Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Primetime posted:

I think it's because spaghetti is the only food that doesn't have a "fast food" equivalent (barring people's opinions on olive garden). Mexican food, for example, is much more involved to make but since taco Bell exists it seems like meaningful in these peoples eyes.

When you're trying to impress 14 year olds who don't cook for themselves you don't get called out for the fact that spaghetti takes like 10 minutes and zero effort to make

Fazoli's.

Which is still better than that, which looks one step above Chef Boyardee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

This troper would like to point out that fashion sense does not equal personality.

I think it's telling that they think this is a helpful statement.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
This thread pushes me more toward interpersonal violence than suicide.

Slap EVERYBODY!

And then get married or whatever.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/oOT0X

No, you did not get hit at 120 km/h and only got broken bones.
Why would she (or whoever) need to make this up? Even if it's true that the person in the photo was a victim of an accident, why do they feel the need to share it? And why go all out on the speed, making the whole thing impossible?

With that filter I hope she dies.

ok not really but fuckin' filters man

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Kryptonium

quote:

There are more examples, but I feel like I've lowered everybodies faith in humanity enough.

:ironicat:

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

Mormon

Plus, she had the habit of completely flying off the handle, like when I asked about polygamy ("If you bring that up again, I'm afraid we can't be friends!").

Ok Mormons are ridiculous, but maybe you're the rear end in this scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I don’t know how it’s possible to not get a joke when the source of the joke is one’s own brain

I had one of these. The fat ghost uncle said he was going to "lose 10 pounds" and flew toward a food cart down the hall while a curtain was closing. His ghost powers didn't include passing through objects so he ran into the curtain and was denied the food. I didn't understand the quip until I woke up.

Brains are weird, but I've come to think that the dream joke was probably just recycled from a waking experience, and my dream self is just bad at getting (even terrible) jokes.