Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chitoryu12 posted:

Is a "deconstructed Tequila Sunrise" separate glasses of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine drank individually?

It's the lyrics and tabs for Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles printed on edible blotter paper that has soaked up tequila /orange juice / genadine but just enough to taste and not enough to get drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
poo poo that never happens: posting STDH with a fully charged phone.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:argh: You Messicans come over here stealing all the convenience store jobs. Yo quireo uno [ producto ]
:ese: Uno Producto? I got you fam:
:argh: Wait, you speak English?
:ese: Yes, I've been in America for 30 years after leaving Chile.

:clint::hf::clint:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paladinus posted:

Standard and Poors 500 has annual dividends of about 2-2.5%. In 40 years it would turn $200 million into roughly $550 million tops.

A share of S&P 500 in 1976 would cost around $100, today they cost over $2,100. $200 million would turn into $4 billion, not counting reinvestment of dividends.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bertrand Hustle posted:

19 different pistols, you guys. Plus ten more guns. And this guy ran totally normal and was in no way huffing and puffing and drenched in sweat because twenty-nine firearms and several dozen magazines of ammo don't actually weigh anything despite being made primarily out of metal. Also, they have no physical dimensions at all and there's no way you'd see some evidence that a guy was carrying almost thirty guns and as many extra magazines under his clothing. Hoodies are basically portals to alternate dimensions.

MythBusters did a bit where they tested if the Doom Marine could run around carrying all of the weapons and gear. A strong and fit military man can move pretty fast even carrying all that crap.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chitoryu12 posted:

Bruce Lee carried a .357 Magnum and always said that it was the best form of defense against someone who actually meant you harm. Therefore, the best martial art is shooting people.

Brandon Lee found out the hard way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Haifisch posted:

Goons are old enough that their families have finally cut off the really weird ones, or at least started locking up the panties.

Goons are getting old enough that the Goons are the parents locking up the panties.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jerry Cotton posted:

They put on the bit that controls the flow of the drip (a bit of plastic beneath the bag) backwards on my grandma back in the eighties and she got a massive dose of morphine. Not enough to kill her but she was well out of it for the rest of the day. At least that's what they said they'd done when they were explaining why she was all drugged up :shrug:

Nana wanted to get trippy so she was hammering the happy juice button.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Darth Windu posted:

My friend from high school became a nuclear machinist for the navy. Nearly failed senior year physics because his calculator was unknowingly in radians instead of degrees for the entire semester, but made it up when the final was symbolic solutions only. I guess he fit right in.
At least learning in rads got him ready for nuke school :haw:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

goose willis posted:

If the diaper is empty that means poo poo didn't happen
:chanpop:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

piss explosion posted:

I found the most stdh part of this is that there's actually a shop out there called "piggly wiggly"

Piggly Wiggly is found in the deep south, and was the first grocery store to put all of the goods on shelves for shoppers to choose. Before that, shoppers gave a list to a clerk, and the clerk would retrieve the stuff from the back to fill the bill of goods.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Well the pigglies that I've been to are all in the south, northeast I associate with Stop and Shop and A&P

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The easiest vitamin C supplement is drink some orange juice like twice a week.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jay Rust posted:

That's what free health care gets you, nurses who can't tell when a patient is drunk

Now it's possible someone badly injures themselves while sober and then drinks some alcohol to kill the pain before going to the ER (and the 2 hour wait). Now if the question was supposed to be "Are you under the influence of alcohol right now?" before administering pain killers, yeah, poo poo move there nurse.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fathis Munk posted:

Love how in the last paragraph the narrator loses track of who he's supposed to be, suddenly becoming a student in the class.

Evolution in action :smug:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

poptart_fairy posted:

So what's your #CrotchSpawn tumblr.

Mine is @womenwonttouchmeanyway

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dressed well for Sunday lunch? The tip will be a pamphlet letting me know that money doesn't matter when all I need is Jesus.

Well tell Jesus to pay my rent.

Now that I'm long past waiting tables I always tip well.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

"I'm a creepy violent psycho who is especially creepy around girls"

"As we danced she was exactly six inches away, if you know what I mean :smug:"

"I mean six inches is enough space to change from direct facing stance to three quarters stance while directing a power strike to the sternum."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wait... why do you need papers signed by a doctor to say that you're allergic to your own carpet? No treatment thanks, just a note will do.

