Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Hello new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Because as we all know women love being kissed after escaping a sexual assault.

Edit: it came from Facebook!

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Apr 18, 2016

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Trebek posted:

Reminds me of that goon that posted ridiculous stories about him working at a hotel and he was basically James Bond. He would play piano, beat people up and drive Lambo's over 100mph. The goons ate it up for a long time before the pushback became too great and he hit the eject button.

My general rule with those types of old GBS posters who made entire threads about the crazy stories they have is that they're all STDH.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/4ghAxNS
When I make a romantic dinner for two, I also plate the forks the same way and put glasses on the same side.

Only the finest grated Parmesan cheese for you, my dear. Would you like some black pepper as well? *rips open McDonalds pepper packet*

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Do you people not see the champagne glasses? Fancy as gently caress.

Filled with what appears to be not champagne, which is fine, but it also makes this look like a bunch of kids having a fancy dinner. Which is cute I suppose. But then you realize it's a plea for help on imgurr of all places.

Realistically this is probably some high schooler who snagged a previously opened bottle of wine from his/her mom's fridge and made the one thing they know how to make. I used to do the same thing with waffles, and I thank God every day that the Internet wasn't a big enough thing for me to embarrass myself on at the time.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Armor

Sister

Tomatoes

1. I told a story once.

2. I have a weird sister.

3. I made a pun one time.

These troper stories are becoming more and more mundane.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Energy is like money. If you save enough over time you can spend it all at once! That's how all the best athletes train.

Also adrenaline gives you super powers.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I have brown eyes that look hazel or green during spring and summer, but my theory is that it's mostly the sunlight and that I tan easily.

As a kid on the internet I told people I had one purple eye and one silver eye because I was a huge dork who wanted to be an anime.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

subpar anachronism posted:

even in his self-righteous fantasy he can't get a food service worker to acknowledge him

It was very important that the author passively racialized his fake characters as being black (or at the very least ghetto) by making them use words like "ain't" and intonation like "POlice".

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

walrusman posted:

Aren't those extreme coupon assholes usually fixated on buying huge quantities of certain products that have manufacturer coupons? And aren't those usually like 1-2 things a week, like one certain brand of sausages or shampoo? How in the hell do you take 50% off some random stranger's grocery order when you haven't used your mighty coupon powers to inform their product selection? It's not like there are coupons out there for just "cheese" or "whatever, just take two bucks off."

They're buying things in bulk, usually processed garbage food that doesn't go bad like canned soups or pop tarts or 40 bottles of mustard. If you watch a extreme couponer show their pantries are filled with poo poo no one should be eating, let alone eating for months at a time.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, obviously buying in bulk saves money over time, but I always hear about things where like if you buy some absurd number it dramatically lowers the overall price to where it's actually literally cheaper, and not just cheaper by the unit, to buy dozens instead of a couple.

It is and I'm not sure how it's done exactly. It definitely involves buying literally dozens of one particular item. The one episode of extreme couponers I saw the lady in charge bought 40 bottles of yellow mustard and a bunch of other stuff in bulk like pop tarts and frozen pizzas and prior to coupons her total was in the hundreds of dollars while post coupons it was maybe $60 for several shopping carts full of poo poo.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

quote:

Ok so I'm getting on the train and there are no open seats and I ask this lady if I could sit next to her (very politely and I soften my voice as to not frighten her) and she says someone is sitting here. So I go to the next seat. Now, less than 2 mins later a man (who happens to be white) asks if he can sit there and she says why sure let me move my stuff. So I have to say something so I ask ummmmm did you just not want ME to sit next to you ? Were you scared ? Not comfortable with a Black Man sitting next to you ? And she says lol smh don't pull the race card stuff with me I dated a Black guy in college. So the guy (who was a nice guy) said listen I'll get up and I said no need I'mma just take this pic and make a Facebook post about it. So then she says did you just take a pic of me ? Well I'm going to tell the conductor that you're over here illegally taking pics of ppl without their consent. So the conductor came up and said hey Etan Thomas love what you're doing in the community loved you with the Wizards big Cuse fan man the Knicks sure could use you .... And I said was there something you wanted to tell my man ? And she rolled her eyes smh some ppl I tell ya

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And that, kids, is how I met your mother.

How I negged your mother.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

FuckenPunchOn posted:

People on facebook believe that this happened.

The most unbelievable part is that lizard person's human skin suit.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Things managers know after the fact: where they hire many of their employees from.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Practicing weapon-based martial arts has taught me that, especially when it comes to knives, you're bound to get hurt in the process. Some historical texts even assume you're going to get cut in an attempt to do something, and focus on getting a less deadly cut.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

This is the exact scenario everyone I know who practices Kung fu fantasizes about.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Whitlam posted:

A few years ago a friend and I found a phone at a bus stop. We thought there was a decent chance it could belong to someone we knew since it was outside our high school, and it didn't have a passcode, so we opened it up and went into photos to see if we could recognise anyone. We couldn't, but there were many, many photos of drug making equipment and drugs, and a few selfies (lesson one of a burner phone: do not use it for selfies). We went into messages (because by that point we were straight up just snooping) and a heap of the conversations were deals, with quantities, times, and pickups listed. We dropped the phone to the police and showed them what was on it, who found it hysterical.

I mean yeah that bud convo is stdh but holy hell do people make it easy for the police to lay charges these days.

I hope this is stdh otherwise :fuckoff:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I'd also like to add that a weapon like a batleth is more than likely impossible to sharpen. Curves make your job much harder. I have sharpened both kitchen knives and swords by hand and with a belt sander because I'm a chef and a huge nerd. But not a huge enough nerd to make up a fake story about defending my animes from a level 3 Rogue.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

http://www.boredpanda.com/most-savage-comebacks-ever-heard/?utm_source=tina&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=viralagain

10 shits that didn't happen

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

My life as an extra in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

http://abcnews.go.com/US/grader-seeks-math-problem-solving-local-ohio-police/story?id=45614265

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU