Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Takeout, breakfast cereal, frozen pizza, ramen, anything with instructions reading "remove film before microwaving"

I (briefly) had an SO in college that ate like that, and one day she invited me over to celebrate an internship that I'd just gotten. Said she'd spent a shitton of time getting everything just right. I get there, and in the middle of her coffee table, flanked by candles, is a serving plate.

I'll give you a chance to guess what this fancypants I-slaved-all-day meal was.

Hamburger Helper

Now I'm no five-star chef, and I've eaten some po-folk/lazy-folk food in my life, but I've never beamed with pride at my ability to brown ground beef and then dump poo poo in the pan. I was floored. At first I thought she was kidding, but nope. If social media had been around back then, there'd definitely be a badly-lit photo of a heaping plate of ground beef box dinner tagged #congratsfai #cookingformyboy #wifeintraining floating around somewhere.

drat bro great story, I hope you let her know how loving pathetic that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That dude wants to gently caress Jesse.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thin Privilege posted:

My sighs got louder and my eyes rolled farther into my head with each one. I don't know why this particular group was so incredibly irritating.

It's because in one he refers to himself as a trooper twice.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ghostbusters 2 was a bad movie. Ghostbusters 1 wasn't that great to begin with. If you don't agree you're a nerd. In this tropers opinion of course.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

This troper's wife most definitely settled.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That's a great troper impression you got there

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Samizdata posted:

Through hook or crook, this troper ended up with several lockers at the biggest high school he attended which were all over the campus. He would park stuff in various lockers to make the trip easier. Later he spun things into a timesharing arrangement with others, which funded his soda and snack habit whilst at school.

Sorry man, this is pretty damning

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Are we just telling our own troper stories now?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Furia posted:

Uhhh...

What am I supposed to be feeling/understanding exactly?

Disgust/imgur hates women

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yeah like, it's sad because my girlfriend committed suicide but wait, no, I just shot her because she left me. Perfect imgur joke, sure it got some upvotes.

fp edit: wow send boobs also did you know men are 200 times more likely to commit suicide and succeed than women? Let's raise some awareness people

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So just those two options?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Whitlam posted:

Sorry, should have clarified. It wasn't weed, it was ice/meth, so nah. I slept perfectly fine and will continue to. Also fwiw pretty sure the dumb person is the one who took selfies on a phone with lots of pictures and texts about manufacturing and distributing, and didn't even put a passcode on the phone.

Nah it was pretty clear, goons can just be stupid.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
God I love troper tales

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man I always figured having an autistic kid would be hard for so many reasons but one of them I never thought about is that they'd be so autistic they wouldn't be able to understand racism and then spend all day arguing about it on the internet. Real eye opening stuff here.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

RoboRodent posted:

owns a bat'leth.

RoboRodent posted:

not a goddamn moron.

Yeah right buddy

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Thank God Quinlan only checked imgur when he was stopped at a red light. So responsible!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Maybe you're just really undervaluing her juggling, ever thought of that?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Where's the packets of french onion soup?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yes, the teacher is the snowflake

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'll take the kid who brings his Bernie action figure everywhere over those two any day thank you very much

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

AlbieQuirky posted:

I want to shop wherever you folks shop that the cashiers aren't always commenting on your purchases. Half the time, people are either asking me "Is this good? How would I cook this?" and the like, or making hilarious jokes like "Looks like you're having a party! Am I invited?"

Trader Joe's is the worst for this.

Ugh one time a cashier at Trader Joe's asked me to name my favorite item from what I was buying and then what I did for a living and then what my weekend plans were.

I just want to buy groceries.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Because it's the meme used to convey the most basic of accomplishments, it'll be around for as long as there's some nerd out there summoning up the courage to interact with girl (forever)

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man instead of fam? What is this 2002?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blurred posted:

whacky vagina convo

I hate this person

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Really testing the limit of how implausible a story can get while still having a goon let everyone know it could have happened.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

EmmyOk posted:

They are both p clearly mocking typical STDH tropes, please tell me I have a tiny brain and I am missing your meta jokes because it's impossible you don't realise they are jokes.

I don't know, I could really see this happening!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gschmidl posted:

(which I'll believe happened but it fits too well to not post it)

I couldn't see this happening

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The STDH that are obvious revenge fantasies about something that probably did happen are always the saddest ones. The extra reaction lines completely destroy any sense of empathy though.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I can't be the only one who 100% games then threw away the game and bought it again can I?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Well I think this one definitely happened

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Did he just call his friend a dickface?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
White people looking for that type of validation don't care about racism they care about looking like one of the good ones.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So you're saying making someone wait an hour past the scheduled time of an interview reflects poorly on that company? Wow never thought of it like that before.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When it comes to tattoos it's always important to remember that literally no one on this earth cares about your opinion on tattoos. And if you ever find yourself in a situation where you're sharing your opinions on tattoos you've definitely hosed up in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

life is killing me posted:

I really don't understand the need to get tattoos and piercings that are visible in business casual and then wonder why organizations and corporations don't want to hire you.

The reality is, if you don't think about these things before you permanently adorn your body, you're basically consigning yourself to more limited options than you'd have if you stifled the inexplicable need to express yourself at all times, even in places where such expression is inappropriate.

It seems like you do care actually.