My guess is to get health insurance to pay for removing the carpet.

Just a guess, because with STDH anything goes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Dumbo rides are built for parents to ride along with their kids, even more proof of stdh.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I counter your "I want to talk with a manager" with "Actually, I am the manager."

BOOM 5 damage

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paladinus posted:

Whenever I see someone wearing a t-shirt, I immediately approach them and ask about intricacies of producing t-shirts, printing techniques, materials being used, international trade agreements, etc., until I prove conclusively they don't deserve to wear clothes. loving casuals. Learn something about things you wear maybe.

'Uhm, I guess it's like acrylic paint, ha-ha'

You moron.

I have a friend who worked in the screenprinting biz and he would point out stuff like that, but in a nice informative way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I know I've brought this up in this thread before but in one of my classes in high school one of the kids was diabetic and the substitute teacher yelled at him and told him he would confiscate his Gameboy when in actuality the kid was testing his glucose levels with some primitive 2003-era tester. The substitute definitely went beet red when the kid was like "it's not a Gameboy, I'm diabetic" and the whole class laughed at the sub

I mistook an always active glucose monitor for a first gen iPod back when the iPod was new.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Property Brothers: The Dead Files.

The crossover that will re-define television.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

burial posted:

I know what the term means in general usage, I just don’t know why it’s in quotes there. I don’t think it usually is? so adding them makes it seem like either an error or a strange dog whistle.

Like if I were to put up a sign that says “‘fresh’ sandwiches sold here,” you’d go “wait, why are there quotes around that? are they not ACTUALLY fresh?”
I think it means the sandwiches dress slutty and talk back.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Antivehicular posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_(prayer)

Fairly common among many denominations, usually referred to as "saying grace." Also fairly common at a lot of not-officially-Christian-but-functionally-so American social groups, like the Girl Scouts, who taught me every grace I know. (Everything beyond "rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, yay Lord" is pointless showmanship IMHO.)
I'm partial to "Good bread, good meat, good God, let's eat!"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Butt Detective posted:

I was kind of pleasantly surprised by that one. I was expecting the usual “child wants my game, mum demands I give it to him because I’m a grown man and shouldn’t be playing kids games, I go off on some big spiel”, but instead it was cute, even if it’s still probably stdh.

Yeah, it started out like a child free rant but turned into "here you go little dude" :3:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheMostFrench posted:

They call this one the Sanchez Spinner, because the head comes off due to the rotational force of taking a turning knee to the face.

I know this because...I taught it to him. I am Big Sanchez.
That fighting technique seems unfair. Maybe even... dirty.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mastodon Compound posted:

This is how i've been reading it for years, amd every post about incels still made sense.

Bitcoiners and incels both spend way too much on graphic cards.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Poor grandpa 238-44-3816, after a lifetime of being ridiculed for his name he now gets his pizza late because of it too.

At least Grandpa 420-69-1488 could just go by Grandpa Weed Sex Racist.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You found Weedlord Bonerhitler's social?

Haha holy poo poo I didn't even plan that and it works perfectly

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

tight aspirations posted:

When you know when you know, you know, you know when you know, you know.

Thank you for calling "Thank You For Calling, How May I Help You", how may I help you?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The kid is just ready for the Red Recess.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Decrepus posted:

Imagine having so little contact with humans that hearing people post the lock/key analogy online is enough to ignite the your imagination.
He just proved that he's a tool.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Splicer posted:

Please tell me the comments are people patiently explaining what coffins are and what they're for.

They are the reason it's always so loud in a funeral home.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dixville posted:

poo poo Crystles vs JO Crystals: who will win?

Fecalphiliac Onanists

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I worked at Target for about a year when I was in college. I have not worn red polos or khakis since.
I also worked at Target for about a year. I gave my red Target tee shirt to my dad and he likes to wear it to Walmart just to be a weirdo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Slippery posted:

More like Turkey to keep building F-35 widgets for five years

So the robots won't work in the rain?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stoatbringer posted:

They do seem to get terribly upset very easily at the most trivial things.
"What do you mean I can't be an rear end in a top hat?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

I always see them by the entrance/exit but never like patrolling the place. They've also always looked like they couldn't give less of a poo poo what was going on in the store either.

As someone who worked at Target, your thoughts are correct. The security gives zero fucks.