Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly wonder how anyone thinks "learning to ride a unicycle" is a skill that would provide any benefit to their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also unicycles are really easy to ride. Way easier than bicycles, since if you have any coordination falling off a unicycle leaves you standing upright

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I honestly wonder how anyone thinks "learning to ride a unicycle" is a skill that would provide any benefit to their life.

HAVE YOU EVWR HEARD OF CLOWNS?!?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Maggie still not into Manic Pixie Dream Boy

learning to pick locks to impress girls was exactly the sort of thing I would've done at the age of 13 if I had had enough perseverance to learn to do anything like that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bike tory posted:

learning to pick locks to impress girls was exactly the sort of thing I would've done at the age of 13 if I had had enough perseverance to learn to do anything like that

Yeah, I literally printed out a 200 page lock picking manual that I had in a 3 ring binder about that age, never read enough of it to pick an actual lock.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Yeah. If you ignore literally everything else in that post, this is something that totally could have happened!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Learning to pick locks to be cool is like slip n sliding into the furnace of a steam boat to lower your body temperature

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Skwirl posted:

My life is improved by this image.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

bike tory posted:

I was guessing this is could be where the unicycle came in as well, as another thing that would impress girls. Maybe climbing trees too, or maybe that’s just one of those ‘hAhA i AM s0 RaNdOm!’ / please give me attention moves.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

bike tory posted:

Picking locks is super easy, my husband learned to pick them in about a week of on-off practice with a kit from Amazon. He learned because we had lost the keys to a storage unit we owned and he just picked his way in and replaced the lock. He then spent a couple weeks unlocking just about everything we owned just because, including the front door of our apartment which was a bit concerning. But he seems to have never used the power for crimes (that I know of).

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Picking locks is a fun and relaxing hobby

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

venus de lmao posted:

Picking locks is a fun and relaxing hobby

watching the lockpicking lawyer is pretty stressful though, you see how short a video is and he spends 80% of it talking about poo poo and you worry he's not gonna actually get to pick the lock before it's over but it works out just in time every time

makes me sweat, what if this is the one he couldn't handle

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Arivia posted:

watching the lockpicking lawyer is pretty stressful though, you see how short a video is and he spends 80% of it talking about poo poo and you worry he's not gonna actually get to pick the lock before it's over but it works out just in time every time

makes me sweat, what if this is the one he couldn't handle

Lockpicking lawyer has custom lockpicks for locks that haven't even been invented yet.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
My mother works for a place that works for banks. You would think their poo poo would be secure? Right? I can open all of their filing cabinets with the loving ORANGE PEELER on my Swiss Army knife.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

My mother works for a place that works for banks. You would think their poo poo would be secure? Right? I can open all of their filing cabinets with the loving ORANGE PEELER on my Swiss Army knife.

The what now?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Desert Bus posted:

the loving ORANGE PEELER on my Swiss Army knife.

Do you mean this?

That's not an orange peeler, it's a can opener.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

venus de lmao posted:

Do you mean this?

That's not an orange peeler, it's a can opener.

An orange is just a soft round can of juice and chewy stuff

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

An orange is just a soft round can of juice and chewy stuff

nature’s ravioli

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Swiss army, 1870: Oh no, Hans,the Pope is going to be here any minute, and there are oranges EVERYWHERE! What are we going to do? We should probably develop some kind of specialized tool to keep this from happening again!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

TIL orange peelers are a thing

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Those are a good invention because some people (like myself) get an annoying rash from the peel of an orange, but can eat the fruit just fine.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Captain Monkey posted:

Those are a good invention because some people (like myself) get an annoying rash from the peel of an orange, but can eat the fruit just fine.

you give your Enrique a day off, I see

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

The Swiss army, 1870: Oh no, Hans,the Pope is going to be here any minute, and there are oranges EVERYWHERE! What are we going to do? We should probably develop some kind of specialized tool to keep this from happening again!

Peeling oranges somehow is a cure for a plague of oranges? I'm not sure about the logistics of this.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Peeling oranges somehow is a cure for a plague of oranges? I'm not sure about the logistics of this.

Pope Hans was not very good at peeling, and the college of cardinals loooove them some juice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Pope Hans was not very good at peeling, and the college of cardinals loooove them some juice

You don't peel an orange to make juice.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You don't peel an orange to make juice.

Well they can't just turn an orange into some kind of liquid-filled citrus polyp, that wouldn't do at all!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This thing lol. It is an Orange Peeler and it is super good at it but it also works as a lock pick.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Desert Bus posted:

This thing lol. It is an Orange Peeler and it is super good at it but it also works as a lock pick.

Also good for flossing/getting stuck popcorn bits out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Also good for flossing/getting stuck popcorn bits out

If you can floss with that, fire you're dentist.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Desert Bus posted:

if you can *fit* that in a lock, it's a lovely lock

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Skwirl posted:

We used to think the same thing about getting a cheap acoustic guitar and playing "Wonderwall," but it turned out that literally doing anything is a lot more effort than most people are willing to put in.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

venus de lmao posted:

lovely locks are extremely common!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5jzHw3lXCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJaca6MgrA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uje4pxfSlI

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

venus de lmao posted:

If you can pick a lock with a rake, it's a lovely lock anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you can pick a lock with a rake, it's a lovely lock anyway.

Masterlock!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, if you follow Lock Picking Lawyer, pretty much all of them are lovely locks. That guy can pick anything, and fast.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
At least he makes an effort to differentiate between locks that he picks in 5 second because they're bad and locks that he picks in 30 second because he's great at picking locks and has all of the tools he could ever need.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

One of the latest was a gym locker lock that he literally opened with a sharp tap.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ironically, one of the hardest locks for him to open ended up being a newspaper vending machine lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kWBZz7dFxw

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

First and last week as a supervisor