Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

go funk yourself

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mark Hamill has already conquered the Star Wars collectible niche.

He has warehouses containing one of literally every Star Wars toy, because he put that in his contract

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

That's a smart dude right there. Does that go all the way back? He was only 24 when filming began and that's one hell of a move on a contract.

He read the script, saw there were robots and laser swords and poo poo, and figured that there'd be a few good toys in it.

Didn't expect there to be a million different thing made, or that the early stuff would be worth tons of money

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah William Shakespeare didn't write any of those plays, it was someone else with the same name.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Newton's 'blue' is what we call cyan and his 'indigo' is what we call blue

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

you're not getting the reference?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

I have definitely been using Google calendar for more than 5 years, and my partner is still using her iPhone 5 from 2012.

Up until a couple weeks ago I was using a phone from 2010

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its one of those professions like car mechanic where most people don't know much about the service they're getting so its real easy for them to tack on extra stuff.

Yeah it's one of the perfect examples of a moral hazard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixo0V6rNqi0

a lotta rear end in a top hat dentists inventing problems

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

So I had a funeral in my Calendar for this Saturday and I was very stressed out because I didn’t know whose it was and I was afraid I was going to miss it. Then I realized that it was part of my 60 year plan and I set it like 50 years ago. It’s my funeral, I’m missing my funeral.

lol if you don't set that alert every workday

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PUN TO MEET YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah it's a way of dressing up super mediocre gags.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

:ssh: Lots of people with education degrees aren't that bright:ssh:

It's a very easy major. The education graduates have the lowest SAT scores when entering college, and also the highest college GPAs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's easier to operate if you assume that everyone has the same beliefs as you, and if they claim anything else they're just lying for personal gain.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Clearly she should throw a fake funeral, and stuff some cold cuts into the coffin for added credibility.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Crystles are more maygckal than crystals.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/WriteinBK/status/1083367354678022144

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Rome is well known for being exactly the same as it always was.

Uh duh that's why they call Rome the ETERNAL CITY.

Checkmate.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slippery posted:

Yeah but it makes chuds mad which is better than the alternative at least

one of those slow news day articles where the find a guy with 14 followers and make him the subject of an article

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1085177058135810048.html

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"woke speak"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

r/IDontWorkHereLady

Couple say I'm their daughter and try and kidnap me for not doing my job...

u/flex_tape_gurl

This was about 3 years ago but my aunt recently brought it up so I thought I'd share. This was a horrid experience but I now look back and laugh.

I was 14 and was visiting my aunt and uncle over the summer. My aunt works at the drug store a few blocks away. One day I had to get some feminine products as I had run out. So I decided I'd bring some lunch and eat with my aunt on her lunch break.

I went straight to the feminine products and in my haste accidently knocked some down. So I had squatted down to pick them. Note I also had my earbuds in listening to music. I was on the floor for maybe a minute when i was forcefully pulled up to a standing position. I turned and was met with a barbeque stained tshirt. Looked up I realized the guy wearing it was very angry and still holding on to my arm. He then started angrily ranting about how I shouldn't be wearing earbuds at work and should listen when someone was speaking to me.

I gruffly say "I dont work here. Go find someone else," and pulled my arm from his grip. Suddenly he's furious. He grabs my arm and starts pulling me to the front saying he's going to get me fired for being such a rude b***h. I was literally being dragged against my will so I start screaming "help! I'm being sexually assulted! He's trying to kidnap me!" He told me to shut up and still wouldn't let go!

People finally start coming around the corner as we get to the cash register. The lady there is horrified and tells him to let go of me and she is going to call the cops. He doesn't let go but realizes he's gonna be in trouble. So in an effort to cover his rear end he starts saying that I'm his daughter and I was trying to steal and his wife is right here to prove it. His wife looks a little shocked but quickly composes herself. She then marches right up to me and slaps me saying, I didn't raise my daughter to steal. They turn, still pulling me along, to leave. The whole time I am utterly horrified and didn't really say anything.

