Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm inviting all of you to watch an 80s action or horror flick tonight and eat your preferred junk food.

were trailers better when they just repeated the director and title several times?? n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvDo2JHB7o

quote:

Escape from New York
R 1981 ‧ Fantasy/Fantasy ‧ 1h 39m

In 1997, a major war between the United States and the Soviet Union is concluding, and the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a giant maximum security prison. When Air Force One is hijacked and crashes into the island, the president (Donald Pleasence) is taken hostage by a group of inmates. Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell), a former Special Forces soldier turned criminal, is recruited to retrieve the president in exchange for his own freedom.

other possible movies were tombstone and the thing. or alien. honorary 80s movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jim Barris posted:

I saw it projected off an actual reel of film at the National Film Archives in a double feature with The Thing. One of the best movie viewing experiences I've ever had. Great movie.

Holy poo poo. Sounds like nirvana

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rurea posted:

OP i dont own this movie whats the easiest way for me to view it without being a pirate

I'm gonna rent it in HD Through Amazon. Some countries have it on Netflix right now apparently

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've started the movie. I forget that carpenter scores his own movies too

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Found a cool article about John Carpenter making music http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/27215/1/the-story-behind-the-soundtrack-for-escape-from-new-york

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
... The name's Plissken.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just finished escape from New York and gonna watch They Live now.

I really wish Kurt Russell was in They Live

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Roddy Piper is Kurt Russell in John Carpenter's They Live.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparently my friend hasn't seen the Thing so in light of this I'm switching gears to that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I'm gay

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Baxter posted:

for more Kurt Russell goodness, check out Bone Tomahawk.

I almost was gonna watch tombstone originally tonight, causr I'm super gay for Kurt Russell, then considered the masterpiece escape from New York

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Watched Escape from New York and The Thing tonight. Started They Live again, likely will finish it tomorrow.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ruddiger posted:

Finish it now you loving pussy.

Sorry man I got too drunk watching The Thing. I got until tonight for my rental of They Live though.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I own The Thing. I do need to buy all of carpenters work on bluray though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That bridge is really creepy

• Locked thread