Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I kinda feel like anyone who isn't a Sue Grafton or Lee Childs type who has a bazillion books and new ones always show up on the NYT best seller list automatically get a profile.

I also think if you've only had 1 book on that list you aren't making that kinda money unless it was made into a movie, not just optioned but actually produced.

They might not be rich, but they could have received a decent one time payment. Which might seem like a lot until you average it out to when you get the next big payment. And it might not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i did third grade level times tables right!! applaud me!!

and everyone stood up and applauded.

and that man... was adolf hitler.

People only remember Hitler from his one art school failure and ignore everything else he did.