Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Like seven layer dip stdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Also the salt keeping witches away is super old too. Like, has no one seen Hocus Pocus?

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My husband sat up and talked in bed asleep so much his mom reflexively woke up almost every night to go push him back down flat. I started sleeping with a leg over his chest.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Besesoth posted:

The problem is how beholden the US political right is to the NRA and related gun lobbyists. Here's how it works:

Immediately after a school shooting, they say, "You're trying to politicize this tragedy. This isn't the time to talk about this."

NOT immediately after a school shooting, they say, "Well, nothing's happened recently, so you're over-reacting."

And conservatives - from street level all the way up to the White House - buy it, hook line and sinker, every single time.

Nothing gets done about school violence because the NRA makes absolutely god drat sure that kids' lives are less important than MAH GUNZ to half of the US population, including the group that controls Congress and the White House.

Don't forget the "we don't know that gun control would even STOP these horrible tragedies" line :psyduck:

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Adverbs, so many adverbs. How is that better?

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Volcott posted:

Has polyamory ever worked out? Like, even once?

I have three sets of poly friends. They were poly when they got together, got married, were still poly after getting married, and are poly now. Actually, one from one marriage is dating another from another marriage. They all seem very happy. Sometimes they come over to our monogamous household and ask for advice or vent worries and we're always supportive and non-judgmental because why would we be anything else? I definitely don't "get it" but they all are genuinely well-adjusted, kind people and seem to be doing something right since they've all been together for nearly as long as I've known them. I think it works sometimes, but I think like anything else if you don't have support and aren't honest, then everything just falls the gently caress apart.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Japanese speakers literally complain about this same poo poo when trying to learn English.

Edit vvv Precisely.

The best language is Esperanto and I will hear no word against it.

don longjohns has a new favorite as of 07:55 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I am a teacher. We do stuff like that for lots of pedagogical reasons, but the main ones are 1) it gets students to think in a new way about what they are learning, which can lead to new insights as well as helping a student remember a concept and 2) because we want learning to be fun :)

This is probably fake tho.