Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

computer parts posted:

I remember reading an article about this, there's a whole bunch of cool constraints you can put in. Like for example, I think they make it so the winners of the Super Bowl never play an away game to open up the season, or they're trying to minimize the number of straight away games a team has, or stuff like that.

It's actually a really cool scheduling problem.
Ravens won the Super Bowl to end the 2012 season, then opened the 2013 season in Denver.

Granted, there were many complaints about that, so maybe a new rule was added after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Ravens won the Super Bowl to end the 2012 season, then opened the 2013 season in Denver.

Granted, there were many complaints about that, so maybe a new rule was added after that.

That was because the NFL dicked around instead of reserving the date, when the Orioles and Ravens can't have events on the same day due to parking issues, and the Orioles schedule came out with a game that day.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

lol at people who cry about the 10am thing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

That was because the NFL dicked around instead of reserving the date, when the Orioles and Ravens can't have events on the same day due to parking issues, and the Orioles schedule came out with a game that day.

The biggest and best sports league in America :patriot:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

Let me tell you about circadian rhythms *shits on keyboard*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

That game owned because the Ravens were completely bitchmade

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

The biggest and best sports league in America :patriot:

What does that have to do with the nba?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

The Chargers have 4 10am games this year, but three of them are in like a 4 week stretch after the bye. I'm cool with it.

@KC week 1
@Houston week 12
@Carolina week 14
@Cleveland week 16

Chargers gonna ruin my christmas again

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Chargers gonna ruin my christmas again
No silly, that's your chronic alcoholism

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

No silly, that's your chronic alcoholism

Is there a non-chronic alcoholism or is this a sick :420: joke?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm an acute alcoholic on holidays

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I've seen photos.

It's true!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Metapod posted:

What does that have to do with the nba?

The NBA is cool and fun but it was even better when the lockout happened and then you Durant and Lebron picking teams and then playing at a random YMCA. Also, watching Team USA is super fun.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

MrOpus posted:

Avocados vs Oranges?
Lemons vs Oranges?

Maybe they should just both wear white in protest.

Who are you? A packers fan disappears

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Pretty excited for the Colts to play at 8:30 on a Sunday morning.

Not too excited about them playing the late game on Thanksgiving, by then I'll be passed out or just too tired to care.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

sam bradford lmao posted:

That game owned because the Ravens were completely bitchmade

I'm going to remember that game for a long time because on a whim a friend and I decided to drive out to the middle of nowhere with a telescope and a $12 boombox to listen to the game, drink, and look at the sky. Managed to see the rings of Saturn with my crappy telescope and that was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sweet thursday posted:

I'm an acute alcoholic on holidays

I'm a pretty cute alcoholic at holiday parties too :kiddo:

• Locked thread