Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

zoux posted:

Me too, one thing I noticed was that the joke density was really low in the first four episodes. It's funny, but not afraid-to-laugh-because-you're-worried-you'll-miss-jokes funny. It picks up as it goes a long, I'd say 5 is the first really good UKS episode, and it stays up there (I like the trial arc a lot more than most people) but it never gets as rapid fire as it is in season 2.

I didn't like the trial episodes at first, but season 2 makes the reverend charming the jury horrifying. That bit with the phone call at the end made me shudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

SEX BURRITO posted:

She was pretty much a poor, non - famous version of Jenna in that show.

Well, I'm sold.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I loved season 1 but I have to say I had somewhat of a hard time getting through season 2, and I'm not sure why. I think a big reason is I don't like Jacqueline and this season had a huge emphasis on her. It also kind of seemed all over the place with the plotlines and didn't accomplish much. Still plenty of great jokes though, and I'm sure it will improve on a rewatch.

For me, a lot of it was that I wasn't quite sure when the episode was going to end on the first watch. Since UKS was going to be on NBC originally, it was in the normal 20 minute format, which I was used to. The longer episodes threw me off on when to expect what and I'd keep pausing to see how much was left. It didn't bother me the second time through.

Then again, I liked most of the season 2 Jacqueline stuff.

• Locked thread