Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Digirat posted:

I find them pretty funny personally. They are loving terrible and that's a fine measure of quality in this thread.

yeah troper tales are fine in my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

seeing tumblr dive headfirst into being anti-feminist because their guy lost never fails to amuse

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Stuntman posted:

That's Twitter.

:downs:
lol I'm an idiot. I mean my point stands about tumblr as well, but yeah I'm still super dumb.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

quote:

not a joke pls reblog
my abusive dad thought itd be funny to put his autistic son out on the streets of new york on april fools and torture our whole family woot
so anyways i need help! im being booted from my home today most likely with little belongings and under 300 dollars to my name, which isnt enough to get to anyone who can help me or would even reasonably take me in, as my partners are either across the northern border or in florida.
i cannot, at all, be put out on the streets. i am half blind, autistic, and transgender. i cannot defend myself unless i somehow manage to bludgeon someone with my bag. i need to find a place to stay til i can get to either of them, which should only be about a week or two.
so if you or any of your followers are on long island new york or even in the city (i can access penn station so i can get there.) and are willing to let someone crash for a bit please hit me up thank you
tl;dr hey new yorkers wanna take in a blind trans kid?

it hits every single note

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Why the hell is this an artifacted to hell screenshot of a story written on an iPhone's Notes app?! Surely you can find a better medium.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

the first time i read that i thought that the person texting dudebro there was Monica and was badgering him for chasing after her girlfriend.

I was very confused.

if you're gunna make up a dumb textchain, at least make it obvious who's who

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Honestly I wonder if the best tactic isn't to simply increase the minimum card count to 30. It'll increase RNG and also some less played cards as well.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Huh. I do like the obvious frustration the police spokesperson had. That her driving off instead of contacting the police made it impossible for them to arrest the guy, or prove anything, or prosecute the thief :v:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I'm just choosing to pretend this page didn't happen, Jesus Christ people.

The Iron Rose has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Dec 21, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Wonder Woman is great because of the example it sets, but there is a weird tendency to dismiss how otherwise standard it is because if that. Snappy quips, origin story, video game boss climax, etc.

I loved Atomic Blonde for how matter of fact my it treated the main character, but then we get a cringey sex scene whose first priority is titillation, followed by the love interest being killed off to give her some motivation. Felt pretty jarring to swerve into that stuff when it's got really strong material otherwise.

That's because Atomic Blonde is straight up lesbian James Bond. Which is fantastic, so long as you're cool with Bond tropes.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Gambor posted:

I know this is from last page, but whatever.

They could have ended Wonder Woman by having her realize that killing one entity won't end war and deciding to save the people she can instead of trying to be an agent of retribution. Like if, say, they made it so that she had to leave Ares behind to go save her squad buddies or something. You know, something that meshes with the point of the movie rather than saying that war is part of human nature, but then having WWI end when she kills Ares.

also I don't particularly think PG13 movies and war movies mix together terribly well.

You're doing a movie about the horrors of war and you can't even show any blood.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Okay, see, this is the sort of thing I was encouraging. Instead of just saying "It sucks", I wanted someone to put a little thought into how it could be better.

Well, the studio says it has to be PG-13. Otherwise, no movie. Let me think about it a bit...

Oh I get why, and the result was a very profitable and very successful movie that I just didn't particularly like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

turn up thread