Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bottybot
Feb 28, 2013
Found on youtube, some video about obnoxious guitarist types.

sadsack darrell posted:

Here is my guitar snob story: Back in the early/mid 90's, my then new band playing mostly all original music went to an open mic night (and one our first public appearances) hosted by one of the more popular local bands at the time. It was one of those deals where all the amps , drums and mics are provided- just bring your instrument. When our turn comes around, we go up the stage to plug in and tune up. The lead guitar player from the host band is running sound, and helping us find our places and get ready. He comes to me and sees I have a Squire P Bass and says "Squire? <condescending chuckle> I started out on Squire too..." Then shows me the bass amp and starts explaining to me what each knob does, talking to me like I'm a complete idiot and need a explanation of all the tone knobs and what the volume knob does, really making sure I knew how to turn down the amp. I mean like he is explaining it to a toddler! We played our set to a great reception and many people loved what they heard. We hang around to catch the other performers and I was asked to sit in with a few people on bass, as was my drummer on drums. Mostly acoustic types that never really have a backing band. Later that week, the local music store owner told me that guitar player from the host band was looking for me, that he wanted to know if I wanted to join his band. He had a lot of flattering things to say about our performance to the shop owner. All I could say was "Is it ok if I show up with my Squire Bass??" I turned him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU