Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

24 year old boy

He'll be 300 months old this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

New thread so I'm reposting this because it's so good, and I'm kinda proud that I contributed something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach posted:

Hahaha what! That's like saying "this book is unsafe." These people must just die when faced with history or art class.

Generally you give people a heads up when you're going into a part of history that involves observing people torn apart by machine gun fire with detailed pictures rather than when you're casually browsing pictures of the newest superhero movie.

Sounds like 4chan pulled the old 1 pig 2 pig 4 pig prank on them and everyone assumed that it was a lot bigger than it was because who ever heard of 4chan half-assing a raid?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

The "culture of sensitivity", that I think has just been blown out of proportion (sorry, I really don't think it's any sort of 'epidemic'), is probably a lot rarer than people think it is. I was given a heads-up in a class about the Holocaust because generally speaking, most people are at least a little uncomfortable with photographs of people shoveling bodies into pits and then setting them on fire. If you're not, that's a little hosed, IMO.

A little off-topic, but I can't help but side-eye people on the other end of the spectrum. Like, when someone goes, "I don't really like this," or "I don't think this is appropriate for [x] page" and then someone goes, "Wow, triggered much?" I would hate to be friends with someone like that.

Oh yeah, I don't put any stock into that either, poo poo's dumb. I wish I had crazy I could just turn on with a snap of my fingers because I'd go full on creepily-attached hero worship of soldiers anytime anyone pulls that 'triggered' bullshit.

'TRIGGERED? YOU MEAN LIKE OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS WHO STORMED THE BEACHES OF NORMANDY AND WATCHED THEIR ALLIES SHREDDED APART LIKE PULLED PORK?! I ONLY WISH I COULD BE SO EMOTIONALLY DAMAGED AS ARE BRAVE TROOPS WHO GAVE SO MUCH OF THEMSELVES- I THANK THEM EVERY DAY AT MY 11 HERO SHRINES.

And that's way worse than people complaining about participation trophies considering it sure as gently caress wasn't the kids raising themselves who gave themselves those trophies while deciding the American economy and job market really needed its nose rubbed in the dirt.

I also feel like 'lol tumblr' is kinda overblown since it's not even a centralized website like Stormfront, that place is like a bunch of cubicles.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 06:17 on May 1, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got a golden ticket.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Libandano Urfam posted:

"self-checking"

They misspelled "cruciferous stranger" and nobody has a date.

I think the closest I've come to having a date is eating a couple of Fig Newtons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Those damned humans pronouncing words differently just to piss me off!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

H/erbs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They deserve it, with their lovely pay and their overworking bosses and the constant lack of respect, those bastards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I think he was being tongue in cheek.

Oh sure, give her the benefit of the doubt.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Of course they do, they choose to work at a lovely job if they want more money they just have to bootstrap up and get an education :smug:

They should be glad to have a job at all the greedy bastards! drat entitlement generation wanting their jobs to pay them so well they don't have to be working and on welfare at the same time! :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Condiment Sucks

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got the second one.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/730460788071239681

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/730465077980233730

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a heartwarming stories thread anywhere?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monicro posted:

In all fairness y'all do know that kissing and loving are different things, right

Oh. That Jackson 5 song just got a whole lot less weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

If you ship actual human beings IRL, you're a bad person.

Now, is it okay if you only do that when they're playing a specific character?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In scared gun owner land, life is Left 4 Dead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We've all had days where we almost bought a death house right?