Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think you guys are really stretching it with that picture. It's just a couple plates of spaghetti and some Champaigne or whatever. I've seen plenty of pictures/posts of people talking about their SO making them dinner with a mediocre photograph on Facebook and nobody gives a poo poo about the quality of the photo, or food, or whether the bra in the background was a fat lady's bra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah, as sad as the spaghetti looks, it is sometimes an easy thing to cook. And indeed it could be some sweet kid who doesn't know how to cook anything else cooking up a sweet dinner for her boyfriend.

What is really sad, and awkward is the pimping out of the photo for internet points. The convoluted story, (I have a girlfriend, I really do), the desperation, (please like me, whoops I mean her. It is so important for her that you click the like button.), and the fact that it is probably all staged make it a thousand times worse than just a picture of some mediocre food.

I think the photos of "My bae took this while I was sleeping" and in the mirror you can clearly see the guy holding up the phone with his feet are more pathetic frankly.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Someone started sharing "The adult side of Tumblr" on my Facebook feed and it is ripe with STDH ( and clickbait).

I don't want to be all 'kids these days' but I can't help but wonder if a generation that grew up on participation trophies is especially prone to milking praise on Tumblr over the most mundane thing. They'll share a story of how they stood up for themselves or something and everybody is tripping over themselves on how awesome they are. Like they would have the guts to remind the MacDonald's employee they didn't want pickles in their Big Mac :rolleyes:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Byzantine posted:

Overtly sexual behavior in 16 year olds is a sign they are 16 years old.

Cyberia's right. Victims of sexual abuse tend to normalize outward sexual behaviors in ways that are different from just typical hormonal teenagers. And since teachers are mandated reporters, they need to err on the side of caution to avoid being on the wrong side of any laws.