Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Nothing illustrates "egalitarianism" being actually lovely for women like prefacing your statement of it with a sexist nickname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What do people who think a mediocre spaghetti dinner is romantic and fancy eat on the regular? This is a serious question. I'm not a great chef and it's not like I plate my meals, but what do you usually eat that makes that special?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My vagina is the Sistine Chapel of vaginas and let me just repeat that like three times.

Please, someone gently caress me again.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Paladinus posted:

Hello, ADD. I'm dad.

I am dyslexic, but you don't have to say the same thing twice.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It's also from store policies that allow people to use multiple coupons, piggyback coupons on sale items and do double coupon days. So few places do any of those things anymore.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Jim really loved making people clean up after him, so I just leave poo poo for other people to pick up on the bar in his memory.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Postal Parcel posted:

Take that you cop-hating BLM lieberals :smug:

e: https://www.facebook.com/Cwthomasjr/posts/1262375833773270

I'd need to see the couple to believe it, but this just reads so much like STDH

It's true. Asking not to be seated next to a group is the same as pumping 16 bullets into a teenager.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I remembered this Vox article from last year that interviewed the female part of that whackadoodle couple. From what I remember, the whole thing started out as part of her academic life and then she just enjoyed aspects of the life that she emulated and kept up with it. For those playing along at home, they wash as frequently as someone in "Victorian times" would.

Revisiting this, the thing that annoys me the most about this woman, other than the veiled racism and the way she says Gabriel all the time, is that it is not good historian practice to romanticize or cheerlead what you study. She seems to have made interesting and what would otherwise be poignant discoveries about certain aspects of life, like that her skirts serve as a way to help identify her surroundings, but by virtue of her finding only sturdy things left from 120 years ago, she is hung up on the fact that everything from that era was "sturdy" and everything now is "disposable" without having a critical eye to why that may be (the disposable poo poo of yesteryear was disposed).

Also, this is what happens to your kids when you homeschool them.

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Aug 17, 2016

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Reminders of those Victorian people gave me the rage I needed to finish this day, so I posted something on Facebook to this effect and ruined three more people's day reading about them.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ Yeah, there have been a couple times that I started trying to unlock some car that wasn't mine, though I imagine I would have noticed before actually getting seated in the car if I somehow managed to open it.

Wait, is it even a thing for car keys to be able to open cars other than your own?

Depending on the make and model, there are only so many unique keys that a company cuts per car, with a statistical model that says given the variation of cars in the US, the probability that two of the same keys will be parked next to each other and also belong to cars that are the same color is low enough that it's a risk they are willing to take.

The same thing happens with garage door openers, at least the ones that have the remote that clips to your car's visor, except a much lower variable, like 1 in 20 instead of 1 in 300 being the same since garages don't move. This is an issue; however, if you are a contractor building a subdivision and you get a deal on a lot of 50 for all of your houses on a block, you should probably test them to make sure the matching ones aren't neighbors.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
That receptionist? Augustus Gloop.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Woman Allegedly Refused Service Over 'Police Lives Matter' Shirt.

quote:

"Meredith did not want her name published [...] Meredith said a teenage cashier stepped away from the checkout line after seeing her shirt. She said she then overheard the girl speaking with a coworker. 'She was stating that the shirt I had in was basically a slap in the face to her and she was doing everything she could not to cry,' she said. "She made me feel ashamed to have that shirt in and I don't appreciate that."

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Honestly, it didn't even seem to me like a pass for morals, "Meredith" might have had something in her cart that the teenager legally couldn't sell her. Like you need to be 18 to buy a knife or large scissors in some states, or cough syrup. The lady was clearly over 18, but if the cashier isn't, the store has an over-18 rover to come and complete the check-out.

She also just doesn't look good. If it's true, she made a teenaged girl nearly cry at work and then she got mad because that made her feel bad. It's like when I watched that documentary about over-eaters and a grown woman described feeling hungry for the first time in her life. This is what guilt feels like, Meredith.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
No idea, it was years ago and probably some awful Lifetime documentary.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Electrical Fire posted:

It's been over 10 years, did we ever get an update about how the author is still seething about this injustice?

With any luck, she has two kids.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

pc lithman posted:

why would a man wearing a pink bow cause him to go around slapping kids at walmart

The blog post had him as some caricature of a redneck. The woman who posted it has a history of Internet attention-seeking trying to go viral.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

The poo poo that didn't happen is a printer ever working on the first try.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My Polish neighbor when I lived in France had lived through Nazi occupation and then American liberation in a small village in Poland. She screamed the first time she saw a black man, but she said he laughed and gave her chocolate, so her opinion changed from terror to chocolate dispensing person. When she told me this, we laughed together over coffee and chocolate and then she something like "who knew I'd be surrounded by them eventually!" And I honestly still don't know if she was being racist or just making an observation.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah I'm sure someone actually opened a gifted labelmaker and used it instead of putting it in the closet for the next holiday to regift to someone they don't like.

There's even a Seinfeld episode based almost entirely on how bad of a gift it is.

I got a label maker for Christmas two years ago from my girlfriend's mother and I love it. I probably use it twice a week or so because I label leftovers that I freeze with the date. And all of my storage tubs in my closet are labeled with what's inside them. What I'm saying is they are great gifts for the forgetful/organized person in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What about screened-in porches?