Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

hyperhazard posted:

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/4dxkwh/my_exfiancee_is_threatening_to_sue_me_for/

Person posts on reddit complaining that her ex-fiance wants ownership of the ring that's been in her family for generations. Ex seems cartoonishly douchey (hosed a coworker on a table she built from the remains of his childhood home after it burned down), but it happens.

The update, though...:rolleyes:

A lot of stdh but a gyno saying a "pristine, perfect vagina" seems up there with top things that didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Ah yeah that adrenaline and excitement you get from not doing anything for so long. It's a well known fact for why lazy fucks can outperform Olympians.
I benched 500Kg my first time thanks to that very fact. But it used up all the adrenaline so I haven't been able do it since...

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
One Direction aren't gay. Or is that the joke, I'm not sure what makes that event so funny.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I could totally see some guy being creepy enough to do that. Especially someone she met online.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...a-a7026811.html

Describing the incident as like a “Tarantino movie”, the film studies student says he was forced to lie on the ground as a man waved a knife in his face.

Instead, he leapt to his feet, snapped the cable ties binding his hands and attacked him with the first thing the could find - the umbrella.
“I’ve no idea how I broke the cables but it definitely scared him. I shouted at him ‘You have no idea who you’re messing with’ and the dynamic completely changed.”

This whole thing reads like stdh. A teenage film student is bound by cable ties with his hands behind his back by a burglar, yet manages to leap to his feet, snap the ties with his strength and deliver the cliché stdh quip as the burglar runs off in terror.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Xen Tricks posted:

Has there ever been any kind of research into the psychology of these weird blatantly impossible cult of personality claims? Like I understand you being a dictator but what's the point of claiming you're literally twice as fast as any other human swimmer ever, just shits and giggles?

He swam with the current flow so you have to account for that. Minus the river flow he would have only been slightly faster than the fastest swimmer at the time.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
What would have been the guys end game?
Carry his date out slung over the shoulder when she passes out in her soup.
Or tell the staff his companion has taken rather ill and become catatonic but no need for an ambulance he'll personally drive her to hospital.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

ParserGirl posted:

The story is ridiculous but most roofies make someone appear drunk, and work slowly enough that the victim is still able to walk and be lead away while their date makes excuses for them having had a little too much to drink. One of the warning signs is feeling far more inebriated after one or two drinks than would otherwise be typical.

And here I thought they were for use in the home, or in nightclubs where it's not unusual for people to over indulge.
Still poisoning the last drink after eating seems like it would be more sensible than getting it in the first before they even began the meal. But without that the story couldn't have had the date go on another 40 minutes for security to review the CCTV and the police to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Well I'm really surprised the entire story was true. It's got all the hallmarks of STDH.
That poor woman, it must have been the most uncomfortable date of her life waiting for the police to arrive.