Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Farmland Park posted:

Yeah I'm actually Norwegian, and I was surprised that Americans found it so amazing that they had sausages with bacon in Norway. In parts of Norway we also have hot dogs with soft waffles as the bread.

We have frozen pancake-wrapped sausage on a stick that you can by in grocery stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ibntumart posted:

e: I'm feeling nostalgic... this STDH belongs in every iteration of this thread!
Holy Christ, for sheer volume of poo poo that didn't happen, this is unbeatable. Does anyone have the responses to this? Does this guy still post here?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lucrece posted:

Anyway, content! I'm sure this has been posted in every iteration if this thread in the past, but I love it!
The buff guy sounds like a male version of Lumpy Space Princess

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

I want to murder this person.

Same. The problem with some of these TVT dumps is that they're often not stories, but rather sadly believable things that the writers think are cool, but in reality are insufferable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why is this in the STDH thread? That really did happen.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I was talking to my roommate about this and we concluded that this might have happened (a group of people intentionally being as raunchy as possible in public is not really rare), but most likely it was a varied group of people joking around, which the author interpreted as a bunch of trans people seriously suggesting an orgy or whatever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/greghoward88/status/733330453420199936

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The most unbelievable part of that story is that anyone would give a poo poo about marginal ex-NBA center Etan Thomas enough to mention him by name.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Enfys posted:

"Some heroes don't wear capes."

They do know that we don't actually live in the Marvel universe, right?

It's a common phrase on the Internet

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/voldemortsbicep/status/719878711768690688

If you guys are gonna call twitter exchanges fake, at least bother to check.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, clearly it was an ploy where she had a person she doesn't even follow make himself look stupid on purpose, and not the kind of thing that happens on twitter every drat day. Follow literally any prominent female public figure (especially if they're in male-dominated fields) and see for yourself.

I swear this thread is so jaded that nothing entertaining could possibly be real to goons.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

A lot of stuff that slides into this thread isn't actually stdh but just stupid poo poo where you wonder why the author bothered to go to the trouble. Lot of content-type overlap with the idiots on social media thread

see also, every post ever made on these forums

Mostly the troper tales. If they aren't truly absurd they're just regular things that people with no life experience think is wacky.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

I love their usage of death glare. In all of their poo poo they treat it like a terrible and super effective weapon. In anime that might be true, irl it's just a doughy nerd staring at someone trying to look intimidating.

It can't even be very effective since he hates people seeing his eyes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cross post from IoSM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The real Jim Bob Cooter only ever drunkenly crawled into a strange woman's bed because he was shitfaced.

poo poo that did happen: there is really a person named Jim Bob Cooter.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Hopefully he's a better man than he is an offensive coordinator.

Excuse me but Jim Bob Cooter is the savior of the Lions offense

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dirksteadfast posted:

Of all the Troper Tales that have been posted, this is the most mundane. This would be only mildly interested even as it was happening.

Recently found out my brother frequents TV Tropes. He actually is autistic and I can completely imagine him writing some of these (no skull bashing though).

The ones like this where they probably happened, but are also literally the least interesting story anyone could ever tell, are the saddest.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

poo poo that did happen: my high school's theater kids did a send off of the departing theater director by Rickrolling the audience at the final performance of that year's play. This was three years after the height of Rickrolling. I still cringe when thinking about it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Run the Jewels lyrics definitely helped.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

constantIllusion posted:

What the hell happened to these people where they think beating someone up or berating someone is something to be proud of?

They consume a lot of media in which problems are solved primarily through combat, and like most Tropers they can't separate media from reality.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you mean "big score difference" like 3-10, or "big soccer score difference" where it's 0-1 and the newspapers keep calling it a humiliating failure for Iceland?

France won 4-0 and was dominant from the very beginning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Serperoth posted:

I guess it fits the spirit of the thread, but the Euro 2016 QF result was 5-2, not 4-0. France was the obvious favourite though.