At this point my aunt comes from the back room and is utterly shocked. She starts screaming to let go of me. They start yelling that they are just disciplining their daughter. My aunt screams back that I'm her niece and they are going to jail. The guy quickly let go of me and literally run for the exit. The cashier lady followed them out yelling at them.

Turned out the cops had just pulled up outside and arrested them. I stayed in the back room as I was freaking out. But my aunt talked to the cops and pressed charges. They charged with assult, attempted kidnapping, theft (they took their unpaid items with them when they ran) and something else that I cant remember. I know the guy got 18 months in jail and a fine and the woman got a huge fine.

Edit: I think that the other was for having an illegal drug on them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

r/IDontWorkHereLady

Couple say I'm their daughter and try and kidnap me for not doing my job...

u/flex_tape_gurl

This was about 3 years ago but my aunt recently brought it up so I thought I'd share. This was a horrid experience but I now look back and laugh.

I was 14 and was visiting my aunt and uncle over the summer. My aunt works at the drug store a few blocks away. One day I had to get some feminine products as I had run out. So I decided I'd bring some lunch and eat with my aunt on her lunch break.

I went straight to the feminine products and in my haste accidently knocked some down. So I had squatted down to pick them. Note I also had my earbuds in listening to music. I was on the floor for maybe a minute when i was forcefully pulled up to a standing position. I turned and was met with a barbeque stained tshirt. Looked up I realized the guy wearing it was very angry and still holding on to my arm. He then started angrily ranting about how I shouldn't be wearing earbuds at work and should listen when someone was speaking to me.

I gruffly say "I dont work here. Go find someone else," and pulled my arm from his grip. Suddenly he's furious. He grabs my arm and starts pulling me to the front saying he's going to get me fired for being such a rude b***h. I was literally being dragged against my will so I start screaming "help! I'm being sexually assulted! He's trying to kidnap me!" He told me to shut up and still wouldn't let go!

People finally start coming around the corner as we get to the cash register. The lady there is horrified and tells him to let go of me and she is going to call the cops. He doesn't let go but realizes he's gonna be in trouble. So in an effort to cover his rear end he starts saying that I'm his daughter and I was trying to steal and his wife is right here to prove it. His wife looks a little shocked but quickly composes herself. She then marches right up to me and slaps me saying, I didn't raise my daughter to steal. They turn, still pulling me along, to leave. The whole time I am utterly horrified and didn't really say anything.

At this point my aunt comes from the back room and is utterly shocked. She starts screaming to let go of me. They start yelling that they are just disciplining their daughter. My aunt screams back that I'm her niece and they are going to jail. The guy quickly let go of me and literally run for the exit. The cashier lady followed them out yelling at them.

Turned out the cops had just pulled up outside and arrested them. I stayed in the back room as I was freaking out. But my aunt talked to the cops and pressed charges. They charged with assult, attempted kidnapping, theft (they took their unpaid items with them when they ran) and something else that I cant remember. I know the guy got 18 months in jail and a fine and the woman got a huge fine.

Edit: I think that the other was for having an illegal drug on them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

wasn't Lemongello a major league pitcher?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dovetaile posted:

I'm sorry but what?

Bioenchanted is an obscure media sorcerer

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lotta people biting on this obvious bait lol.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Do you have so much faith in humanity that you think this is unbelievable?

It was on reddit, from an obvious-as-gently caress troll account.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A big name celebrity!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think he said he wanted to prove to his wife it existed

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

more pure version of coronaposting

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 18:46 on May 12, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And the coworkers just stared at his 'punchline' blankly, and without missing a beat the female coworker said 'actually it's because you'll die without ever feeling a women's touch", then all the coworkers applauded and gave her $100.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also unicycles are really easy to ride. Way easier than bicycles, since if you have any coordination falling off a unicycle leaves you standing upright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=53269

No students known, though this looks at being a phd advisor which is more significant than just a lecture class.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Mar 14, 2022