Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I buy the breastfeeding bit tbh, especially if it's a really young baby you don't just pop them off and put them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That is def a kids handwriting though

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Isn't posting pictures of your students' work on a public platform like that a great way to get yourself seriously reprimanded?

Depends how it's used but no, not really and especially not if it's like two words. A lot of schools publish kids' work publically all the time and a lot of teachers are actually encouraged to maintain their "digital wall" of kids work and poo poo. A lot of teachers also put pictures of their students and students' work on their private social media. Most schools get parents to sign a blanket permission slip at the start of each year where you can opt out of having your kids on social media. It comes down to individual schools' policies.

If you're posting kids' work and mocking it or something then that's a different story but also "lol look at this funny answer/funny spelling mistake" posts are very common and harmless.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Oct 26, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yeah at one school where I worked I used to send kids in my class to time out, which was over in the corner of the room "by the cupboards". I had a parent come in one day worried because her son had told her he had been made to "go in the cupboards" for his time out. poo poo gets garbled when kids retell it - this kid was 7. It's why police have to be really careful in the way they question kids and why kids' testimony almost never holds up in court.

Regarding posting poo poo online, I think it goes without saying that you don't post any identifying details but apparently not.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

And that girlfriend was Albert Einstein

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I find that one both more believable and more relatable if you imagine them both with heavy Australian accents talking about flipflops, which are called thongs in Australia

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

My mum insists that my sister was saying words by about 3 months, like "hello" when people came in the room and poo poo. She absolutely will not let it go.

So yeah agreeing with poster that poo poo to do with babies is very fertile stdh ground

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Human babies aren't like kittens, all babies can open their eyes right away unless they're Buddha made flesh again like this dude^ (or I guess if they have some kind of medical issue)

They can't see poo poo for months though, like I think it's a few months before they can even focus their eyes beyond things a few cm out and kids don't get vision fully equivalent to healthy adults until they're like 18mo. That's why baby toys are always bright contrasting colours, because otherwise they don't stand out from the rest of the grey blue around them.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ya sounds like your mum had gestational diabetes or something

Fat babies are the best though, my kid was a barrel by 2 months and did nothing but eat. His poor mother.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I was going to complain that this isn't the "my earliest memory" thread but then most of these are also probably poo poo that didn't happen so it's actually still thread appropriate.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/FiveiPads/status/1065800523348094976?s=19

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

freeedr posted:

I don’t know if this is fake, but it’s from a group for single-sided deaf people and is written exactly the same way the parent types and seems to be awfully suited to the way the group talks collectively.

As a teacher, looks pretty real to me. Like you can basically see the way the teacher has shaped it: pick three things you're thankful for, write a paragraph about why you're thankful for each, include two+ supporting reasons, writes concluding paragraph that summarises what you're thankful for. And it's a published bit of work so it's been checked/corrected/edited by the teacher too.

Unrelated stdh:

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1066127475309080576?s=19

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

That guy has the worst face I've ever seen.

Just wait until you hear the poo poo that comes out of it

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The most stdh thing about that is a principal in Singapore saying those things

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

It's definitely plausible this person has left places because there were too many black people was a single black around.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SkunkDuster posted:

Struggling, groaning and making gross rear end male noises.

i.e. me at the dinner table

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I never know how much the bar weighs. To be fair my squats are much in line with the twiggy straightboy so it doesn't make a huge difference.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm 300lbs and have an eight pack at 5'6'' so I weigh myself, then weigh myself holding the bar, at every gym to make sure I'm getting what I pay for.

Well I'm 6', 165lbs and have a 1 pack and I've never been to a gym that had a set of scales in the weights room.

Are you like as wide as you are tall?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

failing forward posted:

I am a teacher. We do stuff like that for lots of pedagogical reasons, but the main ones are 1) it gets students to think in a new way about what they are learning, which can lead to new insights as well as helping a student remember a concept and 2) because we want learning to be fun :)

This is probably fake tho.

This^

Except having it be anything other than extra credit is a bit of a dick move.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bogmonster posted:

Me: can you not touch that you’re really close to my penis! 

holy poo poo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

EVG posted:

So woke.

