter King complaining about the LACK of 1 PM games? Leave it to him to have the worst opinions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

First ten games are split between CBS and NBC and being streamed on twitter.

The remaining games are on NFL Network and every internet streaming site ever.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C-Euro posted:

I remember reading an article about this, there's a whole bunch of cool constraints you can put in. Like for example, I think they make it so the winners of the Super Bowl never play an away game to open up the season, or they're trying to minimize the number of straight away games a team has, or stuff like that.

It's actually a really cool scheduling problem.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I still can't get over how much I love Carolina's schedule. There's no reason to think this team can't make another deep playoff run, which means they'll go 9-7 or something because Panthers.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

WHOOPS posted:

I think everyone does.

Also CBS/NBC usually have the more intriguing teams

Thus, Titans/Jaguars is NFL Network-only again

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

RumbleFish posted:

I still can't get over how much I love Carolina's schedule. There's no reason to think this team can't make another deep playoff run, which means they'll go 9-7 or something because Panthers.

Same. Almost all of the Steelers' tough matchups outside of division games are at home for once

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The only date that matters is october 9th.

If we lose that I don't know what I'll do. I don't know if I'll even follow the rest of the season if we lose that.

Losing at washington I can handle but losing to the Redskins in Baltimore makes me sick to think about.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos week 6 TNF game 'mini bye' and a week 11 bye is a sweet combo. Also, gonna be going to the Rams/Panthers game in November. Gonna own.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bills @ Ravens week 1 is a game that Jim Ross would describe as bowling-shoe-ugly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos week 6 TNF game 'mini bye' and a week 11 bye is a sweet combo. Also, gonna be going to the Rams/Panthers game in November. Gonna own.

Chargers week 6 TNF game mini bye and a week 11 bye is a sweet combo. Also, gonna be going to the Chargers/Panthers game in December. Gonna own.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dammit I like your situation better. Wish the Broncos were coming to LA. :sigh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

you could drive down

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

There's no way in hell I'm doing that drive on a Thursday

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Raiders have the easiest strength of schedule for the first 8 games, and the hardest strength of schedule in the last 8. They only play one team in the first 8 that had a winning record last season. The second half of the season is the exact opposite, where they only play one team with a losing record. I'm very cool with this. They can afford to have some sloppy performances as they hit midseason form without hurting their record, and midway through the season, they should be well in the playoff picture, which will give them a spark moving into the second half. It's pretty much perfect. Now give me like a 6-2 start.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

It's a good thing the 49ers already lost almost all of their good players because the late Monday night opening game versus the Rams followed by an early Sunday game at the Panthers followed by a game at the Seahawks would have killed them all by the end of week 3 anyway.

Not that it fuckin matters because they're a poo poo rear end team and they're not going to win anyway but this is the second consecutive year the Niners play the late late MNF game week 1 and then go cross-country (Pittsburgh last year) for a 10 AM game. It's such an unnecessary lovely straw to pull.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
There's a full loving week in between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

v2vian man posted:

There's a full loving week in between

Early Tuesday AM to the very first game on Sunday with a cross-country flight isn't a full week for game planning and recovery purposes no matter how you want to spin it.

• Locked thread