Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Congratulations, you're a cheap whore :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Kind of both. Two dollar bills are sort of a novelty currency, they're legal tender but you need to go out of your way to get them.

You can just ask for them at the bank.

No one does because $2 bills are pointless. Sorry, Thomas :(

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Don't worry, he thought paper money was bullshit anyway. I don't think those were federally printed at the time, but he thought national banks were bullshit, too.

*adjusts onion belt*

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Nuclear War posted:

So, I had cancer a few years ago, and my wife's family (not her or most of her siblings) is SUPER into healing through prayer etc and to this day claim that it was their prayers that healed me and not the chemo and the doctors. Fair enough, they're amazing, charitable people and we get along fine otherwise. I make my views on Healing clear, and they accept that too, even if they do keep trying to show me and the wife evidence of healings so we can see the light.

On that note, my mother in lawsent me this: http://www.thegreaternews.com/blog/4/22/2016/cancer-gone-after-prayer-at-azusa-now-photographic-evidence-from-doctor as evidence of total cancer healing. Now, I'm not a medical professional, but I'm pretty sure someone just went to town on that first picture in Paint or something and roughly coloured over both kidneys, and what looks like most of the heart and various organs in black? And the scan was allegedly taken in summer 2015 so its a long time to live with that massive amount of tumours!

I'm not looking for a massive rebuttal to throw in my mother in law's face -although an explanation of what I'm actually looking at would be interesting- but I figured it'd be interesting for you guys in this thread. Anyone who's even peripherally involved with someone in evangelical christian circles will have heard stories like this a million times.

You may want to put this in the health care stories thread and I'm sure the radiologists and nurses there will explain exactly why this picture is complete bullshit.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Kay Kessler posted:

Who was that infamous fat-activist that claimed that they could run a mile in a ridiculously short time (a minute, mayber?) ?

thisisthinprivilege posted:

Thin privilege is being able to see a doctor about your knee fractures (genetic trait passed down from my mother) without being told that they are caused by your weight

I run a 4 minute mile and jog nearly 40 miles a month. I think my knees are in fine shape apart from this, and a doctor saying that I’m “dangerously overweight by 150lbs” (even if being overweight WAS dangerous) is obviously just trying to fat shame me and make me feel bad.

thin privilege is being taken seriously by a doctor.

It's a 4chan fakepost.