Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Can't forget this little piece of perfection:

I remember when that one hit Fandom_Wank. The mocking was glorious. I still on occasion wonder what that person is up to now, though it's probably being a Superwholock type on Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Kind of both. Two dollar bills are sort of a novelty currency, they're legal tender but you need to go out of your way to get them.

To my understanding, they were an attempt to introduce a new denomination that failed for either looking too much like another denomination or just never really caught on. It's been decades since I last seen one. However, depending on location, I've still seen the old silver certificate paper bills. They're still valid currency, but look just different enough to throw people off. I used to see a lot of those when I worked at a Blockbuster Video that had a sizeable senior citizen demographic. I figured so many of them freaked out from the bank failure with the Depression they just kept everything at home.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

How is it that I can’t remember anything useful, but know exactly what you’re referring to?

I know the feeling. I'll forget where I set my keys or phone down, but I'll easily remember poo poo like the water tank weighing, the childfree person who dressed up for a Harry Potter book release and was livid that a child got picked to open the box, or the polyamory guy who was asking for advice that his human wife was jealous of his horse wife.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Telemaze posted:

..."Horse wife"? Someone please elaborate, I don't think I've heard this one.

Pretty much guy was posting asking for advice on a polyamory board and it came out he was also on some bestiality forum and he had a human wife and a horse wife that ended up being hitting all the internet drama sites to where all you had to say was 'His wife, a horse" and people knew exactly who you were referring to. If I remember rightly some internet detectives at Fandom Wank sites were able to track down that he was working at a horse rescue and he might've been sexually abusing the horses. I think calls were made but I'm not 100% on that.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Telemaze posted:

Welp, I've been on the internet for a long long time but somehow I still didn't expect it to be a literal horse. I should know better by now.

At the time, I was thinking some strange furry or otherkin thing until the reveal it was a horse. I do remember him posting the horse was pregnant and he was certain it was his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The worst variant of that form of stdh are when they combine it with dr who roleplaying. There's a classic one where someone is laying in a jeep or something and has the tardis noise as a ring tone and somebody recognizes it and it's just awful.

I know one was making the rounds where it happened in a parking garage and ended up having multiple people recognize it and play along.