Oh, I just remembered checking the score when it was clearly already over and didn't think about much time was still left.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This story owns.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

I'm just disappointed the game seems to be about going to a place, stand still, and look at your phone. It'd be nicer if Pokémon were everywhere, randomly. Like in the game.

They are everywhere. Pokestops and gyms are specific locations but don't have anything to do with wild Pokemon.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just think it's weird how many of those stories involve teachers when it's still July and the game came out this month.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RNG posted:

I was ready to yell "you can't catch a Vaporeon, you have to evolve it" and then it was a fakepost. :(

They are possible to catch, but rare
:goonsay:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hnnngggh this thread makes me... legitimately angry. Why did I just read 10 pages of it?

Why do you people do this? This is horrible for your soul

I can only do it in small doses.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

A Tumblr post that I saw today:

Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

My daughter starts middle school tomorrow. We've decorated her locker, bought new uniforms, even surprised her with a new backpack. But tonight just before bed, we did another pre-middle school task that is far more important than the others. I gave her a tube of toothpaste and asked her to squirt it out onto a plate. When she finished, I calmly asked her to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. She began exclaiming things like "But I can't!" and "It won't be like it was before!" I quietly waited for her to finish and then said the following:

"You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life. Your words have the power of life or death. As you go into middle school, you are about to see just how much weight your words carry. You are going to have the opportunity to use your words to hurt, demean, slander and wound others. You are also going to have the opportunity to use your words to heal, encourage, inspire and love others. You will occasionally make the wrong choice; I can think of three times this week I have used my own words carelessly and caused harm. Just like this toothpaste, once the words leave your mouth, you can't take them back. Use your words carefully, Breonna. When others are misusing their words, guard your words. Make the choice every morning that life-giving words will come out of your mouth. Decide tonight that you are going to be a life-giver in middle school. Be known for your gentleness and compassion. Use your life to give life to a world that so desperately needs it. You will never, ever regret choosing kindness."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Furia posted:

Don't you have to be friends with people on Facebook before messaging them? Is the implication here that Trump's bff wants him to drop from the race?

Depends on your privacy settings. Most people can receive messages from strangers, but it might wind up in a separate inbox meant to filter spam.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Somebody made a twitter bot that writes precocious child STDH, and it's great.

https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/780231172701892608
https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/785123408895848449
https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/784217437210152960

Also who the gently caress is Robert Reich and why is he always in my feed?

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/785265025418133504

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Are we following the same people on Tumblr? I saw this just a few hours ago.

I saw it on Twitter. It had like 10k RTs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Furia posted:

When are people gonna wake up that this is loving marketing?

The account it came from appeared to be a normal college student. I suppose they could've been paid by Hershey or something but it seemed more like an easy attention grab.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I like that they had no faith in the generation who can't even drive yet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Thank God Nestle did this, really redeems them for all the dead babies and dominating water sources in developing nations

E: sth nestle are cunts, don't support them

Kit Kats are made by Hershey's in the US.

Also Nestle's baby killing generates my delicious Crunch bars.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Danaru posted:

Imagine not only thinking it's cool to ruin the day of a child because they were a child, but thinking it's cool to BRAG about doing it :psyduck: Like not only why would you DO that, but why would you make up a story about doing it and tell people?

Sportswriter Peter King actually did this. He stole a foul ball from a child at spring training (the kid had gotten into a restricted area or something) and wrote a column about it and about how he loved his job.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I lived in chicago for over 25 years and never heard the term "downstate."

I've lived here for two and I've heard or read it a bunch of times, usually in the context of newspaper articles that refer to towns south of Chicagoland (or sometimes to avoid repeating "Springfield").

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fuckin wannabe Kenneth from 30 Rock

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I know this doesn't need to be said, but who puts their wife in their phone as "My Wife"?

A big fan of Borat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The explanation that people have specifically said they were afraid of him being a rapist on four separate occasions is an amazing self-own.