And the nurse? It was Albert Einstein... with a hook.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jurgan posted:

“there are no girl colors or boy colors” is not a child’s dialogue.

I've heard several kids say this. Kids pick up on and get really sanctimonious about poo poo like that. The stdh is everything else

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can we keep in mind that the issue here isn't how people identify, the issue is people fantasising about being discriminated against, thrown out of their home, rejected by parents etc, to the point that they make up stories about it happening to them on the internet to feel special. That's so hosed up it beggars belief.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hey who's this Donald Trump guy people keep talking about? I don't have a TV so I guess I missed something

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I guess apropos of the anti abortion march, this popped up on my fb

quote:

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

the gently caress???

Like, I know that this is stdh, but I refuse to believe that any pro-lifers would make a statement this dumb, and they say some dumb poo poo.

Yeah it's meant to seem ridiculous, that's the whole point. You're meant to go "my god, how could she contemplate killing the baby?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jesus it's legit weird to hear them say chink, n-word and human being like that. Broadcasting standards have improved a lot~

Also isn't "chink" actually historically inaccurate for a western? I thought that was more a turn of the 20th century phrase

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Jan 27, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

have you really never seen blazing saddles before?

Not since I was a kid.

Slippery posted:

broadcast standards?

Whatever you want to call the agency that determines how many times characters can say gently caress or whatever in a tv show/movie. In NZ it's called the broadcasting standards authority.

e: in the US they're called the MPAA, RIAA or ESRB

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Jan 27, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I don’t know if standards have gotten any higher when bbt is the most popular show

Do you think big bang theory would be improved by having the characters use racial slurs?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sheldon gets killed in Fortnite and drops an n-bomb. The blonde woman says "Sheldon, that's racist!" After the 10 seconds of laugh track ends, Sheldon turns to the camera, shrugs and says "Bazinga!"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ravenkult posted:

Some niche content: An author on Facebook spun a tale about getting assaulted behind a Best Buy a few years ago. Linking it because it's long af.

http://impossiblefunky.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-strange-case-of-char-hardin.html

Jesus christ why has this person dedicated themselves to what looks like weeks of detective work over this? Surely there's more harmful fake news around

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I actually had kind of the opposite happen to me a few times when I was a young bloke working at petrol stations.

Someone would ask if we carried whatever product, I'd say, no, and they'd ask it any other places in the area had it.

I'd say, "Sorry I have no idea" and they'd lose their poo poo at me.

How dare I not know what products are stocked at our competitors/their current deals/prices :argh:

I think there's a special place in hell for people who expect exemplary service from minimum wage employees

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It's also a government subsidy in that their employees often receive government assistance.

Ya this is the thing most people ignore. Most countries need to provide income assistance to its lowest income earners, so the only reason they can employ people that cheaply (and pocket the resulting profits) is because the government tops up the wages.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

9yo's can and do say that sort of poo poo, I'd believe it. The school I teach at had a 9yo who organised a women's march last in response to something that happened. It was mostly just attended by her friends, but still.

They very much take their cues from the adults in their lives still, but a lot of 9yo's can understand (superficially) and are interested politics and political issues - to the point of repeating the sort of stuff their teachers and parents tell them at least

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Feb 14, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

So, "they say that poo poo" but they don't understand it that well. Or at all.

Yeah I doubt there are (m)any 9yo's who have a deep understanding of late capitalism, but 9yo's don't have a deep understanding of much at all. That's why they aren't able to provide informed consent to anything and why they aren't treated like full people by the law and poo poo. But "blind consumerism [buying poo poo for the sake of buying poo poo] is bad" is a simple thing to understand even for a 9yo and when you relate it to environmental degradation and global warming they get it pretty quickly and easily.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

wtf is La-A

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh :(

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Who cares what people name their kids tbh, at best you're perpetuating lovely classist hangups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mng posted:

A lot of thoughts going on here trying to smear the good names of Key&Peele with no proof.

You joke but those skits they used to do making fun of black football names got lots of laughs from lots of white folks for all the wrong reasons